Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) (46299 Views)

What's The Best Place To Pay Your Tithe As A Christian. / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? / Not Paying Your Tithe As A Christian? I Really Pity You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by ajibolag(m): 9:52am On Nov 11, 2017
Abudu2000:
I did withness those planned ones in nigeria, eg apostle suleman, the Joshua, even the one in South Africa by a Nigerian pastor and I must say it was really enlightening...not to mention the rituals and sex scandals which no of them were proven innocent of. I did watch a confession on YouTube where a follower of pastor chris naratted how they give people wheel chairs and direct them on how to act as cripples. That was enlightening too.... Don't you have YouTube on ur phone or good hasn't blessed u with one yet? Bru una go hear am this time, the whole world will see all these swindling tactics ,unless you guys better come up with something better
Did u see "African pastors" on d list I gave u? bros I knew that's where u would drag d matter to..
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by Abudu2000(m): 9:55am On Nov 11, 2017
ajibolag:

Did u see "African pastors" on d list I gave u? bros I knew that's where u would drag d matter to..
alright lets talk about Africa coz that where we are rn, right?
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by ajibolag(m): 10:05am On Nov 11, 2017
Abudu2000:
alright lets talk about Africa coz that where we are rn, right?
I won't detest or concur with ur view on d African ones, but I'll rather acquiesce. "It is only God who knows those that truly seek and worship him". it is of no one's duty to claim that a "man of God" Is an actor, or isn't real.
but my brother it's a matter of u opening ur senses, eyes wella and also being rooted in ur believe. "that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and from, and carried around with every wind of doctrine, by sleight of men, and cunning craftiness (fake miracles,tithes and d likes) used in deceiving" eph 4:14. the Bible has said it all.
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by sinceraconcept(m): 10:14am On Nov 11, 2017
ogologoamu:

I was poor and my pastor gave me money to start business, today I am an importer........ Bro Smith's testimony

You don't know the commitments of these pastors and how they have helped their poor members to stand. Stop been judgemental here.
don't speak about the 1% of pastors,speak about 99%. some pastors are good and genuine like Sam Aweda of Ilorin they're just 1%. so,don't say these pastors,say commitment of1% of pastors. are we not in this Nigeria again? Most church goers I know are very poor but most pastors I know are very rich
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 11, 2017
It's not only tithe.
Be ready to part with something if your pastor visits your house. Of course it's not everybody's house they go to. People are so afraid of these people that they have refused to think and make use of their brain.

Cos we are so rigid and very superstitious.
An ancient Chinese saying said that deities exist and become very powerful cos we reverence them. The day we stop, we see them for what they are. They are magnified cos they live through men. Once men stop, they will simply cease to exist.
Many deities have come and gone. They were once very powerful and thus revered and feared. So also what we have now. And the once that will come later.

2 Likes

Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by KENZINCO(m): 11:16am On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:

You don't understand what I post, just ask and I will personally explain it to you. He said that he is a tither, yes and nobody said that he is not. But here, I'm talking about the motive behind that inscription. If he isn't threatened out of losing tithers, he wouldn't be so bothered so much that he had to pull out his number plate and replace it with this one.
I still don't get what ur problems are... As long as nobody is defrauding u by compelling u to pay, the how does the fact that some other ppl are paying turned out to be a headache for you.
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by Oluwapresley(m): 11:35am On Nov 11, 2017
fof1:

MARTIN LURTHER WAS AND IS STILL VERY RIGHT. BUT UR CONCLUSIONS IS VERY WRONG AND MISLEADING. PLS GO AND STUDY ON D SUBJECT OF TITHING IN UR BIBLE VERY WELL AND COME BACK HERE TO STATE UR FINDINGS,PLS. GOD CALLS US ALL TO A LIFE OF COVENANT WITH HIM. FROM GENESIS TO REVELATIONS. ITS NOT COMPETITIONS.HUMILITY AND SELFLESSNESS IN SERVICE. DIVINE OWNERSHIP IS KEY HERE.TITHE IS DIFFERENT FROM OFFERINGS AND GIFTS,ETC. HOW MUCH IS D TITHE.? PLS STUDY TO SHOW URSELF APPROVED UNTO GOD. DONT TEACH HERESY BUT BALANCED TRUTH ALWAYS. AM NOT FOR FLAMBOUYANCE AND OSTENTATIOUS LIFESTYLES. SHOWING LOVE AND MEETING NEEDS OF D NEEDY IS KEY LOVE LESSONS. IT IS ABOUT SERBICE TO HUMANITY.THANKS.

