Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,541 members, 7,955,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:24 PM

Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? (2799 Views)

Songs You Didnt Know OJB Produced / Kelly Hansome – Save OJB / Ojb New Song Am D One Who Searching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by tavarez(f): 5:40pm On Mar 21, 2010
Before any form of attacks please can somebody explain why certain promising EMcees in the early 2000 and late 90s that were affiliated to OJB pointbeats Record Label just dissappear into obscurity, Apart from RUGGEDMAN none of them are in the rap game and not only are they not in the game,we dont know where they are, this thread was inspired by another thread i saw but can u tell me where the following Emcees are

Kage the Grymchyld

K-sho

Six-o

Abounce

Nutty Pin

Mr Nova

Jaffar

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Ojb Drama Feat K-Show
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by ofokaofoki: 7:12pm On Mar 21, 2010
@tavarez
its not easy to rap o, ojb sef as producer no be small thing o,
to get money to shoot videos ,, running a label is not easy o, when they started with ojb the naija industry wasnt this huge, i remember then in the 90s when ojb started the movement in surulere or so, no be small thing to maintain for years o,. i remember black masqueradaz. mc smoke and co, then. that generation was a classic. but ojb tried ,
i guess these rappers are still working hard on the low, maybe one day they will come out smoking hot again.
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by semid4lyfe(m): 7:29pm On Mar 21, 2010
Ofoka, I need your help o. Shey you get that Black Masquerades song that was the soundtrack of the home-video 'Living in Bondage' which starred RMD & Bimbo Akintola?
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by gaskinachi(m): 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2010
@tavarez

u forgot to add 'c-mion' to your list.
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by ofokaofoki: 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Ofoka, I need your help o. Shey you get that Black Masquerades song that was the soundtrack of the home-video 'Living in Bondage' which starred RMD & Bimbo Akintola?

you must be in ur late 30s semilyfe grin grin to remember black masqueradaz , lol
i actually dont have it yet but i have other songs from that era, but i told my friends in Nta to get it for me, they have been telling me tales of they lost their archive , which am not accepting yet. how can NTA lose their music archive ??, can u imagine songs like esse agesse peppersoupe mama and co, he has sent me songs like x-appeal -oya gbesi leti omo washe orishe,
but if i get it thru them , i will remember to give u, and trust me .i dont forget things.
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by slimshay(m): 8:08pm On Mar 21, 2010
C-Mion? He was more like the dude on the hooks. Not exactly a rapper.

Tavarez no be lie you talk oh. But then to blame OJB for the demise of this guys wont exactly be fair. Dont know the whole dynamics but i guess back then if you wanted it you really had to go for it.

I remember Jaffar performing on stage back in school then. That was before he featured on Thy Album Come, after that, peep I know here from the guy again. Tho he wast bad at all. Guess he didnt want it bad.
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by aieromon(m): 8:19pm On Mar 21, 2010
I wouldn't put all the blame on OJB's doorsteps.the guy's also tryin' to hustle his.You don't expect him to feed you if you're not hungry.
2Shotz was hungry and had to move on from da Trybe,same for Sasha and Dr S.I.D.
Let's hope they got other projects in the offing.
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by javalove(m): 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2010
abeg anyone get link to nutty pin video. . .dat one dat had the hook as "we giving props to d hood we come from, just like hiphop we keep living it up, "

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by lalaboi(m): 8:27pm On Mar 21, 2010
he's doing well with Jazzman Olofin grin grin
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by tavarez(f): 8:34pm On Mar 21, 2010
ok True true true, emm Java the song wey u dey talk, ,some Boys of Today no Sabi am but it was such a HARd hip-hop tune and we have not had those calibre of emcees on any track again, the song is called living it up and it is by Nutty Pin and Features Cashino,Mr Nova,Blackface,Modenine,Ruggedman,Basketmouth{ yes the same one} Dr Fresh,Abounce,Jafaar ,Mr Hankuffz and more and had cameos from OJB,Nomoreloss,Mr Kool and co, i get the song but na for VHS i gave it to my boy to convert and hell soon be done with it,and hopefully i go share am

now C-mion sings and he is still very much relevant today

and K-show featured on OJBS 2007 album Jiggas world in a track called Drama and Jafaar too on the album on a joint called Keep pushing and my sources tell me jafaar is working on a classic album thatll shock people.

semid4lyfe:

the song is actually on Out of Bounds soundtrack, i doubt if anyone has it,
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by ofokaofoki: 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2010
you have to want it bad
want it bad is the keyword here, if u want it u would go hard for it, but beleieve me its not easy to remain on top in nigeria .we have close to 1 million rappers and 10million artists and more are still upcoming everyday.
, its not easy i repeat its not easy/.   but ojb tried his best , new people came thru don jazzy . cabasa etc , ko easy rara.

