Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,776 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:58 AM

Under-rated Artist Home And Abroad - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Under-rated Artist Home And Abroad (641 Views)

Miguel Is Under Rated / Top 10 Under-Rated Rappers In Nigeria / Who Are Nigeria's Most Under-Rated Rappers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Under-rated Artist Home And Abroad by ElRazur: 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2010
I have listened to a few people lately and while I feel they are really good, they probably do not get the recognition they deserve.

WC - I love his sharp lyricism and how he is yet to be make it big past the West Coast is a bit puzzling.

Canibus - He is a lyrical man-god. Anyone who denies this may need to listen to him. I think he is so good that it is his downfall. I.e his style is not commercial enough and may not appeal to big record label. But there is no denying that he is one of the under-rated.

Those are the two playing in my head for now. Do you have any?
Re: Under-rated Artist Home And Abroad by ElRazur: 9:29am On Mar 23, 2010
shocked

Well?
Re: Under-rated Artist Home And Abroad by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 23, 2010
Spectre
Wiley

These guy need to be given a chance to do their things.
Well, maybe they do but not too commercial for radio.
Re: Under-rated Artist Home And Abroad by ElRazur: 10:57am On Mar 23, 2010
UK Wiley?

He's been around since the "More fire crew" days I think. Unless we are talking about different people here. He's had hits here and there and get regular play. I swear his music is more appealing to the "Urban" section of music I think.
Re: Under-rated Artist Home And Abroad by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 23, 2010
Yep.
Uk Wiley.

He's been around for a while and I think he's been slept on way too long.
He's had hits but not blown up like Chipmunk, Tinchy stryder and even dizzee rascal who all went commercial.
Re: Under-rated Artist Home And Abroad by Kratos007(m): 5:30pm On Mar 23, 2010
Immortal Technique. uncrowned king of the underground.
Re: Under-rated Artist Home And Abroad by ElRazur: 6:16pm On Mar 23, 2010
OMO IBO:

Yep.
Uk Wiley.

He's been around for a while and I think he's been slept on way too long.
He's had hits but not blown up like Chipmunk, Tinchy stryder and even dizzee rascal who all went commercial.

I dunno, don't want him to blow up like chipmunk. He will become commercial I think. As it stand, his music have more quality in my opinion than Tinchy, dizee et al.

Kratos007:

Immortal Technique. uncrowned king of the underground.

I agree they are good, but not sure how they are the King of underground. There are just so many cats out there who are as good but I won't call them kings IMO.

(1) (Reply)

Nneka Feat. Nas Heartbeat The Remix / Listen To The Hip Hop Song Considered To Be The Next Big Thing That Will Happen / A Big Thank You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.