I've studied sir. Please, tell me about tithing giving scriptural references and let's see how we can study to show ourselves approved unto God from there. Thanks.
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by isaacfreeman99(m): 11:47am On Nov 11, 2017
see

Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by Bakrabas: 11:56am On Nov 11, 2017
You tithes, but who knows about your source of income...

After all, others too are tithing but they are still using Legwagon and Foot 505...does that mean there tithes have not been accepted...?
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by obatoro: 12:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
must you now announce it?
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by theimmortals(m): 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
cuedish:
Tithe or whatsoever money we give in the church is not in any way connected to our blessings....

Our God is a free giver....
He says : I WILL BLESS WHOM I WILL BLESS ...

let's say NO to manipulation.

Thank You. undecided

Keep deceiving your self
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by Nuezha(m): 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2017
cuedish:
Tithe or whatsoever money we give in the church is not in any way connected to our blessings....

Our God is a free giver....
He says : I WILL BLESS WHOM I WILL BLESS ...

let's say NO to manipulation.

Is that so? I'm 'surry' for you.
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by theimmortals(m): 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:
Funny. If we find out now, he's a pastor who's scared of losing thousands of naira through Daddy Freeze's perpetual campaign against tithing. I'm sure that simple inscription on his number plate will psychologically go a long way to keep the sheeple who is already contemplating on not paying tithe in the fold. For example, Soji was walking on the street, thinking whether he shouldn't pay tithe anymore, then the pastor's car passed beside him and he saw the number plate having 'I TITHE'. Soji will take that as a message from his god and he will keep paying his tithe. That's psychology for you, works well on the sheeple to keep them in the fold.

Oga Forget Grammar, 10% is not to much for God naaa
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by michony505(m): 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
cuedish:

Only if you know what it means when God have mercy on you.
The bible says give and it shall be given unto you, tithe is part of giving so that their may meat in God's house to cater for the gospel and the needy. Pastors using it not properly should not mean we should condemn the whole thing. My church pastor is not banking on the church's tithe instead he's giving out. PLS DONT GENERALISE THE TITHE ISSUE. Thanks.
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by ImaIma1(f): 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2017
Lightening:

I disagree with you. People need to be enlightened since our pastors choose to hide the truth to enable them continue with the fleecing of their flock. Most people paying their tithe today do so out of fear.

Is it what the pastors say or what the bible says? We should learn to read and understand the bible ourselves so that we wont be pushed left right and centre when faced with a non issue like this.

The people that pay tithe out of fear is their punishment for being gullible. Even my pastors say that we need to understand why we pay tithe because iy is a waste of resources if we pay without knowing why we do.
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by Oluwapresley(m): 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
Jahdriel:

Tithe does not stop anyone from helping their families OE poor people. They are millions of people who do not pay tithe and are financially irresponsible.

You said something and I decided to dig up answers for you.
This was a thread created by a nairalander last year. Go through it and reply me. I hope after reading through, you would know how "tithe" has destroyed some people's lives. Its not long. just read.
https://www.nairaland.com/3096665/should-pay-tithe-pay-brothers

Now, I don't mean tithing is wrong. But what is wrong is when our so called pastors feed us with so much lies that we get scared in making daily choices. If he had not been fed with lies, he would have paid his brother's school fees without thinking twice.. But he had been fed with so much lies that he dint want to be cursed at the expense of his brother's education.
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by mfm04622: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2017
rhektor:

Poor logic, from a misguided mind. So hasty to conclude from behind his keyboard.

