Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! (985 Views)

Help Review This Website I Redesigned For Lekki British School / Please Review My New Job Blog, Your Criticisms Are All Welcomed / Hosting Account For A Forum Website (i Need Your Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 8:13am On Mar 21, 2010
Hello everyone,

A friend in Nigeria designed his website in Corel Draw and asked me to replicate the same design, and even use exactly the same fonts. Some parts were to be done in flash, but I used javascript instead.

<snip>I have edited the OP and removed some unnecessary info</snip>

Please all criticisms will be valuable. Thanks a lot!

-InesQor

The website is http://www.website.tld <---I have removed the original website link, following WebMonk's advice. smiley
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by suxes2005(m): 10:36am On Mar 21, 2010
The site is ok but as for me
i need more infos about the computer,
culture and other stuffs you wrote on the
site front page

SHALOM
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 6:47pm On Mar 21, 2010
@suxes2005: Please use the website's contact page

@Everyone: Please I really need your input before I turn over the site. Anyone?
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 1:39am On Mar 22, 2010
Na wa o!
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by ayettymama(f): 1:42am On Mar 22, 2010
you do webdesign??

i have loads of questions actually

can u help??
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 1:47am On Mar 22, 2010
@Ayettymama: Yeah I'm a freelance web-developer smiley . Do you want to talk here, or you wanna mail me? inesqor[at]yahoo[dot]com
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 11:50am On Mar 22, 2010
@Ayettymama: hmmm. . . I never got your email. If you prefer IM you can add me on yahoo messenger. Otherwise, we could communicate any other means you prefer, aiite?
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 12:17pm On Mar 22, 2010
Dear Yawatide, thank you very much for your constructive criticism on TADplanet cheesy , I got your message but I have no way to contact you, so I'm hoping you see this.

Can you please mail me so that I can keep in touch sometime? We may even get to do some work together if you have some extra time on your hands?

My email is inesqor[at]yahoo[dot]com

Thanks in anticipation, and keep your head up! cool
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 22, 2010
Honestly i must be frank and not be trying to be impressive, with all that you said you did, i was scared the site will be as bad as the devil, although it did not fall too below my expectation.

On the looks angle you did pretty well and that Javascript stuff was good, it got be staring.

But the links, why when on home it changes to small letter and the font style is different, try a different approach to making users know they are in a current page, that did not appeal to me.

The site is good enough to make a user happy and smiling. Not one that repels surfers, and everything was well aligned and arranged.

You deserve a 10/10 for the work.

Keep it up.
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2010
@Donpuzo: Thanks a lot! Actually for the navigation bar and the small letter design, that is exactly how the site owner designed it in Corel Draw so I had to replicate the same design in my development. Thanks again!!
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by ayettymama(f): 3:33pm On Mar 22, 2010
kk ill mail u asap
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by smartsoft(m): 3:38pm On Mar 22, 2010
with all d software programming you use and all the noise you make, i taught i was gonna see a WOW website.
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2010
smartsoft:

with all d software programming you use and all the noise you make, i taught i was gonna see a WOW website.
There is nothing extraordinary about what I said. Every respectable front-end developer does those things I said. I only presented the information that way in case any beginner wants to know how I developed the site.

After all, some of us are here to learn cos we don't know it all.

Maybe someone may even tell me that another CSS framework is lighter or would have been more efficient or something?

Guy, I tire for you o.
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
Fortunately, nobody has quoted my original post, so I have removed all the technical details I initially presented.

Hope people like smartsoft are happier now?
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 22, 2010
@Inesqor. If i talk them go say i talk.

Ask amif him fit do a better site. If you talk say u use this and that, that is not his business.

Please review of free him right now.

Donpuzo says so!!!
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by WebMonk(m): 8:25pm On Mar 22, 2010
All in all - nice. Especially the markup and scripting. Kudos.

As others have said, just work on the navigation.
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2010
Thanks Donpuzo! smiley

@Webmonk: Thanks! But that is the exact style that the site owner asked me to use. I was instructed not to deviate from it, so in fact my hands and creative license was tied in that respect. grin The only way i could demonstrate creativity was in the computer displays and the fashion gallery, where I was meant to tackle it with flash.

IMHO, the frontpage looks unexciting but that is exactly how he wanted it. You know clients can be adamant at times. smiley Thanks again!
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 22, 2010
The front doesn't look so bad. It's not something that will make me run away.
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by WebMonk(m): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2010
@InesQor: I know all too well how clients can be.

For future projects (with adamant clients), try giving them more flavour (you do what they tell you first, then do your own version second, show them the 2 versions and let them decide)

More often than not, You get away with a better design. A client once insisted on his own logo which looked like something from the stone age. I ran with it, working on "everything else" with creativity (and another version with an updated logo). On presenting the 2, he changed his mind wink

And finally, web reviews are good, but its a two edged sword: Clients whose projects have been reviewed in forums might stumble upon such forums, and are easily swayed by negative comments(even though they are unfounded). Though you have taken caution to that effect, my best bet would be privately tag with the "who's who" for such reviews (and remove the url when the thread is old).
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
@WebMonk: You have given VERY useful advice, and I'm very grateful! And thanks, I will remove the link in another 1 or 2 days grin
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2010
lol. Webmonk just said something very useful and interesting.

And finally, web reviews are good, but its a two edged sword: Clients whose projects have been reviewed in forums might stumble upon such forums, and are easily swayed by negative comments(even though they are unfounded). Though you have taken caution to that effect, my best bet would be privately tag with the "who's who" for such reviews (and remove the url when the thread is old).

That's very true, but funny enough many of the sites may not be too bad, its just some funny dudes that will just come in and try to show that at least they can make noise.

I may take to this advice. Afterall, most clients may feel real satisfied with the job. And like Yawatide once told me also, thats what matters.
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by InesQor(m): 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2010
Thank you everyone! I have rendered the site to the owner. I appreciate ALL the comments posted here, and off-site as well. You guys are great! cheesy
Re: Please I Need Your Criticisms On This Website I Just Finished Developing! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2010
Good!!!

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Insert A Fash Swf Banner On My Site / Security Alert / Your Blog Mobile With Dudamobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.