Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

The Most Underused Major Feature Of Whatsapp And Co. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Most Underused Major Feature Of Whatsapp And Co. (558 Views)

Facebook, Whatsapp And Instagram Are Down Worldwide / Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It / Why Are Most Nigerians Not Using The Face Unlock Feature Of Their Smartphones ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Most Underused Major Feature Of Whatsapp And Co. by EazyMoh(m): 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
It baffles me how I see people on the phone (a smartphone for that matter) trying to give directions to their location. It's a shame even people that study Geography mostly don't care to use Maps on their smartphones.
I remember sometimes last year I was in Abuja, my nephew (a graduate) saw me open Map on my phone. I was shocked when he said "You dey use phone map for Abuja, you go lost o!"
Anyway on this thread am only interested in showing/reminding us how to give someone your location to find you easily instead of wasting time, airtime and energy giving directions on the phone.
It is as easy as sharing a picture in Whatsapp or most messaging Apps.
Simply choose Location from the Attachments Menu. Select Send my Location or choose from a list of saved locations from your Map.
The recipient will receive location which upon clicking opens with the default Map App. From there you just click drive here and the App will calculate a route for you.
There you have it!
Every feature of our modern devices are designed to make life easier for us, and its not economically wise to spend money on something you don't use.
Cheers!

Re: The Most Underused Major Feature Of Whatsapp And Co. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
What if my location isn't in the map?
Re: The Most Underused Major Feature Of Whatsapp And Co. by EazyMoh(m): 5:48pm On Nov 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:
What if my location isn't in the map?
Lol! do you mean if the street isn't recorded on the Map, well in that case the map location uses your coordinates (Latitude and longitude) to the last 0.1 minute. So even if you are in the middle of the forest the phone is gonna take you there.

(1) (Reply)

Android Phones Has Secretly Been Sending Your Location To Google / The Energizer® POWER MAX P16K Pro To Come With 16,000mah Battery / Seen The Upcoming Wiko Smartphone?? Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.