The owner of the car is really a pastor! So the op's logic is not poor and the op is not misguided
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by stoic6ix: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2017
teflonjake:

Jargon

Nope! It's no jargon even though it may be true he/she's not a pastor but think about it.. if you take 1k to the street, wont you find someone who's Zain surely in deer need of it? If you Bless the person with it, is it not more fulfilling and rewarding? Nobody will know you 'tithed' but within yourself you will feel happy and fulfilled
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by teflonjake(m): 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
stoic6ix:

Nope! It's no jargon even though it may be true he/she's not a pastor but think about it.. if you take 1k to the street, wont you find someone who's Zain surely in deer need of it? If you Bless the person with it, is it not more fulfilling and rewarding? Nobody will know you 'tithed' but within yourself you will feel happy and fulfilled

Whether u tithe or not, you help the needy or not, if u or you don't "nobody will still know.

Except the loud ones who want people to know.
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by OtemSapien: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
theimmortals:

Oga Forget Grammar, 10% is not to much for God naaa
God Almighty is not a thief or a beggar to demand your money. As in, what's God Almighty going to be needing human money for?
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by makky555(f): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2017
kinibigdeal:
As culled online, a motorist at lekki this morning replaced the number on is carplate with the inscriptiion of "I TITHE"

This must definitely be connected to the recent attack from daddyfreeze

I tithe ....but I'm not so consistent embarassed embarassed embarassed How bad of me sad angry angry
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by Tejiriseth(m): 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
Please someone answer me. . I am a salary earner.. I earn 30k a Month and Tithe regularly. At what Point will I be able to drive that Kind of Car.?
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by jamace(m): 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2017
"FOOD 4 THOUGHT"

When anything happens to you, your pastor sleeps well but your parents don't.

"We have been so unfair"

You pay tithes in several thousands and give your parents pittance every month and you are wondering why things are still tight for you?

You have sown cars as seed, alter seeds, birthday seeds, vows, tithes, building projects, yet you have not bought or built one for the people who slaved to send you to school, you don't need Google to tell you what your end will be.

For those who still think your pastor's blessings are superior to your parents' blessings, your suffering is doing push-ups. Abraham blessed Isaac, Isaac blessed Jacob and Jacob blessed his sons. You give your Pastor your first fruit and leave your parents that struggled to pay your fees and you wonder why you lost your job? You buy gifts and sow birthday seed for your Pastor and you dont know your parents birthday or even call when you know. Wise up!

Pastor has his own children to pray for and am sure no pastor mentions your name in prayers everyday like your parents do for you daily...

Every correct pastor should consciously organize parents' appreciation day and look out for how the parents of those folks dropping fat donations are faring....

Thank You.
COPIED
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by jamace(m): 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2017
21 Richest Pastors in the World

1) Eric Macedo $1.1b Brazilian
2) Keneth Copeland $760m American
3) Pat Robertson $500m American
4) George Foreman $250m American
5) David Oyedepo $150m Nigerian
6) E A Adeboye $130m Nigerian
7) Ayo Oritsejafor $120m
cool Hebert Angel $60m Zimbabwean
9) Chris Oyakilome $50m Nigerian
10) Benny Hinn $42m Israeli
11) Joel Osteen $40m American
12) Tshifhwa Irene $35m South African
13) Ray McCauley $30m South African
14)Creflow Dollar $27m American
15 ) Billy Graham $25m American TV star
16) Rich Warren $25m American
17) T D Jakes $18m American
18) T B Joshua $15m Nigerian
19) Mathew Ashimolowo $10m Nigerian
20) Juanita Bynum $10m Kenyan
21) Chris Okotie $10m Nigerian
Compare these with Leaders of Other Churches and their Personal Wealth:

Pope Francis $0 ( Catholic)
Justin Welby $0 ( Anglican)
All other Leaders of Orthodox Churches have, at most, one home where they live , except Pope Francis who has no personal home .

