Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall (1106 Views)

ABSU Lecturer Proposes To Student In Lecture Hall On Valentine's Day / Students Packed Together Like Sardines In A Lecture Hall(pictures) / University Of Abuja Lecture Hall Overcrowded, No Social Distancing, No Facemasks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
1. Too lazy to read full article? The chrome extension TLDR will give you quick summaries of long article online.
2. Studying for an Important test? Google "site:edu [subject] exam" you'll get bunch of different college exam with similar problems to what may be on your test.
3. When taking an exam, try and sit as close to the professor as possible. you'll pick up all the answers to questions other students come up to ask.
4. To convert celcius to fahrenheit, double the celcius number and add 28.
5. When delivering a speech, print it and change the text colour every four lines. It will make it 10 times easier to keep your place when reading it.
6. Studying hard for 30-50 minutes at a time with 10 minutes break in between is the most effective way to study.
7. After writing a paper, copy and paste it on to google translate and listen to it to find mistakes.
8. Forget your computer password? Boot up in safe mode, log in as administrator and then change your password.
more still loading......
Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
9. If you're up late doing homework, listen to Hans Zimmer Pandora. Music has no distracting lyrics, and the score are intended to motivate.
10. Stumed on a paper/assignment? Go for a walk . There is a high correlation between up to a 60% increase.
11. Need to remember to take something with you when you leave the house in the morning? Put it in your shoes so you can't leave without it.
12. If your printer is out of black ink, highlight everything and change the text to dark blue, and print again. It looks close to identical.
13. If you download a "PDF" file and you see it ends in ".exe" delete it. it's a virus.
14. You're more likely to remember something that you wrote in blue ink than in black ink!
15. To study faster, read the first and last paragraph of the reading and skim through the middle. it's just as effective as reading everything.
16. Peppermit stimulate the brain and helps with concentration.
more still loading...
Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2017
17. While studying for a certain subject, pretend that you will have to teach the material. It helps you pay more attention.
18. You're 50% more likely to remember something if you speak it out instead of simply reading it over and over.
19. Never send your resume to someone as a word document(unless asked). Send it as a PDF file, it's much more cleaner and professional looking.
20. Want to get good grades? Make intelligent students your friend. You'll learn more from them than the professors.
21. Study your note(s) within one day of taking them, retention rates are 60% higher then.
>Few More To Go.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
22. Use wordhippo*com To Find Words That You Can't Think Of, But Can Describe.
23. Rainymood*com is a website that makes it sound like it's raining outside. It's amazing if you need to concentrate on studying.
24. Worried about bombing a job interview? on ThePMginterview*com you can practice a real life job interview with commonly asked questions.
25. Want to learn how to speed read? Speeder*com is a free website designed to improve your reading speed and comprehension.
26. Stop using google*com to search information for college Essays, use scholar*google*com instead. You Will Find More Relevant Informations Right Away.
27. The Best Time To Study:4am-6am(Brain Function 100%):6am-7:30am(brain function 50%)>> night time brain function: 20%
Was It Helpful?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
Amazing... Love this

*Mira_Okocha*
Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by Aminu212: 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
Wow thanks op.
lemme book space
Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by MariaDPettiford: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2017
Definitely nice tips. I approve the idea that when you get stuck at your essay, research paper, whatever you are given to write, going for a walk may really refresh your mind for new ideas, or I simply read something on that topic like this https://collegepapers.co.uk/blog/research-paper, such short guides may also help to generate some new ideas.
Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by emmansxky(m): 8:40pm On Nov 13, 2017
Good
Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2017
Pridestorm:
1. Too lazy to read full article? The chrome extension TLDR will give you quick summaries of long article online.
2. Studying for an Important test? Google "site:edu [subject] exam" you'll get bunch of different college exam with similar problems to what may be on your test.
3. When taking an exam, try and sit as close to the professor as possible. you'll pick up all the answers to questions other students come up to ask.
4. To convert celcius to fahrenheit, double the celcius number and add 28.
5. When delivering a speech, print it and change the text colour every four lines.
5°C = 41°F not (5+5+28) 38°F

Am I missing something?
Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2017
Optimist1998:
5°C = 41°F not (5+5+28) 38°F

Am I missing something?
sorry I Made a mistake.... is 32 not 28... you can use it for personal assumption, and
there's always a difference of 1 or 0 points
Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 14, 2017
Pridestorm:
sorry I Made a mistake.... is 32 not 28... you can use it for personal assumption, and
That's better.
Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by LaiveNg: 6:39am On Nov 14, 2017
Pridestorm:
I think this is wrong... To convert from Celcius to Fahrenheit, just multiply the given value by 180 and divide by 100. Finally add 32 to the answer you get... Easy right? So, converting 5 degree Centigrade to Fahrenheit gives:
(5 x 180) / 100 = 9
Now, add 32 to the answer:
9 + 32 = 41 Degree Fahrenheit
Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 14, 2017
LaiveNg:

I think this is wrong... To convert from Celcius to Fahrenheit, just multiply the given value by 180 and divide by 100. Finally add 32 to the answer you get... Easy right? So, converting 5 degree Centigrade to Fahrenheit gives:
(5 x 180) / 100 = 9
Now, add 32 to the answer:
9 + 32 = 41 Degree Fahrenheit
I know!
But the method that is been introduced is for quick analysis.... the only difference is 1 or 0 point(s).....

1 Like

Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by LaiveNg: 6:33pm On Nov 14, 2017
Pridestorm:
I know!
But the method that is been introduced is for quick analysis.... the only difference is 1 or 0 point(s).....
I disagree bro... Try 72 degree celcius. Nice tips though.
Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2017
LaiveNg:

I disagree bro... Try 72 degree celcius. Nice tips though.
You're absolutely right bro .!
I guess i made a mistake when I was trying to create a formula for that....anyway, Thanks for the correction!

1 Like

Re: 27 Coll./uni. Life Hacks You Won't Acquire In A Lecture Hall by LaiveNg: 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2017
Pridestorm:
You're absolutely right bro .!
I guess i made a mistake when I was trying to create a formula for that....anyway, Thanks for the correction!
You're welcome bro... We all are learning new things every single day.

(1) (Reply)

Sport And Youth Development: Nigeria Experience / Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Programmes 2019/2020 / Auchi Poly Releases Adjusted Academic Calendar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.