Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,323 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World (42039 Views)

Tallest Buildings In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video / Most Expensive Buildings In The World / Strangest Buildings In The World (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by Abimbola29(m): 7:16am On Nov 11, 2017
I think number 1 should be the strongest
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by Abimbola29(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2017
I think number 2 should be the strongest
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by jeffjoker: 7:17am On Nov 11, 2017
Genius,just genius
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by sustained: 7:20am On Nov 11, 2017
Oye0404:
Genius at its peak..but how do those guys come up with these masterpieces.
Howbdoes APC come up with the lies to Nigerians?
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by sustained: 7:21am On Nov 11, 2017
Oye0404:
Howbdoes APC come up with the lies to Nigerians?
Positive and negative channelling of energy
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by sirjomore(m): 7:26am On Nov 11, 2017
Strange sounds creepy. I think they are amazing architectural master pieces
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by uvalued(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2017
gbzed:
Most of our architects for Nigeria na to dey measure land dem sabi.

believe in your own and stop complaining but positive criticism
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by money121(m): 7:38am On Nov 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by wildchild02: 7:49am On Nov 11, 2017
Amazing

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get it customized FREE OF CHARGE
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by 4gunners(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2017
Thumbs up to the sructural engineers that ensured those structures are not just paper work. Architect love crazy aesthetics, leaving the burden on the engr to ensure safety is not compromised.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2017
Oye0404:

after smoking a mixture of oyibo & osogbo weed & finally topping it up with vodka
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by drmingler(m): 8:09am On Nov 11, 2017
Wow!

Cash Network CPA Verified Account Needed Urgently Contact Me On Whatsapp 07062235480 If You Have
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by Niyeal(m): 8:43am On Nov 11, 2017
In my father house. there are many rooms there I'm going to meet the caretaker to get a room for u
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by victorazyvictor(m): 8:58am On Nov 11, 2017
Naija

Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by Cmanforall: 9:07am On Nov 11, 2017
skimeh:
9-CUBIC HOUSES Rotterdam, Netherlands
The Cubic houses, the most amazing but strangest buildings in the world. These are a set of innovative houses built in Rotterdam and Helmond in The Netherlands. The design of this building represents a village within a city. It based on the concept of “living as an urban roof”: high density housing with sufficient space on the ground level. It was designed by Dutch architect Piet Blom. They are cubes, situated in different angles over hexagon formed pylons, so they resemble trees, and altogether – make a forest. There are 38 small cubes, and they all are attached one to another.
Amazing... I've been there! Lots of architectural designs in the Netherlands.
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by moorevic(m): 9:10am On Nov 11, 2017
Nigeria has one strange building that isn't strange anymore. "uncompleted building" these set of infrastructures leaves one confused on what the architect actually has in mind.
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by profnigga(m): 9:23am On Nov 11, 2017
The Basket Building (Ohio, United States)
This may look like a picnic basket kept in the park. But this actually is a 7-story building which is Longaberger's Home Office located in Newark, Ohio. This monument is in-fact world’s largest basket. Its 192 ft. long by 126 ft. wide at the bottom, spreads to 208-ft. long by 142-ft. wide at the roofline

Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by profnigga(m): 9:25am On Nov 11, 2017
The National Library, Minsk, Belarus

Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by peacemara54(m): 9:32am On Nov 11, 2017
architect and creativity
check my signature
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by wizod(m): 9:45am On Nov 11, 2017
We don't hv professional architects here. Nigeria is backward in everything
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by Godwin978(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2017
atleast we have one in lagos national..............complete am EKO NI BAJE
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by derevarc(m): 9:58am On Nov 11, 2017
omoikea:
which one has our Nigerian architects done?
can u fund any of them? You guys should leave us architects alone, our work depends on d financial power and exposure of our clients. Na ny money I go take build am?

Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by olanje: 9:59am On Nov 11, 2017
gbzed:
Most of our architects for Nigeria na to dey measure land dem sabi.
you lied!!! Nigerian Architects are world beaters from Arc Fola Alade to Arc Agama
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by Forceup(f): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2017
Very beautiful buildings

I like them kiss kiss
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by Austin234(m): 10:21am On Nov 11, 2017
If man's wisdom can do all these architectural designs, how about God's wisdom? No wonder Bible said, 'The foolishness of God is wiser than men, His weakness is also stronger than men (1 Cor. 1 vs 25). The foundation of the earth is upon the water. Thank u God for ur sovereignty
skimeh:
The world owes some of its strangest structures to the masterminds of unconventional architects, who have painted their weird expressions through brick and mortar. The architecture’s field has contributed with many man-made structures and huge buildings to challenge nature’s boundless miracles. Modern architecture has brought many amazing buildings to the world. Quirky shapes, ambitious designs, new materials, and new different styles have come with the modern architecture into construction today. Sky scrapers reaching to the clouds and gigantic structures of metal are common sights in almost all corners of the world. Architects have designed great splendor which then became reality. The purpose of the building is not always seen in its design. Futuristic museums and opera houses have become a usual thing. Here, we list some most amazing, strangest buildings in the world.
10-NATIONAL CENTRE FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS, CHINA. The National Center for the Performing Arts (NCPA), described as The Giant Egg is an arts centre in Beijing, China. The Center internally, contains three major performance halls, seats 5,452.

An Opera Hall, seats 2,416
The Music Hall, seats 2,017
The Theatre Hall has 1,040 seats
The Opera Hall is used for operas, ballet, and dances. And, the Music Hall is used for concerts and recitals. While, theatre Hall is used for plays and the Beijing opera.

Taking almost 6 years to complete, it is an ellipsoid dome of titanium and glass. Construction started in December 2001 and the inaugural concert was held in December 2007. The building is surrounded by an artificial lake, seats 5,452 people in three halls and is almost 12,000 m² in size. One of the strangest buildings, it was designed by French architect Paul Andreu.

Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by ClassicMan202(m): 11:07am On Nov 11, 2017
More credits should be given to the Civil Engineers....
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by nas00(m): 11:36am On Nov 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by babapressy(m): 11:47am On Nov 11, 2017
Very beautiful
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by greatface(m): 11:58am On Nov 11, 2017
jaheymezz:
just that number 10 is stunning.....the rest I don't know
No. 10 And 4 Makes The List For Me. Others I Don't Understand. cheesygrincheesy
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by Taeewo(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Top 10 Strangest Buildings In The World by Deeypeey(m): 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2017
I ll build one of these very soon...watch out fr me guyz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf Demolishes Buildings Approved By Ganduje (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.