Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

HOW TO CREATE AN ATTRACTIVE WORDPRESS BLOG FROM SCRATCH IN ONE HOUR. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / HOW TO CREATE AN ATTRACTIVE WORDPRESS BLOG FROM SCRATCH IN ONE HOUR. (570 Views)

Move Your Blog From Blogger To Wordpress For You Without Any SEO Effect. / Tutorial: How To Create An Attractive Blog With Blogger From Scratch In 1 Hour / Get A Wordpress Website Today For Your Business At An Attractive Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HOW TO CREATE AN ATTRACTIVE WORDPRESS BLOG FROM SCRATCH IN ONE HOUR. by onosbaba3310: 10:24am On Nov 13, 2017
[img]https://3.bp..com/-NAdajtSkvIA/Wgip6DFRESI/AAAAAAAAASY/5IazZQ5mUtkTGNBl6nMPojAr714TX2QdwCLcBGAs/s320/WordPress_blue_logo.svg.png[/img]
Good day ladies and gentlemen, today I will be teaching you guys how to design a blog from scratch with wordpress, after my previous tutorials on designing a blog from scratch with blogger, I got a lot of request from people asking to do a tutorial on wordpress too. If you missed my first tutorials on blogger you can read it here:TUTORIAL: HOW TO CREATE AN ATTRACTIVE BLOG WITH BLOGGER FROM SCRATCH IN 1 HOUR
However unlike blogger, creating and running a blog on wordpress is somehow expensive, for the fact that it is self hosted means that you are definitely going to be spending a few bucks on hosting and domain, but don’t worry, am going to make sure you don’t spend much, but before we kick off, lets take a look at what wordpress is all about, the features, advantages and the disadvantages as well.

WHAT IS WORDPRESS?

Wordpress is a free open source content management system(CMS) based on PHP and MySQL, it Is the most popular and leading blogging software in the world, powering a total of about 60million blogs, as at 2017. the software which was released in may 27, 2003 is maintained and managed by the wordpress foundation.
ADVANTAGES OF USING WORDPRESS

Most times, people like comparing wordpress and blogger, though there are many posts about that, so I won’t waste my time talking about it, but like I said earlier wordpress is self hosted,meaning that you are in full control of what happens to your blog,you can’t compare it to a blog, where you are not in full control, and can possibly get banned like the case of blogger, remember your blogger blog is managed and hosted by google, so you don’t have full control over it, in facts a lot of famous bloggers using the platform like linda ikeji and ogbongeblog,has gotten their blogs suspended some time ago, so using wordpress comes with a lot of benefits and freedom, here are some of the advantages of wordpress.

1.WORDPRESS IS SIMPLE AND EASY TO LEARN: yeah, wordpress is easy too though not as easy as blogger, but not that hard, the admin dashboard is very easy and self explanatory, however there are lot of websites online offering wordpress tutorials, also wordpress has millions of users already and just like you, a lot of people are still planning to use it, so the large community of wordpress users make it easy for a beginner to learn and master it in just couple of weeks, yeah just a couple of weeks.

2.IT IS VERY EASY TO CUSTOMIZE AND RICH IN FEATURES: one of the major backbone of wordpress, is that it is very easy to customize and extend it’s features, with the uses of themes and plugins, unlike blogger where there are few widgets available online, wordpress has a lot of plugin online to give your blog the kind of look you want, and also perform the kind of work you want, for instance you want to add an online store to your blog, where you can sell your ebooks or goods, you can do this by adding the wo-commerce plugin to your blog, this will add an online store to your blog and manage it for you without stress. Yes it is that simple, no matter the feature you want to add to your blog, however you can also create your own plugin,by yourself. Just like the plugin issues there are also thousands of themes available, which can give your blog the look and feel you want. However there are lots of benefits you enjoy when blogging with wordpress,I don’t want to make this tutorials too long, so will stop here, so lets quickly check out the disadvantages of using wordpress.

THE DISAVANTAGES OF USING WORDPRESS

1. Modifications and enhancements: though there are thousand of plugins available to give you, what you want, however if you want to enhance it to your taste and maybe the feature you are looking for is not available, you will need to create a personal plugin and before you can create a plugin in wordpress, you must be good with php, else it is gonna be hell on earth.

2. EXPENSIVE TO RUN: like I said before, wordpress is quilt expensive, you have to purchase a web hosting service and domain name before you can even install it, and most of the themes and plugins available are expensive, ranging from $20 to $300 or there about.

However no matter how expensive it is, if you really want a mature and better blog I will advise you go for it, and more over you can make your money back in less than a month with the help of this tutorial; HOW TO EARN UP T $5000 MONTHLY FROM YOUR BLOG, SECRET TIPS FOR ALL BLOGGERS!
So now that we are true with the advantages and disadvantages lets take a lot at what you need for this tutorial.
RQURIRMENTS

For this tutorials, all you just need is just a web host plan and domain name, I know you will be like, I don’t have that money yet, relax I have got great news for you, well you can actually get a cheap wordpress host service and a free domain, for just 6000 naira for one year,with web4africa, however there are many plans on their website, I will advise you go for the 6000 naira plan for the now, though you can upgrade to any plan you want at any time. I have used their services before and have used it to host some of my clients blog and it has been great and there has been no complains so far. The good news is you will even enjoy some discounts if register through onostech. You can register here WEB4AFRICA

Okay I will assume you have your web hosting plan and domain ready, now lets get started.