Source: Forbes List

COPIED
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by Laggatumuch(m): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2017
Abudu2000:
my brother I don't know your level of education but if you have a bsc which I can bet my life that you don't then you really need to further your education. If after masters and phd you still reason so low then you still need to further tell you are released from the the ignoranace and spell these fraudsters have casted on you. So our politicians that use our taxes for their personal gain shouldn't be jailed or arrested or even criticize when caught or accused Abi So this is what these Yahoomen have made you ppl to blindly believe That even if they buy private jets and carry oloshos with your money then you are not in a position to say anything??

Ah haaa now I finally see why these pastors are hell bent on shutting daddy freeze up, coz he will not just send them bank to proverty but they will surely be brought to book for those they have swallowed already...

Bro, I am getting my plate number soon, I am no small guy either so let's see whose blessing is greater. It's now a car war, a Camry looking ride with **I tithe "" inscription or a more exortic one with **I don't tithe"" cool
So you raining insults on me.Young man I leave you to God.
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by frank043(m): 5:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
Oluwapresley:
WHAT TRIGGERED THE MARTIN LUTHER REFORMATION?
Here is the story, and why I think the Church is back to where it was before the Martin Luther Reformation exactly 500 years ago.
1. Before 1517, everyone belonged to the Roman Catholic Church which was the official religion, with the Pope as the head. The Pope had the final say on all issues concerning religion.
2. Pope Leo X wanted to build a fanciful Church building called St. Peters Basilica in Rome. The building was going to cost him so much. Hence, he decided to raise money from the sale of indulgences from purgatory.
3. Purgatory was invented by the Catholic Pope during the Crusades in order to get more men into the army. The pope claimed he could buy souls back from hell. His soldiers believed him and the practice continued.
4.The manipulation of the people through the sale of indulgences from purgatory(Offering God money in order to get God's favor) infuriated Martin Luther. The same idea of indulgences and purgatory was why MANDATORY TITHES and offerings got established in the early Church. 'God gets excited at the sound of coins in the offering plate'.
5. On Oct. 31st, 1517, a Roman Catholic Monk named Martin Luther posted 95 Theses on the door of the Church claiming salvation was by faith alone, among others. He claimed the Pope had no power to forgive sins or collect indulgences from purgatory.
His 5 pillars were, 1) sola fide( faith alone), 2) sola scriptura (by scriptures alone), 3) solus Christus (through Christ alone), 4)sola gratia (by grace alone), 5)soli deo gloria (for God's glory alone)
6. The posting of the theses happened at the early beginnings of the invention of the print media, just like today's internet. Within weeks, Luther's theses was widespread all over Germany, and all over Europe within months.
7. Before that, nobody had challenged the authority of the Church or Pope and lived. The Church had killed all scientists, historians or anyone who had a contrary view to the Pope. Often burning them publicly or beheading them.
8. Hence, the posting of the Theses was like Martin Luther posting his own death notice.
Ever heard the story of David and Goliath? The Pope was Goliath, Martin Luther was not even a David, he was a worm. The Pope could crush him easily. Somehow, the Pope was not able to. He referred to Luther as a wild boar. Luther often referred to the Pope as a 'lustful dog'.
9. Martin Luther was summoned by the council of Church and State to recant his writings. He declared he wouldn't as he was prepared to die for what his conscience believed.
10. Meanwhile, he remained in the Roman Catholic Church as starting another form of Christianity was not his goal. Luther's mission was to reform the Roman Catholic Church.
11. The Pope declared Luther a non-grata, meaning whoever killed him was doing God a favor. His life was put at risk.
12. Martin Luther was then kidnapped by close friends and hidden in a castle. His physical form was disguised for fear that he would be killed. He had already become so popular in Europe through his writings.
13. While hidden away and in Isolation, he translated the entire Bible for the first time into German from Latin, giving everyone access to the Bible for the first time. From German, it was then translated into other languages. This officially put an end to the dark age, the age of gross illiteracy.
14. Before Luther's Bible, the Bible had only existed in Greek and Latin which only Priests had access to. You could be killed if found with a copy of the Bible. This gave the Priests so much power, similar to today's Priests and Pastors.
15. As more people read the Bible for themselves, revolts broke out all over Europe as people saw how the Church had taken advantage of them over many years. The Pope lost so much power and the Roman Catholic Church became irrelevant. Luther called out the Popes, Bishops, and princes without mincing words, often challenging them to public debates.
16. Because everyone now had the Bible, different sections began to break out of the Catholic Church every man claiming his own revelation. There were the Lutherans, Calvinists, Puritans, Unitarians, Anglicans, and many more. The differences between them were so slight and insignificant, and denominationalism was born. This revolt led to the killing of so many of the revolters by the Catholic Church.
17. Each of these denominations grew so much in power, became capitalists and began to practice in new forms and with new languages, exactly what the Catholic Church was doing that led to the break out of the reformation in the first place.
18. Denominationalism then became Capitalism. Churches became more about big and beautiful buildings, how much profit you can get from the people, selling cajoles to people in exchange for money in order to fund the lavish lifestyles.
19. 500 years after, we are back to where it all began. We are practicing that old form of Catholicism. The church now is about money and buildings, tithes and offerings.
20. Who shall write for us another 95 theses?
500 years of the Reformation. We are still bleeding...
Success O. Fakolade, MD
Oct. 2017
Pray for the Church!!!

