Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,252 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (66261 Views)

Quit Notice To A Tenant / Help My Land Lady Give Me 3 Months Quit Notice While My Rent Is Till Running / Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:39am On Nov 09, 2017
hello everyone,
please I want to ask about some tenancy law and wish some lawyers here will give us a full clarification. .if a tenant is given a 3 or 6 months quit notice, will he still need to pay rent for the period stated in the notice?

thanks
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 09, 2017
No.. grin tell ur lawyer to write him indicating ur searching for another accomodation. cc the courts...i pity landlords sha...il rather buy and sell properties.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Timoleon(m): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2017
I think you stil have to pay...the six months is usually grace to be free from being bothered by the landlord while looking for another apartment. However you still owe the landlord for using his apartment for that six months.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Lilipawpaw: 7:44am On Nov 09, 2017
Pay fire,for what naa

2 Likes

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Spaxon(f): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2017
like you said "it's months of NOTICE". So you don't have to pay.

All those Space bookers above me.. U think you are doing me U r doin yasef cheesy

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by wildchild02: 7:44am On Nov 09, 2017
No
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by kings09(m): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2017
Lawyers oya
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by omogin(f): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2017
I don't know o
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by HAH: 7:45am On Nov 09, 2017
Yes, is not free

10 Likes

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 09, 2017
Am nt sure they pay sha,its not supposed...next person got an idea?
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by lelvin(m): 7:45am On Nov 09, 2017
Hehe. .. OP have u been evicted? Landlords are not smiling these days oo.

No pay anything oo. But if he's forcing you, it's simple. Just go to the market and buy a calabash and paint it white. When next he ask you for the money tell him the money is not complete yet. That the Oracle said you should wait for 7 days before taking the money out of the calabash.

After the 7days when u offer to pay him the money, the man will be like... grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by tonyaks: 7:45am On Nov 09, 2017
NOOO O
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by LastSurvivor11: 7:45am On Nov 09, 2017
U don't need to pay, after all if you have been paying am not sure the quit notice will be issued in the 1st place..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by karzyharsky(m): 7:46am On Nov 09, 2017
u pay if u wish
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Sunnycliff(m): 7:46am On Nov 09, 2017
No, the 90 days is for free, just for him to pack out on or before that expiry date.

2 Likes

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Tylerfitnesss: 7:46am On Nov 09, 2017
They are telling u to leave thier house

That 3 to 6 month is the time given to pack ur loads na. So why should u pay

6 Likes

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Donald3d(m): 7:46am On Nov 09, 2017
Nigerians like awoof grin grin grin
E dey run belle oo

Kindly check my signatture

Christmas giveaway to boost your business !!
Website ,plus free hosting ,plus free domain ,plus free 100 copies of business card all for you at just 30k
Check out a site i built recently www.hubertagro.com

1 Like

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Esusustuffs: 7:47am On Nov 09, 2017
If the landlord is nice pay, If unfriendly, dont.
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Vizboy1: 7:47am On Nov 09, 2017
[Sup]Some girls are very wicked just because I met her in a place where they were digging grave,,,,then we exchanged numbers and she saved my number with grave boy...[/sup]

3 Likes

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by oruma19: 7:47am On Nov 09, 2017
Yes, he pays monthly. That's d law. Anything otherwise will result in confusion in the land. If he doesnt have to pay, it means tenants will be fighting their landlords everywhere so as to get free 6 months to live in their houses and discharge. When they get to the new one after a year, they fight again and get free 6 months. Lolzzz.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Isukosudin(m): 7:47am On Nov 09, 2017
We need to be very serious about this issue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 09, 2017
Noooo
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by kuntash: 7:48am On Nov 09, 2017
The Quit notice for a yearly tenancy I understand can go for up to 6months and during that period, the tenant is not supposed to pay anything but to provide an opportunity to plan a pack out..

however, if that tenant is NOT a yearly paying one, the duration of 6months doesnt suffice, I think its a Month or thereabout ,,

Just as a friend suggested, he would prefer to engage his tenants to be paying on monthly basis so as they can easily meet up and sort out any issue as they arise within the shortest possible time - I think I agree with that..

2 Likes

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by yanshDoctor: 7:48am On Nov 09, 2017
its 1 to 3 not 6. some landlord only give 1 month free if you exceed before you leave you pay the other months and if you refuse to leave he disgrace you by throwing out your load or remove you door and window or even your roof.

some landlord has a written documents that covers all the terms and conduction. that you most sign. so forget amount the stories you believe in.

rules like no pet and numbers of people to live in the house. and you are to give him one month notice if you want to pack out yourself you will pay for the month, while he will give you 1 month if he us is sending you out for free.

you can only mess up with weak landlord. dont the stunt with those strong landlord they will chase you without any notice and nothing will happen they have the money to Bleep with you. i hope you have the money to waste with a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by kriskristyne(f): 7:48am On Nov 09, 2017
It is free but he/she should be out when the notice is due
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by anonimi: 7:48am On Nov 09, 2017
valentineuwakwe:
hello everyone,
please I want to ask about some tenancy law and wish some lawyers here will give us a full clarification. .if a tenant is given a 3 or 6 months quit notice, will he still need to pay rent for the period stated in the notice?

thanks

Yes.
If a worker is given notice of separation, she is still paid his salary until the last working day, not so?
The tenant has to pay rent until the last day of staying in the rented premises.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Exponental(m): 7:48am On Nov 09, 2017
My house is for sale. Quit notice of 8months... I paid!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by knight05(m): 7:48am On Nov 09, 2017
grin
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Silensa(m): 7:49am On Nov 09, 2017
Since I don't know, I am here just to read comments and learn or laugh as the case maybe
Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by mzlee01(m): 7:49am On Nov 09, 2017
Yes, you will have to pay for the period of the notice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? by Partnerbiz(f): 7:50am On Nov 09, 2017
Yes you pay all.
After expiration of your tenancy, you will now pay what they call mesne profit.
Mesne profit is equivalent to rent.

Btw, put yourself in your Landlord's shoes ooo.. u no wan pay rent abi?

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jabi Lake Mall, Abuja Nearing Completion (pics) / Kitchen Built Inside Toilet In A Self-Contained Apartment In Ibadan (Photos) / Oba Lateef Atanda Adams To Seize 300 Houses In Surulere, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.