Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) (45103 Views)

Can Converting My Car To Carburetor Get My Car Out Of Limp Mode / URGENT! My 2003 Accord Transmission Just Stalled. / I Need To Retrieve Radio Unlock Code For My 2003 Acura Tl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by webmaster3: 2:01pm On Mar 22, 2010
Hello all techies, my 2003 honda accord cannot exceed 3000rpm, while speeding it would jerk at 3000rpm and will not make the car exceed that mark. When put in Park(P) or neutral(N) and you revv the engine it still wont exceed the 3000rpm.

Please note that the car idles fine and moves perfectly except getting close to 3000rpm which forces the car not to exceed that mark.

Checked for Map sensor but it still doesnt exceed 3000rpm. The little research that i have done indicates that a code has caused the engine to protect itself thereby not exceeding 3000rpm (limp mode).

I decided to scan the car and this is what am getting.

P2649 Vtec solenoid valve circuit high voltage 2003 honda accord.
P0135 Primary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Primary HO2S) (Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction.
P0141 Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S) (Sensor 2) Heater Circuit Malfunction.

I dont think it could be the o2 sensor cause i've had that fault triggered for a long while and it never stoppped the car from exceeding 3000rpm. However this is the first time i'm getting P2649, where can i get this sensor or where is the soleniod located. Need to see if this is what is stopping the car from not exceeding 3000rpm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by webmaster3: 3:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
Any techie out there
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by sultaan(m): 4:09pm On Mar 22, 2010
I can see you've been searching for solution online, but how long have you had the car.
Has anyone worked on it?
   Take another look at your throttle body/air filter/duct.
Engine power comes from air/fuel burn, if you getting enough fuel but less air.

O2 sensors go crazy, engine retards not to add too uch fuel.

Check connections, and reset.

Fyi, I am not a techie
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by webmaster3: 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2010
I've had the car for a year and this is the first time i would ever experience this issue. Cleaned the throttle during the weekend but same result.
Also got a mechaninc to remove the silencer and check if the issue is from silencer but i got same result.
I'm really running out of ideas
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by Jucol(m): 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2010
This your solution:

1.Park the car for now.
2. Order a Haynes repair manual for your car from the internet or let someone buy and send to you direct from abroad.You may think this is expensive. But you will spend more money and time on those mechanics doing trial and error and hence complicating your problems.
3. You have to specify the exact model and engine type. not " 2003 Honda accord" wink
4. The manual will help tell YOU the problem and how you can fix it yourself IF POSSIBLE.
5. Sit back and enjoy your car.

check ebay.co.uk, amason.com etc

someone bought here:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?categoryDisplayName=Drivetrain&fromType=parts&fromString=search&parentId=12-0&currentPage=1&filterByKeyWord=haynes+manual&isSearchByPartNumber=false&navValue=11200108&categoryNValue=11299999&fromWhere=&itemId=108-0&displayName=Manual+-+Vehicle+Maintenance&searchText=haynes+manual

Good luck
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by webmaster3: 5:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
Found out yesterday that i have a broken sensor connector to my vtec solenoid, really wonder how it broke and i guess thats why am getting P2649.
Called my mechanic to get a spare and get it changed to see if it moves out of limp mode. Will give feedback by tommorrow when its fixed.
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 23, 2010
Check this out you'all. grin
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by sultaan(m): 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2010
That is why you should check all connection, just incase a mechanic had pulled something just prior
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by webmaster3: 8:17am On Mar 25, 2010
Replaced faulty broken vtec solenoid with a new one and made connection to its sensors and it jumped out of limp mode. Car is now working very fine and smooth. Thank you all for your suggestions

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by Sarltourl: 7:31am On Apr 14, 2011
I am looking into purchasing a new bedliner for my truck for a long time now. I recently can't decide what I want. I do believe I'm going to go along with a dualliner because it might appear to be the top solution out there. I've had a spray-in and drop-in liner before and neither one exercised, anyone own or have a friend with a dualliner? Just how do they work?

Look at their website and tell me what you think <a href="http://www.dualliner.com/index.php">truck bed liner</a> .
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by mak2une(m): 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
i know this is coming years after but my wifes 07 v6 accord has exact issue, just as you described, engine seal was replaced by mec a month ago and issue started a week after he returned car. he says the fuel pump needs replacemnet, thank goodness i researched this 1st.
i have since told the mec about your experience but he doesnt know how to locate the soleniod, can you recommend someone that can fix and how much did it cost then?
thankx

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by mayor2013: 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
mak2une:
i know this is coming years after but my wifes 07 v6 accord has exact issue, just as you described, engine seal was replaced by mec a month ago and issue started a week after he returned car. he says the fuel pump needs replacemnet, thank goodness i researched this 1st.
i have since told the mec about your experience but he doesnt know how to locate the soleniod, can you recommend someone that can fix and how much did it cost then?
thankx

