Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Cross River University Of Technology In Perspective 2 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cross River University Of Technology In Perspective 2 (974 Views)

Encounter With 4 Siblings Who Trek For 58 Hours From Cross River Border To Camer / A Nairalander's Perspective On "School Na Scam" / Lecturer Caught In A Hotel With His Student In Cross River State (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cross River University Of Technology In Perspective 2 by brainyhopel: 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2017
Lost in thoughts I began painting this picture of CRUTECH.

First impression they say matters, and experience sometimes also a teacher. First day in school and my first contact is with an unfriendly non-academic staff. No doubt appeared matured, but character wise needs some tutelage from the youngest student on campus. Rather than explain how you should arrange your credentials in their respective files before submission as a fresher he kept shouting, “I will compound your problem”. Quick to anger, he would hiss, frown, grumble, ignore, and insult, making it look as if the institution was a promise land. Anyway, I also thought of the institution as a place similar to heaven, and where I would beat my chest saying I’m a student and could gladly call a higher institution. But my experience with this man made me rethink my position as a student here. Why should it be CRUTECH and not some place like Madonna. In front of me was a very annoying man who some said is the secretary, many others call an office messenger, and some like me don’t even know his position in the faculty. I felt bad at first but as a matter of fact it couldn’t weigh me down. I believed it was my characteristic as a living thing to adapt to whatever environment I find myself. The environment was a repulsive one to behold. The grasses were overgrown, and the few buildings clustered within close range made it seem like a glorified secondary school.

…But that was all when I arrived here.

As days summed up into week, weeks into month, months into years, so did vast changes roll into the great citadel of learning called CRUTECH. Structures of all kinds have been erected and the grasses on the fields trimmed almost every day to give a green and clean look to the environment. I am a CRUTITE, I love it here, and I have no regrets being a great BLAZER.

http://theuncensoredgist.com/painting-crutech-2/

Re: Cross River University Of Technology In Perspective 2 by MrHighSea: 6:24pm On Nov 08, 2017
CRUTECH has a very nice environment.
I enjoy the scenic views alot.
The fine arts department too, they always have weekly updates.
BUT GUY
That's no place to study any course. I don't know why...
Maybe the sorting, cultism, lecturers not being cared for...

Lots of my peeps schooled there when it was POLYCAL, they are dumbfounded by what it is now.

I "virtually" live there, but my kid bro decides to stay 3 years at home due to JAMB rather than study the same course he is studying now somewhere else, there in CRUTECH. There are so many people like than. Whst really vex me with them?

Faculty best gets nothing apart from a piece of paper during graduation.
Re: Cross River University Of Technology In Perspective 2 by brainyhopel: 1:16pm On Nov 09, 2017
MrHighSea:
BUT GUY

Lots of my peeps schooled there when it was POLYCAL, they are dumbfounded by what it is now.

I "virtually" live there, but my kid bro decides to stay 3 years at home due to JAMB rather than study the same course he is studying now somewhere else, there in CRUTECH. There are so many people like than. Whst really vex me with them?

The situation my friend is disheartening. Later the governor will come out to say the students are half-baked forgetting that the same government contributed the quality of learning delivered to these students
Re: Cross River University Of Technology In Perspective 2 by brainyhopel: 1:22pm On Nov 09, 2017
MrHighSea:
BUT GUY

Their eagerness to go on strike is another annoying issue. Yesterday students held the lecturers hostage

You can click link for information about that http://theuncensoredgist.com/unplanned-academic-breaks/

(1) (Reply)

Register For National Essay Competition To Win Cash Prizes, Laptops, Scholarship / Does Olabisi Onabanjo University Take Two Sittings For Pharmacy / ANAN Or Masters : Please Help, A Nairalander Needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.