Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Black And White (the Good And Bad Within) - True Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black And White (the Good And Bad Within) - True Story (543 Views)

The Ivory Towers - the Good and Bad Life on Campus / Blood Money - A True Story Of Money Rituals.... / The Ivory Towers - the good and bad life on campus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black And White (the Good And Bad Within) - True Story by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
"What’s next, you might ask? Divorce is one of the hardest things ever but two people must part ways if happiness is no longer served on the table called marriage. It is a long road ahead to my destination but I have found a new freedom. I can be, I will be and I will continue to BE. My past led me here, and my present gives me hope for a tomorrow where I become all that God wants me to be. I take each day as it comes. I have good days and bad days and those in between. I keep learning forgiveness. I keep growing in faith and I will continue to follow the light". Her eyes was dark red as she conclude the book "On Becoming". She felt her pain. She herself had been there or better still she had experienced similar pain growing up. She closed her eyes and reflects on her journey so far, from the day she was born up till now.
I was born some time in 1993, i'm not really sure of the month exactly because of the mystery that sorrounded me as i grow up. I am a beautiful person or atleast i believe i am. I'm fluent in hausa language as I was born and bred in kano. My father was a wealthy hausa movies director even though he himself is a Yoruba man. Growing up as a child I taught I had everything. A wealthy father, a doting mother and two siblings. I was living a perfect life. Who wouldn't? My father owned the only television set in the whole neighborhood. He had the most beautiful car, we lived in a big compound and we attended the most expensive schools. Me and my siblings are not the brightest pupils in school so we never won the gifts presented to the top three in the class but as a way of compensation my father will bought us a gift if we end up among the top 10 pupils. "oh! What a perfect father" I used to say. He was everything to us.
I remembered when he first took me and my brother to a movie location, we thought we were only there to see how movies were made. Oh! We were so wrong, thats the day my father first turn us to actors, I was maybe 3 years old then and my brother was 5 or 6 years old, I can't really tell. We played the role of the little kids who just lost their parents. As a child, my interest was picked, thats when I decided to be an actress. Not knowing that life really had a different path for me. I remembered a situation when a house in our neighborhood was ablazed, My father literarily jumped into a well to fetch water that was used to put off the fire. Everyone at that time hailed him. He was my hero, he was everybodies hero. He was rich yet humble, our house door was always opened for the neighbors to come in to watch a live football match or to watch a movie or for any other reasons.
My mother was not exactly a sit down at home mum, she love working. She owned the biggest restaurant in the neighborhood as at that time. She generate loads of money. She was my hero. I remembered back then when their was a civil unrest in Kano then. The Hausas were attacking and killing those who are not Hausas, even though we could speak hausa fluently, I guess they had a way of finding out those who are really not Hausas. My father had been away. It was my mother who hid us in the ceiling. She was my everything, she was my hero and she literary saved my life.
Re: Black And White (the Good And Bad Within) - True Story by AryEmber(f): 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
This will be interesting, lemme grab a seat. The beginning is a little confusing, you started with third person pronoun then switch to first person, try to make this comprehensible for us.
Re: Black And White (the Good And Bad Within) - True Story by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 09, 2017
"You prostitute, Ashewo, Golddigger" my father barked. I didn't know who he was shouting at. I just got home from Islamic school when I heard my father shouting which was quite unlike him. I know better than to go and interfere in my father business, so me and my other siblings quickly ran to my mothers room fearing that my dad will pass his anger to is when he laid his eyes on any of us in that his furious mood. Was expecting to find some comfort with my mother, I was only 6 years old then but the look on my mother's face made me realized that something is terribly wrong. She looked at me like an outsider. She pulled my two other siblings to herself but she won't do the same to me. She looked at me like an outsider. At first I thought she was still mad at me for stealing her money almost 3 days earlier. It was much later that I realized that that wasn't the case.
After an hour or so, my father barged into my mothers room still furious, "ina ini" we all wispered greeting our father, he didn't respond to our greetings, he marched towards me, grabed my hand and pull me out of the room into his own home. I was terrified, its not a common practise to be in my fathers room. Infact we hardly enter his room except we did something wrong that deserved to be punished. This time around, he took me to his room, shoved me onto a share and gave me a biscuit to eat. That made me to relax, I might be a kid but I still know that people don't get a biscuit before being purnished. He sat on his bed staring at me, I had no idea what was going on in his mind. He just kept staring and after a while he started asking me questions. The questions were basic at first like How are you? Have you eaten? How was school? Among others, then he moved further to tell me how much he loved me, it was the first time I had ever seen my father been so emotional. It was oddly chilling. After a few moments, he stood me up and walked me to the room I heard him yelling the other time. Sitting in the room was a light skinned woman by the way they exchanged glances it was obvious that there was a huge tension between the two of them. Even though I had some reservations towards the woman I still greeted her properly as it was our tradition. My father didnt utter a word, he just sat me down on a chair and left me alone. There I was with a mystery woman who I had no idea who she was, but that didn't take too long to be corrected. When she opened her mouth, I discovered that the words coming out of her mouth was soft and oddly comforting. She talked in a calm and gentle way. I could not remember all that she said but thats when I realized that the woman I had been calling mother was only my step mother and the siblings I knew and grew with as brother and sister were my half siblings. This mystery woman was my biological mother and she was here with a court order that gave her a full custody of me. As if that wasn't a shock enough, she proceeded to inform me that I was her third child with my father and I still have a younger sibling that my father had dispersed to stay with different family members just because of his hatred for her. And then for the first time I had a different feelings towards my father, he wasn't much of a hero to me anymore and I despised him for keeping my motther and my biological siblings from me. The next da, mystery woman who actually was my mother packed my little luggage and took me with her to Plateau state uprooting me from my home into a mysterious new city.

(1) (Reply)

My Blood Boils In Anger / The Mess-age (hilarious True Story) / Omalicha: Latest Opera By Graciano Enwerem!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.