Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,269 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs (42491 Views)

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? / Now I Know Salary Is For Bills Only. / Minimum Wage: How Much Was Added To Your Salary In December 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by nairametrics: 11:59am On Nov 08, 2017
Sometimes having a job simply isn’t enough. A lot of individuals strive so hard for a job that when they do get one, they settle for whatever they’re paid. You don’t need to give up your job entirely; you just need to consider if you might need a little ‘something extra’ on the side to support what you get at the end of the month. A lot of people who got rich didn’t do so with their salary alone; they probably had tons of investment or side hustle you didn’t know about.If you experience these signs them know your salary is not enough;

Indebtedness;

This does not apply for chronic debtors (people who can’t be bothered to pay off their debts). If you find out that your debts keep piling up, you may not be making as much as you thought you were. You have bills piling up here and there to the point that you start choosing which bills to pay with the current paycheck and which t put off for next month’s pay.

Don’t earn enough to save;

With your paycheck, you should be able to pay your bills, live a moderate yet satisfying lifestyle and still have enough left for savings. Ideally, you ought to save first and spend later. A lot of people don’t save because their salary is barely enough to meet their needs. If you fall into this category of people, you’re not making enough money.

You’re always behind on payments;

There are bills that should be paid on a monthly or annual basis. They are not springing up on you, you’ve been aware you would have to pay yet when they are due, you’re unable to meet up. Bills like these include; rent, school fees (for kids if you have any), NEPA bills, cable subscription and others. If you’re consistently behind on paying your bills, you aren’t making enough.

Always cutting budget;

Every month, you need to cut something off your budget in order to meet up with other things on the budget. You’ve cut your budget so much that there’s nothing left to cut. This is a clear sign that you’re not making enough.

Emergencies scare you;

You are always worried that something would come up and you won’t be able to handle it. The case is worse when you don’t have any savings and are sole dependent on your next paycheck. If you’re not making enough to have provisions for emergencies, you clearly aren’t making enough.

There are several remedies to not earning enough. We mustn’t fail however to mention that some people who experience the afore mentioned scenarios, are sole responsible for their situation due to their extravagant lifestyle and mismanagement of funds and might simply need to make adjustments to their lifestyle and their spending habits.
If however, you do not belong to the class of reckless spenders and find yourself in a tight financial corer, you might want to consider getting a part time job or starting a side hustle to increase your funds.

READ MORE: https://nairametrics.com/if-you-experience-these-signs-then-know-your-salary-is-not-enough/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by midehi2(f): 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2017
God will really help us in this budget of a thing, especially we females, sometimes unnecessary stuffs comes in, money be like water na, come and go cry cry

6 Likes

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lobatan.com.ng.
I know say my God will arise on my behalf.
Salary no reach!

6 Likes

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Guyman02: 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
Even rich people in Nigeria still experience these symptoms angry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by eaglez(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
On point

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by bugidon(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
No be lie

2 Likes

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Lakebeyin(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
Wallahi, yo WA, shikana

1 Like

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by robosky02(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
oimennnnnnn grin
Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by GIDIBANKZ(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
My body dy Shake.....plz Hit my "Like" to Support my ministry

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by RIPEnglish: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
So at the end, you are expected us to be went and earn like 500k plus right? Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by asawanathegreat(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
My brother many of us dey notice am oo

2 Likes

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Chukazu: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
sometimes is not always how big one earns but how you manage and plan your life

8 Likes

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Napsterworld(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
True talk... Op u don experience am ni

1 Like

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Qsscruz(m): 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
This why entrepreneurship should be encouraged.. Most times salaries are not enough..

1 Like

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by lilfreezy: 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
cool
Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
This is a thread for broke people grin

Thank God that I am not broke.
I am just financially handicapped

4 Likes

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sometimes it is a matter of planning.

1.I save lots of money in internet costs by using my phone as a hot-spot, instead of paying for monthly subscription to internet providers like Spectranet

2.Stopped buying papers, saved some more.

3.By dieting, I hope to save cash I would have spent on snax

1 Like

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by BruncleZuma: 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
grin grin grin grin

If you notice any of these signs it means that you may be living above your means #SlayPeople

Nairaland and it's plethora of C & P "experts".

6 Likes

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by fait10(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by DozieInc(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
So true.
Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by HealthWealthy(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
True to some point though. Well done.
Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Rick9(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
Salary is not the way
Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
If you are greedy , materialistic and always misplacing priorities, you will always be in debt.

4 Likes

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by VickyRotex(f): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
Owo okin to olowo na.
It takes discipline!
Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by mikaael(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
wat of somebody dah did nt av job or source of income....

oh my...,... FTC....only me? I must b dreaming....
Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Kekekenny(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
Even with my 250k now 290k.still complaining Is not enough. Self employed is the best

6 Likes

Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by Aniedi30(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
okay I do business bcoz no man or machine can satisfy my needs and want.... so am safe
Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by begwong: 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
Who don ever say salary dey solve all his problems? Even crude oil companies staff dey claim broke sometimes na!
Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by goody1shoe73(m): 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
So true
Re: Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs by femi4: 1:48pm On Nov 08, 2017
Always withdrawing till you get to min balance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omolanke Shelle: Stericycle Hoists Nigerian Flag To Honour Employee / Money Cakes: Nigerians Keep Emulating Habits That Kill Jobs (Pictures) / 10 Mistakes You Are Currently Making That Might Damage Your Chance Of Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.