Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

The 2B And 2P Syndrome. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The 2B And 2P Syndrome. (410 Views)

Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos / The Get Rich Quick Syndrome In Nigeria / Investors Trade 2.2b Shares Worth N139.8b In Five Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 2B And 2P Syndrome. by dokita001(m): 8:05am On Nov 10, 2017
The 2B and 2P syndrome.

Are you familiar with these syndromes? They are highly responsible for the state some of us are in our lives today. They are conditions that are very catastrophic to our pursuit of success and happiness in life. If we don't get rid of these syndromes, we might end up living a life of mediocrity, an unfulfilled life and a sad life.
Let's take a look at these syndromes one after the other:
- 2B syndrome: it stands for "BUSY and BROKE" syndrome.
I have met with people who always claim to be busy every time you tell them about attending events that could actually add value to their lives like seminars, church programmes, business events and yet, they are so BROKE. This people probably haven't realized the fact that time is the most valuable commodity in life and how effectively you spend your time will reflect on them both financially, intellectually and more, yet they would be the sole obstacle to their own financial demise. They would rather claim to be busy to appear "busy". They spend most of their time on activities that adds no real worth or value to them and always blame people or the government for their lack of results. The best way to overcome this syndrome is to always ask yourself, what value is this activity I'm doing actually adding to my life? and when no substantial value can be derived, it's best to switch to activities that gets us closer to fulfillment and the results we seek. I personally apply this to my daily living and it worked greatly.
- 2P syndrome: this one is called the "PROUD and POOR" syndrome.
It's a total no-brainer that pride leads to shame, loss, had I known, poverty, ridicule and all sorts of negative results which I believe we don't want in our lives, so why be proud instead of being humble when we know these. I am no expert on the Bible but even the Bible says "blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth". These set of people are so proud and feel certain things that even people of more economic worth and value than them are willing to do. I remember vividly few years ago, I was into a certain business then and I set out to do some marketing in the market, I met a man whom I wanted to convince to do business with me but he wasn't willing to do business with me until I helped him carry out a certain task which he felt I was too big for and my level of humility touched his heart. It's been over 5 years now, he is not just my client but also a friend and has referred me to many other people whom I have done business with and made lots of money from, just a humble act I carried out.
Have you noticed most really successful and wealthy people are very humble and down to earth? I have had the opportunity to meet many really successful and wealthy people personally across all sectors and trust me, when you get close to them, they are the best humble people. And it's so ironic that it's the poor ones who are proud and always feel too big. So as much as possible, let's make it a habit to always check ourselves and when we notice that we are falling out of line or falling victims to these syndromes, we should do things the right way.
Be humble, let's make it a duty to focus on activities that will add value to us, I'm confident that the very top is where we would find ourselves in the nearest future!

Good morning.

(1) (Reply)

10 Online Business In Nigeria / FREE Facebook+Instagram+Linkedin Training For Business In 2018 / Learn How To Become Your Own Boss By Getting Yourself Employed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.