Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,239 members, 7,839,263 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican (13376 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Buried In Vatican Tomb After Funeral Led By Pope Francis / Vatican Expels U.S. Cardinal Theodore Mccarrick For Soliciting Sex / Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by benzems(m): 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2017

Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by delivryboy: 3:46pm On Nov 09, 2017
Just the way Kano destroyed alcohol.

1 Like

Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by millomaniac: 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
For what na aa angry
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Cyynthialove(f): 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2017
Good development
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by showghan(m): 3:49pm On Nov 09, 2017

Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by tofolo(m): 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
he is..
Edopesin:
Is Uhr "Highness" The Gov Of Vatican City
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
is coming too late cool
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Abiona001(m): 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2017
sebi na sales dem ban not to smoke. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Odianose13(m): 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2017
Good move. Smoking is not a sin but its the easiest (bad) habit to be addicted to.
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by uboma(m): 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2017
this is a good move by the Pope.
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2017
captainprogress:
Smoking na sin?

NO PART OF THE BIBLE EVER RECORD SMOKING TO BE A SIN BT....

BT THE BIBLE NEVA SAID "THOU RUNNETH WEN YE SEE A TRAILER COMETH"

1 Like

Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Achorise: 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2017
Catholic church shaaa!!!!
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Antoeni(m): 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2017
The POPE deserves a statue for dis

1 Like

Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Sterope(f): 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
He is not forcing people to stop smoking. He is discouraging smoking by not selling it.

HumbleGee:
OK but I don't think thats neccesary ..u can't force people to stop smoking ..u are suppose to try and convert them
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Odianose13(m): 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2017
HumbleGee:
OK but I don't think thats neccesary ..u can't force people to stop smoking ..u are suppose to try and convert them

What is your definition of CONVERSION?

con·ver·sion
kənˈvərZHən
noun
the act or an instance of converting or the process of being converted.

The pope is dealing with one of the processes of conversion!
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by KO89: 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
lokobyforch:
Pope Francis has outlawed the sale of cigarettes at the Vatican in a bid to lead by example on healthy living. “The Holy Father has decided that the Vatican will cease to sell cigarettes to employees as of 2018,” the Vatican said in a statement on Thursday.

The reason is very simple: the Holy See cannot contribute to an activity that clearly damages the health of people,” it said, adding that smoking claims more than seven million lives every year, according to the World Health Organization. “Although the cigarettes sold to employees and pensioners in the Vatican at a reduced price are a source of revenue for the Holy See, no profit can be legitimate if it puts lives at risk,” it added. Francis, who has only one lung, does not smoke. He has let the locals keep their other guilty pleasure, tax-free alcohol. The cigarettes and booze are sold in a luxury duty-free shop, opened in 2003 in what was once the Vatican’s magnificent railway station but is now home to everything from designer handbags and shoes to flat-screen televisions. Only those with a pass — Vatican employees or pensioners — can shop there, and many pick up goods, food and even fuel inside the city for Italian friends on the other side of the tiny state’s imposing walls.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/breaking-pope-bans-cigarettes-sales-vatican/

If na Imam ban alcohol they go call am extremist. ...... As na Pope shocked......hypocrisy of the highest order
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by gerreer32: 4:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
awesome
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by kevoh(m): 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2017
KO89:

If na Imam ban alcohol they go call am extremist. ...... As na Pope shocked......hypocrisy of the highest order
Read the post very well, Ogbeni undecided undecided the ban has nothing to do with religion rather to help show an example for a healthy lifestyle. Smoking is dangerous, it is even on adverts made by cigarette companies. Banning Cigarette SALE will help to discourage smoking since it will become scarce thereby promoting a healthy lifestyle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by wink2015(m): 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
How do Nigerian apply for visa to travel to the Holy see or the Vatican?

Is it through the Italian embassy or the Vatican has an embassy in Nigeria?

Nigerians especially Catholicans who have travelled to the vatican can contribute the procedure for a vatican visa.

Thanks
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by charlsecy(m): 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
HumbleGee:
..u can't force people to stop smoking ..
Sale of cigarettes has been banned, not smoking.

HumbleGee:
...u are suppose to try and convert them
You allow its sale, but convert them not to buy it?

1 Like

Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Austinoiz(m): 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2017
HumbleGee:
How can u convert those who don't want to stop their dirty way of life?
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by obilee007: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=captainprogress post=62221936]Smoking na sin?not sin but you read the comment to save lives
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Habyz(m): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
DWJOBScom:

Welldone Pope

And leader that cares about his people.
Over here people smoke freely along the road and noone stops them
We practice democracy here, but the government still warns its citizens about the dangers of smoking, if it were banned people like you would still be the ones screaming.
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by DWJOBScom(m): 5:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
Habyz:

We practice democracy here, but the government still warns its citizens about the dangers of smoking, if it were banned people like you would still be the ones screaming.

Well what i was referring to was openly smoking and endangering the lives of others NOT smokers who smoke inside their houses
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Kaycee9242(m): 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2017
[He said on health issues, always read with understanding
quote author=captainprogress post=62221936]Smoking na sin? [/quote]
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by EmekaBlue(m): 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2017
Wow....And I also honestly seriously just quit smoking today

Pope pray for me keep to it.
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2017
Why won't one take a lighter too, if does dudes at Vatican do meaning it's no sin. God has a way of judging everyman
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by gawu1: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
Lovetinz:

That's less than the number of people that lives on my Street! If smoking was permitted there and my neighborhood mallam opens a cigarette stall there, Jesus will return before he can sell-off a carton of cigarettes.
Had that banned on sales of cigarette announced in my area my own neighbourhood pastor would have been everywhere now, calling it islamization agenda. I am looking forward to hear the Vatican banning intoxicating products or alcoholic drinks because of the havoc they are causing in the world. And I do hope my neighbour will not declare the vatican a shariah state. May God gives my neighbour wisdom to understand.
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by zoedew: 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2017
Whaaaat! So smoking has been going on there all this while by folks who lay claim to Priesthood.#ThumbDown
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by Chrisbeks: 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
Edopesin:
Is Uhr "Highness" The Gov Of Vatican City

He is actually the president of the Vatican
Re: Pope Bans Cigarettes Sales In Vatican by kevoh(m): 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2017
gawu1:

Had that banned on sales of cigarette announced in my area my own neighbourhood pastor would have been everywhere now, calling it islamization agenda. I am looking forward to hear the Vatican banning intoxicating products or alcoholic drinks because of the havoc they are causing in the world. And I do hope my neighbour will not declare the vatican a shariah state. May God gives my neighbour wisdom to understand.
Nigeria is not Vatican city. Unlike the Vatican city with just one religion and the government policies influenced by this religion, Nigerian has more than one religion any unfavorable law influenced by any of the religions would always be seen as an agenda by the other adherents it does not favour.

Hope you will have wisdom to understand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caught On Camera: Holy Mary Appeared Live In Kaduna, Nigeria (see Photos, Video) / Why Do Christians Bow To Armed Robbers? / Which Church Do You Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.