Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,920 members, 7,848,717 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:15 AM

Flow In Pipe - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Flow In Pipe (728 Views)

Certified Fillet, Plate And Pipe Welders! / Does Anyone Know Pdms? (oil And Gas Pipe Design Software) / Free Oil And Gas Training(pipe Design And Stress Analysis) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Flow In Pipe by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 21, 2010
HELLO NAIRALANDERS,

I AM A POSTGRADUATE STUDENTN HERE IN NAIJA. I AM DESIGNING A MACHINE AND I WILL NEED A WELL PUMP TO TRANSFER WATER TO THE MACHINE AT A DISTANCE OF ABOUT 6M. I NEED INPUTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO CALCULATE THE POWER OF THE WELL PUMP TO USE. I HAVE TRIED BERNOULLI'S EQUATIONS. I NEED INPUTS PLEASE. GUYS.
Re: Flow In Pipe by DanG1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2010
tdenen:

HELLO NAIRALANDERS,

I AM A POSTGRADUATE STUDENTN HERE IN NAIJA. I AM DESIGNING A MACHINE AND I WILL NEED A WELL PUMP TO TRANSFER WATER TO THE MACHINE AT A DISTANCE OF ABOUT 6M. I NEED INPUTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO CALCULATE THE POWER OF THE WELL PUMP TO USE. I HAVE TRIED BERNOULLI'S EQUATIONS. I NEED INPUTS PLEASE. GUYS.

The distance is it from the pump (down in the well) to the machine (somewhere above ground level)?

You also need the following information:
The diameter of pipe you want to use for the water transportation
The total volume of the machine (water needed to fill it up)
The rate at which you want the machine to be filled up, putting into consideration the water delivery pressure)
Re: Flow In Pipe by pekmide(m): 10:50pm On Mar 25, 2010
Use a hydraulic calculator to model and calculate the system ,

Try : TSHC - The Simple Hydraulic Calculator or Pipe Flow Expert: All this software are free for downloads, just google them.

(1) (Reply)

Universities That Handle Econometrics / If U Can Start Schooling Over Again,will U Change Ur Course??? / Leaveraging Network Marketing In Oil & Gas Business And Earn $3000/m Or More.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.