Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo (34022 Views)

Nobody Should Take Mohbad's Body Without My Permission — Father (Video) / Sir Victor Uwaifo Is Dead / Vandora: Before My Boyfriend Has Sex With Me, He Must Get My Permission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 11, 2017

Nigerian veteran singer and former Commissioner for Arts and Culture in Edo state, Sir Victor Uwaifo has accused Simi of allegedly remixing his song ‘Joromi’ without due credit and permission.

The veteran in an interview with Vanguard said that he will not be dragging the singer Simi and composer, Jaywon to court for this, however he wished they had sought his consent before allegedly remixing the song.

“They didn’t contact me before doing a remix of Joromi but I’m like a father to them so I can’t begin to drag them to court, so let them make a living out of it, but at the same time it’s piracy. I’ve heard it too many times on different occasions. It shows the quality of the music that has come a long way. As far as I’m concerned, I’ve lived five lives (from one generation to the other), so if they want to appreciate and still appreciate me, it shows the quality of the music. It’s one thing to be an artiste and it’s another thing to stay on the scene for a long time; so I will not discourage artistes trying to remix or do another rendition of Joromi, but rather encourage them to give credit to the composer if they do.”

https://www.okay.ng/simi-jaywon-remixed-joromi-without-my-permission-sir-victor-uwaifo/

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by UbanmeUdie: 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2017
shocked

The blackface virus is becoming highly contagious.

Unlike blackface, Sir Victor Uwaifo is an epitome of a father and a jolly good fellow.

No hate but love and a fatherly advice for Simi and others who may wish to remix people's songs.

Sir Victor Uwaifo, a true living legend!!!

268 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Tolexander: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
Baba, your "Joromi" and Simi's "Joromi" are two different songs and genres. Though of the same title.

199 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2017
When did Simi remix your own version of "Joromi".
The title of your song was similar but the content was different.

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
When did Simi remix your own version of "Joromi".
The title of your song was similar but the content was different.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by emeijeh(m): 11:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
The old man is not thinking straight again o. grin

#joromi1960

14 Likes

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Ishilove: 6:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
This man is truly a living legend. He probably doesn't want to drag issues with people young enough to be his grandchildren, but notwithstanding, these young thieves need to understand that piracy is a very serious offense.

Simi, take note

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Ericaikince(m): 6:57pm On Nov 26, 2017
grin
Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by 2O17: 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by 1nigeriamyfoot: 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by money121(m): 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
Oya No vex tongue

4 Likes

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Dollarship(m): 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ok
Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by KendrickAyomide: 6:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
.This old man should be happy people are trying to revive his small legacy

2 Likes

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Archmed(m): 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Thanks baba for acknowledging that the remix was done out of goodwill even though they erred.
Hallmark of a true legend!

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ishilove:
This man is truly a living legend. He probably doesn't want to drag issues with people young enough to be his grandchildren, but notwithstanding, these young thieves need to understand that piracy is a very serious offense.

Simi, take note
Simi and Jaywon did not remix Sir Victor Uwaifor's song, that their songs bear the same title with his song does not mean stealing. Except the song title, Simi's Joromi is completely different from Uwaifor's Joromi.

And as much as I know, there is no where in law where a song title can be copyrighted.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Legendary Afro Act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by emeijeh(m): 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by GreatDreams: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
Even in his death he should still be acknowledged, piracy is piracy, you can't plagiarize a paragraph and not face the consequences.....Simi, over to you

2 Likes

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by 88natzy(m): 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
cryPlagiarism can be broadly defined as the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work.

Take them to court though !!

8 Likes

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by miqos03: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
just #JAILWON

5 Likes

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by coldsummer: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
The song has no semblance to yours.

Free the young lady.

Juromi could be used by anyone.

You didn't patent it.

22 Likes

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by asumo12: 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Sue dem sir
Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Baba park well abeg, was it because they used the same title of there song as yours? The lyrics, the concept, style are totaly different from yours. That of simi is just exceptional.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by JVgal(f): 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
I don't see how the two songs are the same

6 Likes

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by imami00: 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Nice one sir
Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Buharimustgo: 7:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ishilove:

Simi, take note

I am not sure they know,surprisingly some people above are supporting him

8 Likes

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by slapandfall(m): 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
We all know Sir V Uwaifoh is a living legend and what he said is not out of place.

Whether you ADOPT or ADAPT, you should always reference.

Possibly what Simi could do is to calmly engage Sir V Uwaifoh and respectfully let him know she didn't think of it that way and simply say I'm sorry sir.

I think she will get his prayers and respect forever.

Its not about who is right now, its about respect and humility

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by Lexusgs430: 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
Joromi is a name....... Can't they sing with a name again?
Or is he claiming sole right to the name, Joromi?

15 Likes

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by xreal: 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
Dem dey job the old man all this while?

How e take resemble sef?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by lazygal: 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
Nigerian musicians are fond of this rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Simi, Jaywon Remixed ‘joromi’ Without My Permission – Sir Victor Uwaifo by blackwood(m): 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2017
Simi did not remix his song at all, song title might be the same but both songs are different.

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Charly Boy Poses With His Grand Daughter, After Workout (Photos) / “Davido Ignored Me” - Cynthia Morgan Reveals / Williams Uchemba Sent Back To Driving School For Driving Above Speed Limit In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.