Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,440 members, 7,864,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:04 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Own. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Own. (362 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Jose Pisero This Way? / Why Do Nigerians Dislike Genort Rohr / 10 Players Who Hate Cristiano Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Own. by Haryorbammmy(m): 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2017
I have followed closely how awards are being given for Sportmanship in Africa and i must confess it hasnt been smooth sailing for Nigerian Sportmen. And this drew my attention to some problems Nigeria as a whole faces on a normal basis. An average Nigerian is unpatriotic and always think of only himself. The division caused by the colonialist themselves are still prevalent and it is showing in our sport sector too.
The last time a Nigerian won the BBC African footballer of the Year was in 2002 when Jay Jay was given the award. I'm not here to say we 've had individuals who 're worth it but in Africa generally, we 've not had people as dominant as Leo Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo or even Eden Hazard on the world stage.
I have noticed that in Nigeria, we prefer to go for imported than our own and i will like to draw the attention of us all to the BBC African Footballer of the Year Nominee Victor Moses of the Year. I also noticed people are not even interested in voting for him while some prefer to give their vote for the other nominees.
Sincerely speaking, it is a matter of choice on who and who not to vote for but I want you all to know that other countries are ready to vote for their very own without taking into consideration their clubside.
Let's not forget something as Nigerians, It is always Nigeria against the other African countries because they see us as threats due to our population. They will never waste their votes for an outsider.
Nigerians pls let's patronize ours too, let's vote for our own. Grow Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal 2-0 Tottenham: Gunners Rise To The Occasion In North London Derby / Barca Board & Coaches Split Over Bid For Arsenal's Ozil / Need To Understand How Lovers Of Football Analyze A Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.