Step1: installing wordpress
there are many ways to install wordpress into your web host, but for this tutorial we are going to be using web4africa hosting so we are going to use Softaculous. Other hosting service might not have this script. So to install wordpress you have to login to your cpanel on your web4africa account. To login to cpanel, go to web4africa.net, go to the client area, click on service, then click on the domain you just purchase and click on the cpanl menu. Your cpanel should look like this by now.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-wxqgxLwQtHM/WgiqKCV5aZI/AAAAAAAAASc/lbinGEyU4O0MVBgvd1zhsNTVzCBlPcldgCLcBGAs/s320/cp2.png[/img]

Ok now scroll down to button of the page where you will find softaculous app installer. Just like this picture below.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-o9UpYOiPNXo/WgiqTKu60TI/AAAAAAAAAS0/wdMBmh6Z3oAx68xQOPC7cNsMjzQlxISywCEwYBhgL/s320/cpnal3.png[/img]

In the above picture, under the softacolous installer,there are many self hosted scripts there, like, smf, joomla, wordpress, etc, but we are not interested in all those ones, now click on the wordpress icon and it will take you to the installation page which looks like this.

[img]https://3.bp..com/-uuUGDD3Jtwo/WgiqYPuZ0CI/AAAAAAAAAS0/_Rclwx-x6osaonoZ5EWYZbXtUnWkEceqQCEwYBhgL/s320/wo1.png[/img]

Click on the install now to run your installation. And you will be redirected to a page that looks like this.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-31pMjck1Whs/WgiqZOQrxxI/AAAAAAAAAS0/Dk_BM07GE9km6rlblm0ffumd6xHiubBegCEwYBhgL/s320/wo2.png[/img]

here, the form is quit self explanatory, there two types of forms there, we have the software setup at the top and site settings below, in the software set up area, just leave everything as it was before except for “In Directory” column, make sure you clean what so ever you meet there, while under the site settings, choose your admin name, email and password, remember to keep this password safe, as that is your password as the admin of the site, when you are through, scroll down to the button of the page and click on install. If you have filled everything correctly, wait for the progress bar to complete it’s reading, yap that’s all, congratulations, you have just created your first wordpress blog. Now type your blog name on your address bar, you will see the blog looking exactly like this,

[img]https://4.bp..com/-1LGyTape-Wo/WgiqZRQJA4I/AAAAAAAAAS0/H8dFK4M39qshch__Bgts-oPXWJqPNdFRQCEwYBhgL/s320/wo3.png[/img]
Yeah pretty simple huh? The site is almost blank, except for the normal wordpress texts, now to login to your admin dashboard or post, type admin to your web address, for instance the name of my blog is www.onosmedia.com.g now if I want to login to the admin panel, all I just have to do is to type www.onosmedia.com.ng/admin, and it will redirect you to a login page, now type in the email address and and password you used while running the installation, and you will be redirected to wordpress dashboard, just like this,

[img]https://1.bp..com/-yDd6X_gcbdc/WgiqU3lfQ_I/AAAAAAAAAS0/RSZZEfCTqoYyB126ML5h05vFPE7u4FY8QCEwYBhgL/s320/dasbord.png[/img]
everything here is self explanatory, we have the post menu, themes, settings etc, to make your first post, just click on the post menu, type your post and clicked on the publish button and that’s all, so we have come to the end of this tutorial, if you have any question, suggestion, or complaints you can please drop it at the comment section, thanks for reading and have a nice day.
However if you have problem running the installations you can contact me for help or if you want me to create a customized site for you at a cheaper rate you can let me know too.

FOR MORE WORDPRESS BLOG CUSTOMIZATION TUTORIALS VISIT https://onostechblog..com.ng/2017/11/how-to-create-wordpress-blog-from.html

HeWrites,
Ayo4251,
ustavo,
Maryclaire1,
lalasticala

2 Likes

Re: HOW TO CREATE AN ATTRACTIVE WORDPRESS BLOG FROM SCRATCH IN ONE HOUR. by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 13, 2017
For professional and Cheap website design,Mobile App development and Digital Marketing Starting from 50k
Contact MykDigital:
Email:mykdigital@outlook.com
Phone:08088362280

Re: HOW TO CREATE AN ATTRACTIVE WORDPRESS BLOG FROM SCRATCH IN ONE HOUR. by HeWrites(m): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2017
onosbaba3310 thanks for the mention... Like you know I need it

Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: HOW TO CREATE AN ATTRACTIVE WORDPRESS BLOG FROM SCRATCH IN ONE HOUR. by onosbaba3310: 10:55am On Nov 13, 2017
HeWrites:
onosbaba3310 thanks for the mention... Like you know I need it

Lalasticlala Mynd44

lol,no p bro
Re: HOW TO CREATE AN ATTRACTIVE WORDPRESS BLOG FROM SCRATCH IN ONE HOUR. by Maryclaire1(f): 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2017
Thanks for the mention and enlightening us on this I appreciate.
Re: HOW TO CREATE AN ATTRACTIVE WORDPRESS BLOG FROM SCRATCH IN ONE HOUR. by Ignyte(m): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
I don't mean to distract you OP. If you're not showing them front end then what's the point? Backend anybody can achieve the same results, but front end... That's where creativity comes in. Carry on sha. If wahala dey sef, we can assist you
Re: HOW TO CREATE AN ATTRACTIVE WORDPRESS BLOG FROM SCRATCH IN ONE HOUR. by Dmayor7(m): 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2017
THE ULTIMATE WORDPRES TUTORIAL YOU ONLY NEED

Imagine you just created your own business website or blog from scratch without the help of a web designer.

Surely, you are going to feel like a genius. You can even do it for your friends and their friends and collect good money from them too.

That is what this FREE Ultimate Guide to web designing can do for you and more.

Click here www.w3programs.com now and see how easily you can create your own website successfully in the next 20 minutes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Two Active Facebook Account / / Get A Mobile App For Your Blog With Lot Of Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.