Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Nothing Is Really A Mistake. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nothing Is Really A Mistake. (449 Views)

Meet Benefit Boys: Who Are They And What Is Really Beneficial? / Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? / Ahmadu Bello University Online MBA; A Mistake I Wish I Never Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nothing Is Really A Mistake. by Afz9095(m): 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
I don't know where to post this,the mod should please do the needful if this is the wrong section for this
. I could write a book from the things I have learnt from the people I randomly come across daily. I have had my faith and hope strengthened from these encounters. I’ve gotten answers to questions and fresh perspective to
Last week, I was running very late for work and I decided to pick a drop so that I avoid the many detours and delays my regular route brings. I entered this keke and after greeting the driver who was a young man, I told him I loved the air freshener he used in the vehicle. He smiled and thanked me for liking it. He said, “I’m happy you like it. I want to make my passengers enjoy their trip and be comfortable”. His reply made me laugh and I was really pleased when I looked around and noticed he had put in good effort to keep the vehicle neat and really cool, all that was missing was an AC.
After a while, he asked, ‘are you a student?’ I answered in affirmative. He continued, ‘what do you do?’ I replied, ‘I intern in the only commercial bank in town’. He smiled and said, ‘so do you love being an intern in a bank and has it always been your dream?’ I honestly was not expecting such reflective question, but I told him that some days I loved it and other days not so much. I also told him that it was my dream to become a PRE
A few minutes passed and he started talking very solemnly- “My dream was to be a teacher and I am still planning to go to school. I just started evening school and I’m planning to go to the University someday but I have a new dream now. It may not be my original dream or goal but I am satisfied that I help other people fulfil their dreams by taking them from place to place. Some days, I feel forgotten, invisible and ordinary but I derive joy from knowing that I contribute something little in the lives of the passengers I carry and I add to their own dreams’.
When he was done talking and I did not say anything because I was speechless, he turned briefly to look at me before looking back to the road and continued, ‘sister, whether you are a big PRE or a small PRE or whether everyone knows you or not, what matters is that you’re making this earth better in your own little way’. Then he added, ‘even if you cannot reach your own goal, if you help others with theirs, that is okay’. By now, I was struggling to tame my eyes from watering.
I reached my stop and I did not want to come down without saying something but I did not know what to say. My heart was full and my eyes was already watering. I told him, ‘this is no mistake that we meet today’. He replied, ‘nothing is really a mistake’. I came down and asked for his name and number but he declined the number and told me just his name. I jokingly added, ‘please give me your number so that when I become governor I can call you and prepare a lodge for you’. He laughed and asked for my name then he added, ‘keep the N250 and consider it my contribution to your campaign. When I see you on TV or anywhere, I’ll be happy we met today’. I was going to ask him about his plan for school and he drove off waving at me.
He drove off and my life has not being the same. Oh my God! I keep crying happy tears when I relive this encounter. My heart is full and I feel blessed to have met him. I honestly don’t know how to pour my heart here…
Source : https://ladyvickyblog./2017/07/17/nothing-is-really-a-mistake/
Cc : lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nothing Is Really A Mistake. by Afz9095(m): 11:44pm On Nov 09, 2017
lalasticlala this is front page material

(1) (Reply)

Shell SPDC JV University Scholarship, 2017 Ongoing – Apply Now / 10 Scary Facts About The Bermuda Triangle / 2018 Jamb Cbt Registration Has Commenced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.