Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

I Drank My Urine To Survive – Libya Deportee - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Drank My Urine To Survive – Libya Deportee (619 Views)

London To Lagos Flight Delayed For Hours When Deportee Does The Unthinkable / Deportee Assaults Immigration Officers At Lagos Airport / Young Shall Grow Bus Driver Drank & Smoked Before Accident – Survivor Recounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Drank My Urine To Survive – Libya Deportee by Ebisco015: 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2017
One of the 84 Nigerians who tried to migrate to Europe through Libya but were deported to the country has given account of his ordeal in the desert.

After spending one and a half years in dehumanizing conditions in Libya, the Nigerians were deported.

The Edo State governor, Godwin Obaseki on Tuesday received the deportees at the Government House Benin City.

One of the returnees, 27-year-old Eric Idemudia told Vanguard, “I had to drink my urine to survive in the desert, Nigerians were just dying like chickens everyday on our journey through the desert.

“I buried some of them and others we just threw away their bodies because there was no time to bury them. I can never wish my enemies to go through such horror in a bid to travel outside the country to earn a living.

“I stayed in Libya for one year and six months. My journey started when I met one man called Dickson in Benin who asked me if I was interested in traveling out and I said yes.

“He said he would help me to Italy but I told him I was only interested in going to Austria. When I asked him how much it would cost me, he said N500,000 and I told him I would pay.

“So, I looked for the money and I went to give him at Agbor park after informing my family that I was traveling outside the country. When I got to Dickson, I discovered that we were five boys and nine girls

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2017/11/i-drank-my-urine-to-survive-libya.html

Re: I Drank My Urine To Survive – Libya Deportee by midehi2(f): 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2017
Na so, and more are still going
Re: I Drank My Urine To Survive – Libya Deportee by nNEOo(m): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2017
op chill ....you didn't drink water for 30days and 40nights where your body come squeeze out the urine way you drink ,,,,,,,,,,,........,,,,,,,,,

op wake up Jubril is still the president grin
Re: I Drank My Urine To Survive – Libya Deportee by GloriaNinja(f): 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
undecided THIS IS AS A RESULT OF THE BAD CONDITION OF THIS COUNTRY.
Re: I Drank My Urine To Survive – Libya Deportee by nNEOo(m): 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided THIS IS AS A RESULT OF THE BAD CONDITION OF THIS COUNTRY.

there is noting wrong with this country in fact I make bold to say this country is unlucky to have us occupy it landmass
Re: I Drank My Urine To Survive – Libya Deportee by Contumely: 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
how come?
Re: I Drank My Urine To Survive – Libya Deportee by Lexusgs430: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
Our government simply does not care ...... They are too many of us in Nigeria at the moment .......
Re: I Drank My Urine To Survive – Libya Deportee by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 11, 2017
nNEOo:

there is noting wrong with this country in fact I make bold to say this country is unlucky to have us occupy it landmass

Lol. Funny dude.
Re: I Drank My Urine To Survive – Libya Deportee by seunny4lif(m): 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
Thats not new jooor
That road is even easy now unlike 2006

(1) (Reply)

Virgin Atlantic Airways Reveals Ambitious Plans For Nigerian Market / Italian Embassy Detects 1,185 Nigerian Applicants With Fake Visas / Needing To Start All Over Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.