Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Stupidity Isn't Christianity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stupidity Isn't Christianity. (798 Views)

Modern Christianity Isn't Christianity At All Dead Church Series Intro / If This Isn't Happening In Your Church Then Just Know Your Pastor Needs Help / 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stupidity Isn't Christianity. by Henitan24(f): 10:13am On Nov 11, 2017
Some of my friends say I'm not a Christian, that I'm a closet Atheist. Some that are Atheists predict that I'll soon become an Atheist. I fully understand where they are both coming from.

You see, Christianity in Nigeria is synonymous with stupidity. If you have a habit of rationalizing, questioning and examining everything, you possibly cannot truly be a Christian in the Nigerian sense of the word. If you use your God-given intellect, you simply don't have faith. Faith is now unthinking following. Sad, but true.

Most high IQ folks reject and rebel against the brand of Christianity they see around because they don't want to identify with idiocy. You'd be shocked to know that most atheists loved the persona of Jesus since when they were kids. They love how Jesus challenged secular and religious authorities, debated them, outwitted them and logically answered their questions. But Alas, they grew up, became smarter, looked around and see nothing resembling His style. At least not anymore.

Virtually 95% of Atheists grew up in Sunday Schools. But now, they identify as either Skeptics or Atheists because our brand of Christianity embarrasses them. And frankly, it embarrasses Christ too.

People in my own camp are the most unfortunate. We are the ones with the herculean task of proving to the world that you can uphold biblical truths and yet not subscribe to inane ideas. That these biblical truths are not only spiritual but logical in their contexts and defensible simultaneously. This comes at a cost. Both groups (church folks and hard-line atheists) reject people like me.

But it is people like me that represent the Christ both as a Spiritual Messiah and a Persuasive Teacher.

Any so-called Christian who says stuffs like 'miracles are not logical' or that 'faith does not require reason' may feel spiritual but garbed in ignorance. He or she needs a crash course in apologia. Sometimes, a little knowledge causes a liberating ripple.

So, Christianity is not synonymous with stupidity. We just have many stupid people acting as its spokesmen.

#truthissacred
Cc Seun

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stupidity Isn't Christianity. by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 11, 2017
I love this post, well reasoned. Sanity at last.

3 Likes

Re: Stupidity Isn't Christianity. by Tozara(m): 2:54am On Nov 24, 2017
Christianity IS illogical and nonsensical. That's why it is a FAITH. Logic and faith are mutually exclusive. It is an irrational religion that makes zero sense. You can't possibly defend it with logic---it's purpose is to tear it apart.

It's blashphemy on your part to imply that God - whose ways are mysterious, inscrutable and BEYOND REASON AND LOGIC - can be apprehended by logic. It's either one or the other; you can't have both.

Logic REFUTES Christianity, so it has to be thrown out of the window to protect faith. So, yes, yes, yes, Christianity is stupidity.

"Credo quia absurdism - I believe because it is absurd." - Tertullian

Crucifixus est Dei Fillus, non pudet, quia pudendum est;
et mortus est Dei Filius, prorsus credibile est, quia ineptum est;
et sepultus resurrexit, certum est, quia impossible - (De Carne Christi V, 4)

"The son of God was crucified: there is no shame, because it is shameful.
And the son of God died: it is by all means to be believed, because it is absurd.
And, buried, He rose again; it is certain, because impossible."

"Reason is the Devil's whöre" - Martin Luther

2 Likes

Re: Stupidity Isn't Christianity. by budaatum: 3:30am On Nov 24, 2017
Henitan24:
Some of my friends say I'm not a Christian, that I'm a closet Atheist. Some that are Atheists predict that I'll soon become an Atheist. I fully understand where they are both coming from.

You see, Christianity in Nigeria is synonymous with stupidity. If you have a habit of rationalizing, questioning and examining everything, you possibly cannot truly be a Christian in the Nigerian sense of the word. If you use your God-given intellect, you simply don't have faith. Faith is now unthinking following. Sad, but true.

Most high IQ folks reject and rebel against the brand of Christianity they see around because they don't want to identify with idiocy. You'd be shocked to know that most atheists loved the persona of Jesus since when they were kids. They love how Jesus challenged secular and religious authorities, debated them, outwitted them and logically answered their questions. But Alas, they grew up, became smarter, looked around and see nothing resembling His style. At least not anymore.

Virtually 95% of Atheists grew up in Sunday Schools. But now, they identify as either Skeptics or Atheists because our brand of Christianity embarrasses them. And frankly, it embarrasses Christ too.

People in my own camp are the most unfortunate. We are the ones with the herculean task of proving to the world that you can uphold biblical truths and yet not subscribe to inane ideas. That these biblical truths are not only spiritual but logical in their contexts and defensible simultaneously. This comes at a cost. Both groups (church folks and hard-line atheists) reject people like me.

But it is people like me that represent the Christ both as a Spiritual Messiah and a Persuasive Teacher.

Any so-called Christian who says stuffs like 'miracles are not logical' or that 'faith does not require reason' may feel spiritual but garbed in ignorance. He or she needs a crash course in apologia. Sometimes, a little knowledge causes a liberating ripple.

So, Christianity is not synonymous with stupidity. We just have many stupid people acting as its spokesmen.

#truthissacred
Cc Seun
Thank you.
Re: Stupidity Isn't Christianity. by Henitan24(f): 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
budaatum:
Thank you.
you're welcome sir

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Or God - Who Really Is The Ultimate Saviour ? / Watch This Video And Draw Your Conclusion (From 45:56 to 48:26) / Imam Who Converted To Christianity Bares 'islamic Deception' To Fool Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.