Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 13/11/17 Go To Perfection - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 13/11/17 Go To Perfection (238 Views)

Matthew 13:11 Luke 8:10 Is The True God Partial? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/11/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/11/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 13/11/17 Go To Perfection by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 13, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Monday, November 13, 2017

*Topic:* GO TO PERFECTION
*Read:* Hebrews 6:1-5

*MEMORISE:* _Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,_ *(Hebrews 6:1)*

*EXPOSITION*
In weightlifting, there are different categories. Likewise, there are various classification of boxers. There are heavy, light and feather weight boxers, etc. This is a replica of what Christianity is. It is a curse for a baby to remain a baby, after 10 years of existence. Growth is essential for all living things. It is one of major characteristics of living organisms. The number of Christians who never graduated from the stage of becoming saved is much today. They are Christians, but they remain babies (immature). When the writer of Hebrews commands the believer to go away from Christ's elementary doctrines and move to perfection (Maturity), he is just telling them to live healthy spiritual life and attain the spiritual stature of God. God is perfect, holy, righteous, merciful and kind. He is self-sufficient, in all His ways. God and everyone expected that a believer would have known how to walk with God, in holiness and righteousness, as the journey proceeds. When that is not happening, heaven is disappointed and many people would be embarrassed. Growth can't be achieved without a deep walk in the spirit i.e being led or controlled by the Holy Spirit. Walking in the spirit simply means abandoning the activities of the flesh (sinful nature) *(Galatians 5:19)* and living in, and for Christ alone. At that point, the believer is already fulfilling John 15 mandate of Abiding in Christ. Just as a renowned father in the Lord, puts it that, there are four different categories of believers when he talks on level of spiritual maturity: The give me level, The Use me level, The Make me level and The Search me level, Christian maturity involves going and growing Which level are you? You can't stop, until you reach perfection.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Lord, draw me closer and nearer to You I don't want to be far apart any longer.
*2.* Lord, help believers to always crave for the spiritual milk that will enhance their continuous development
*3.* Lord, destroy every spirit of passivity, casualness, lukewarmness, coldness and indifference bedevilling Christianity in this era.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Proverbs 22 - 25

(1) (Reply)

Nlr-usa, Ca Nicholas Ehenembe Testimony / The Generations / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.