@tavarez
nice one that song is a classic,. i remember seeing the video on tv then if u succeed in converting am , i want am too. oshe o.
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by tavarez(f): 9:00pm On Mar 21, 2010
Kai that song is ILL Mode swallowed them with lines like i can never be a nice rapper cuz im a Bad emcee / i cut your arms out so u can take No jabs at me, even Basketmouth was hard there, very very hard, then Blackface Ripped it,

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Six Foot Plus E don do me
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2010
ofokaofoki:

you must be in your late 30s semilyfe grin grin to remember black masqueradaz , lol
i actually dont have it yet but i have other songs from that era, but i told my friends in Nta to get it for me, they have been telling me tales of they lost their archive , which am not accepting yet. how can NTA lose their music archive ??, can u imagine songs like esse agesse peppersoupe mama and co, he has sent me songs like x-appeal -oya gbesi leti omo washe orishe,
Lol @ late 3O's. . .was actually born in the 80's. Önly remember the söng cos I saw the video of the song not too long ago on AIT's Gbedu and I still recall the scene of how Bimbo Akintola came into the room wrapped in a towel & seduced RMD (one of the classic scenes of Naija home video IMO). . .dem show dat part for the video & na im make me know sey na d sdtrk for the film.
As per NTA losing their music archive, anything is possible afterall our President was lost for over 3 months, lol.
ofokaofoki:

but if i get it thru them , i will remember to give u, and trust me .i dont forget things.
Thanks. . .I'll be expecting.
tavarez:

the song is actually on Out of Bounds soundtrack, i doubt if anyone has it,

Thanks jare. . .you're right. I keep on mixing up those two films.
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by Genuflect(m): 9:49pm On Mar 21, 2010
I can still remember that living it up video vividly. Both the original and remix. Omo, rappers don come and go for Naija o
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2010
javalove:

abeg anyone get link to nutty pin video. . .dat one dat had the hook as "we giving props to d hood we come from, just like hiphop we keep living it up, "

Dude, you sabi 9ja hiphop. . .that song is the largest colloboration of hip-hop artistes/rappers in 9ja EVER. . .Da Trybe sef try sumtin like that with 'oya' but their own no tight reach, for where?, lol. I can still picture Nutty-Pin vividly in da video with his blown afro hair, lol.
tavarez:

Kai that song is ILL Mode swallowed them with lines like i can never be a nice rapper cuz im a Bad emcee / i cut your arms out so u can take No jabs at me, even Basketmouth was hard there, very very hard, then Blackface Ripped it,

I thought I was the only one who noticed the bolded part. The 2nd & 3rd illest verses on that track were Ruggedman and Abounce verses IMO. . .In short, everyone came correct on that track.
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by eldee(m): 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2010
javalove:

I remember the song . . . Nutty Pin is the taller than every Nigerian rapper grin grin

semid4lyfe:

Dude, you sabi 9ja hiphop. . .that song is the largest colloboration of hip-hop artistes/rappers in 9ja EVER. . .

FAIL!!!
The biggest is I no Send You: Tha Suspect ft Wyclef Jean, Mi Fliss, ill Bliss, Eva, Feahong, Kel, Ghetto P, Mo Cheddah, Vector, M.I., Kemistry, Blaise, Eyme, Zee, Othelo, Teeto & OlaDELe.
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by ofokaofoki: 10:55pm On Mar 21, 2010
eldee:

FAIL!!!
The biggest is [b]I no Send You

lol na fight? grin
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by tavarez(f): 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2010
yeah i remeber i just forgot MR ELDEE NA U SABI PASS, but u mised out R cube from str8buttah he was on the joint,
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by semid4lyfe(m): 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2010
eldee:

I remember the song . . . Nutty Pin is the taller than every Nigerian rapper grin grin

FAIL!!!
The biggest is I no Send You: Tha Suspect ft Wyclef Jean, Mi Fliss, ill Bliss, Eva, Feahong, Kel, Ghetto P, Mo Cheddah, Vector, M.I., Kemistry, Blaise, Eyme, Zee, Othelo, Teeto & OlaDELe.

Oops! Silly me. .  .I had all but forgotten that song!
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by eldee(m): 11:22pm On Mar 21, 2010
tavarez:

yeah i remeber i just forgot MR ELDEE NA U SABI PASS, but u mised out R cube from str8buttah he was on the joint,
Sue me cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by tosinaded(m): 12:09am On Mar 22, 2010
Omo see memories, chai. . . . . .
I stil remember the livin it up video,guess i was in js2 or so!
I remember the top of the roof scene!
Damn i need that song o. . .

Back to d topic

lmao,wetin concern ojb? If artiste no fit compete on the game,there little the producer can go!

Most of em were on dmijjy jatt mixtape!

Kshow and six o killed it on track 15 - no contest

ruggedman,jafaar,abounce,2shotz,terry and kb were on track 17

cmion was on track 5,he laced the hook!
Guy jst didnt blow at all,e pain me 4 am i swear! Guy has vocals i swear. . .
Remember his hit single - shake it

heads av come and gone,we still got ruggedman and mode!
Abeg this dudes are veterans. . . .
I esp give it up for ruggedman,rap was neva appreciated and paid 4,til he came up with a revolution!

Thats y peeps would listen to crap instead of real hiphop music!
Too bad only mode and rugged himself cld live the standard!

All dem m.i , saucekid ,ikechukwu, naeto, etc
are lucky to be born now wen rap now sells! Tnx to ruggedman!