If you are in lagos reach multi autolab for a solution. 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by OtunbaAde101(m): 4:06am On Dec 24, 2016
Please sir,I will need your help on this, my Honda accord 04 v6 has exact problem.I live in akure and I will appreciate if you can show me how to fix this or how to guide my mechanic to fix it .thank you
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by honmusa(m): 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2016
OtunbaAde101:
Please sir,I will need your help on this, my Honda accord 04 v6 has exact problem.I live in akure and I will appreciate if you can show me how to fix this or how to guide my mechanic to fix it .thank you
Symptoms might be the same but the root of the issue can be different.See if if you can get the vehicle scanned and post the code here .
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by mak2une(m): 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hello all, thankx for the responses and suggestions.
I have since been chasing the mec who initiated this problem after changing engine seal, he kept saying the rewire that would know the solenoid connection hasn't returned from his holidays. I was frustrated with the delay as I didn't know what effect it would have on the engine. I decided to surf the net to get location of the sensor, all diagrams showed it to be exactly opp the oil filter. So this morning when engine was cool, I looked for the solenoid, found it, lo and behold, I saw two wires with sockets dangling just beside it, I also noticed a socket on the solenoid with two pins without a a connection. I was shocked, I drove to the mec, showed him and asked what those wires were, he kept quiet, then called his boy to jack the car up to plug in the wires, immediately the car was out of limp mode and reved above 3000rpm.. I instantly started shouting at him but inside I was thrilled. He adviced I changed the oil and filter as engine had been running on low capacity.
So otunba ade, check your sensor connection as I did.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by lonelydora: 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
webmaster3:
Replaced faulty broken vtec solenoid with a new one and made connection to its sensors and it jumped out of limp mode. Car is now working very fine and smooth. Thank you all for your suggestions

Where is the vtec solenoid located?
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by lonelydora: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2017
mak2une:
I have since been chasing the mec who initiated this problem after changing engine seal, he kept saying the rewire that would know the solenoid connection hasn't returned from his holidays. I was frustrated with the delay as I didn't know what effect it would have on the engine. I decided to surf the net to get location of the sensor, all diagrams showed it to be exactly opp the oil filter. So this morning when engine was cool, I looked for the solenoid, found it, lo and behold, I saw two wires with sockets dangling just beside it, I also noticed a socket on the solenoid with two pins without a a connection. I was shocked, I drove to the mec, showed him and asked what those wires were, he kept quiet, then called his boy to jack the car up to plug in the wires, immediately the car was out of limp mode and reved above 3000rpm.. I instantly started shouting at him but inside I was thrilled. He adviced I changed the oil and filter as engine had been running on low capacity.

Can I see the diagram? Having same issue after changing my engine pulley
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by MPVGoddess: 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2017
mak2une:

Let me be sarcastic

Why did you teach him?

You should not have taught him!

His half-baked ass does not/did not deserve to know.
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by mili3kid(m): 11:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
lonelydora:

Can I see the diagram? Having same issue after changing my engine pulley
google and YouTube would really help. just like he did. surf online... u'll learn alot. dnt be lazy
oya remember to coman tell us ur testimony here o. ehen
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by mili3kid(m): 11:45pm On Jun 21, 2017
MPVGoddess:

Let me be sarcastic
Why did you teach him?
You should not have taught him!
His half-backed ass does not/did not deserve to know.
i swear U r soooo super right.
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by dotedote: 7:02am On Jun 28, 2018
having the same issue with my newly imported 2003 Accord [6 cylinders] and i'll follow this thread to see if the found solution of the op would fit my case too/
Thanks y'all
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by walestega(m): 7:50am On Dec 12, 2019
Many thanks guys, was able to fix my car just reading through your comments.
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by Ogunbeks24: 11:22am On Jan 06, 2020
Hi I had a eod and when I accelerate to 3 it’s jerk pls I need your help have been on it for a month and I haven’t found a solution pls
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by adanny01(m): 11:59pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ogunbeks24:
Hi I had a eod and when I accelerate to 3 it’s jerk pls I need your help have been on it for a month and I haven’t found a solution pls

I recommend you scan the car and tell us the resultant codes.
Re: Please Help!!!!!, My 2003 Honda Accord Cannot Exceed 3000rpm(Limp mode) by jgbemson1: 5:15am On Jan 07, 2020
Please do snap the picture of the part u change and where it is located

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / See How Long It Takes The World’s Richest People To Pay Off Their Cars / The New Honda N-box Is Indeed A Box, But It’s Beautiful (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.