Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,998 members, 7,863,590 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

Dry Season Ugu Cultivation - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dry Season Ugu Cultivation (993 Views)

How I Converted A Space In My Compound Into A Dry Season Ugu Farm / My Dry Season Ugu Farm Diary / After 7 Months Of Cultivation, Nigerian Soldier Harvests Her Rice (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dry Season Ugu Cultivation by REUBEN010(m): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
Fluted pumpkin (Ugu) is one of the most widely consumed local vegetable in Nigeria. It is less stressful to cultivate when compared to exotic vegetables. Sadly in order to eliminate drought (moisture stress) risk, most Ugu farmers prefer to produce during the wet season. This leads to a shortfall in supply and an increase in the market price of ugu at dry seasons.
For agroprenuers, this is an opportunity to solve the ugu scarcity challenge while making good fortunes simultaneously. The use of less expensive irrigation will solve the drought challenge. During dry seasons, it has been observed that the market price for ugu increases to at least ×3 of the price obtainable in wet seasons.
Are you ready to tap into this less discovered gold mine by cultivating Ugu this dry season?
We specialize in the following:
1. Sales of good Ugu seeds/pods.
2. Farm setup and design.
3. Business plan and feasibility report preparation.
4. General consultancy.
5. Farm maintenance.

Contact us today on the numbers below

(1) (Reply)

Introducing The Best Organic Fertilizer / How Do You Know The RIGHT Digital Farms To Invest In Nigeria? / Red Oil From Nsukka To Nationwide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.