And you know the worst part of everything?
When people pay their tithe, the pastor calls them out and prays for them with a specific tone; "God bless these ones that have given to you." The others that don't have to give, they are left to say amen to the prayers for others. And you say you are giving willingly? Nope, you are not!! You are giving to avoid being cursed cox the pastor makes you feel that not giving when others are giving carries a curse already... and he tries to buttress his point by praying for them specially.

I always ask; do you know how many people have lost loved ones because they had to choose between paying their tithe or paying their loved one's medical bills? Do you know how many marriages have been broken and how many people have become homeless cox they decided to choose between paying tithe and doing the needful? My God won't want that kind of dealings. He wants you to be happy; Not broken as a result of the loss of your loved ones, not homeless, not a divorcé. He wants a cheerful giver, not a giver under compulsion!!! But pastors have made you give under compulsion because they make you feel you are robbing God and as a result you would be cursed! Very wrong!!! Very Very Wrong!!! "No one taketh My life, I lay It down." So if you can't take God's life, how do you think you can rob God? Hahaha..

Well said. The gullible ones will always quote to count based on years of brainwashing.
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by rhektor(m): 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:
I must talk, same way as others talk. I have freedom of speech.

Always remember slander and libel in exercising your so-called freedom of speech
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by OtemSapien: 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
rhektor:

Always remember slander and libel in exercising your so-called freedom of speech
slander and libel against who if I may ask? Against Yahweh or Allah, or the two of them together?
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by rhektor(m): 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
OtemSapien:
slander and libel against who if I may ask? Against Yahweh or Allah, or the two of them together?

Is Yahweh the one driving the I tithe car? Is Allah her arguing with you? You just have to exercise caution in the cause of your freedom of speech
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
Ryabcool:
Much ado over nonsense
•“Let me be that I am and seek not to alter me.”
Williams Shakespeare
Much ado about nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by OtemSapien: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
rhektor:

Is Yahweh the one driving the I tithe car? Is Allah her arguing with you? You just have to exercise caution in the cause of your freedom of speech
Yahweh is the one who made it possible for people to be paying tithe because of the careless talks in his book. Imagine, bring ye all the tithes into the store house that there may be meet in my house'. I wonder when a storehouse becomes his house when he should be sitting on his throne.
Re: Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) by OtemSapien: 6:16pm On Nov 11, 2017
rhektor:

Poor logic, from a misguided mind. So hasty to conclude from behind his keyboard.
You got only one 'like' for this? I'll give you one more 'like' okay. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? / Funke Adejumo's UK Ban: Daddy Freeze, Adelaja & Mayowa Are Too Small To Ban Rev. / Who Is The Best Nigerian Gospel Artiste? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.