Kudo's to all them real heads back then who neva made shi shi 4rm it,cos the likes of kennis were promotn whackness!

#itsnaija
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by tosinaded(m): 12:12am On Mar 22, 2010

Back to d topic

lmao,wetin concern ojb? If artiste no fit compete on the game,there little the producer can go!

I esp give it up for ruggedman,rap was neva appreciated and paid 4,til he came up with a revolution!

Kudo's to all them real heads back then who neva made shi shi 4rm it,cos the likes of kennis were promotn whackness!

#itsnaija
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by abdurrazaq(m): 8:28am On Mar 22, 2010
The last time I saw Jafar was on Da New Live Beats a couple of years ago. He sais that he had to go back to school. Can't just forget his track which he featured Ruggedman - Feel it or something close to that produced by Jos Kenny
The list of the rappers of that era should include B.B - that fat girl (sorry 4 my description) though, I still saw her at a show organised by Tetmosol few years back for ladies in the industry.

@Post! OJB was just like a mentor to the rappers you outlined maybe due to his age, being a producer, and other things but, I don't think he wouldn't have done more than what he did if he's capable. Even OJB himself is not being respected enough as a producer, for someone who was instrumental to most of 2face debut solo album, Shitta Anthem, Shake something, etc

Hoping they all make it back because they really need to harvest where they've sown.

Talking of the LIVING IT UP Song, We are left with just Modenine (who was a nobody during that time), Ruggedman (trying hard to hang on), Basketmouth (as a comedian though). That will always remain a classic in the history of Nigerian Hip Hop
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by tosinaded(m): 8:50am On Mar 22, 2010
abdurrazaq:

We are left with just Modenine (who was a nobody during that time), Ruggedman (trying hard to hang on)

we re left with mode and rugged!
Face the fact. . . .

#itsnaija
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by pheesayor(m): 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2010
tosinaded@:

Back to d topic

#itsnaija

I was about saying you dont the song grin grin grin grin lwkmd, but then your own comment came late, why now, lol

I've been searching for that song too. Blackface made festac proud, he shot his own part at the entrance of festac first gate. I miss the song, everyone was surprised to see basketmouth rap. Emmanuel played the song a lot on mbi.

Those were good days when I was inspired to rap grin grin grin

#It'z Pheesayor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by pheesayor(m): 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2010
abdurrazaq:

The last time I saw Jafar was on Da New Live Beats a couple of years ago. He sais that he had to go back to school. Can't just forget his track which he featured Ruggedman - Feel it or something close to that produced by Jos Kenny
The list of the rappers of that era should include B.B - that fat girl (sorry 4 my description) though, I still saw her at a show organised by Tetmosol few years back for ladies in the industry.

@Post! OJB was just like a mentor to the rappers you outlined maybe due to his age, being a producer, and other things but, I don't think he wouldn't have done more than what he did if he's capable. Even OJB himself is not being respected enough as a producer, for someone who was instrumental to most of 2face debut solo album, Shitta Anthem, Shake something, etc

Hoping they all make it back because they really need to harvest where they've sown.

Talking of  the LIVING IT UP Song, We are left with just Modenine (who was a nobody during that time), Ruggedman (trying hard to hang on), Basketmouth (as a comedian though). That will always remain a classic in the history of Nigerian Hip Hop

I disgree with your view on modenine, he has his first video out, couple of other tracks on radio (schooling ft. rule clean and IX files). His frst video stayed long on the MBI top ten countdown

Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by tosinaded(m): 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2010
Fisayo no dey try me!

#itsnaija
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by pheesayor(m): 12:41pm On Mar 22, 2010
tosinaded@:

Fisayo no dey try me!

#itsnaija

grin grin grin

Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by ofokaofoki: 1:13pm On Mar 22, 2010
[size=18pt]lmao [/size]
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by abdurrazaq(m): 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2010
pheesayor:

I disgree with your view on modenine, he has his first video out, couple of other tracks on radio (schooling ft. rule clean and IX files). His frst video stayed long on the MBI top ten countdown

Saying he was a nobody doesn't mean he doesn't have a video out then, but the major hit for Modenine came when he dropped CRY, that's when he became somebody in the industry either to the 'heads' or 'non-heads'. To those who followed him well would have known before that track but not as enough as they know the likes of Dr. Fresh (now Fresh) on the same joint
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by javalove(m): 7:24pm On Mar 22, 2010
tosinaded@:

Fisayo no dey try me!

#itsnaija

ehhen? wetin u won do am? tin ba yaka gba oju e fun e, waa di modenine fan grin

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Why Can't OJB Sustain Rappers' Careers?? by aieromon(m): 9:43pm On Mar 22, 2010
Hmm,another Mode & Ruggedman thread. . . . .

What's with the crazy signatures these days?

#Eze goes to school
*Yay*
#Now on wackFM

(1) (2) (Reply)

VIDEO: J. Martins – Faro Ft. DJ Arafat / Download Mp3: Dammy Krane – Jolly Good Fellow Ft. 2face Idibia & Rocksteady / Between Olamide And Reminisce – Who Is The Best Indigenous Yoruba Rapper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.