Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,596 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

A Corp Member By Name Idiege Steven Omang Built A Gigantic Lodge In Edo - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Corp Member By Name Idiege Steven Omang Built A Gigantic Lodge In Edo (1553 Views)

Poor State Of Corpers Lodge In Odi, Bayelsa State (Photos) / Corpers' Lodge In Mbano, Imo State In Poor State (Photos) / The Ceilings At Corper's Lodge In Jigawa In Terrible State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Corp Member By Name Idiege Steven Omang Built A Gigantic Lodge In Edo by peter087: 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2017
Some people are born great, some people live to create greatness for themselves. Despite living in a strange land, where we tried keeping our heads above the water from the stipends we were receiving from the Federal government, a Corp member built a gigantic Corp members' Lodge. Idiege Steven Omang, a Corp member sent to serve his fatherland in Edo State, with the state code ED/16B/0225, built a Lodge for incoming Corp members.

The Lodge contains 6 large rooms, 3 toilets and bathrooms, a very spacious passage, a large kitchen/store, a generator room and a corridor. The Lodge is located at Azukhala, Ekperi kingdom, Etsako Local Government Area of Edo State. Idiege Steven Omang who hails from Cross River State, graduated from Cross River State University where he studied Visual Arts.

He was a one time Student Union President of Cross River State University and President/Corp Members' Liaison Officer (CLO) of his Community Development Service (CDS) group while serving his fatherland. The ugly looking face of accommodation in the village he was sent to serve, moved him into embarking on building a lodge for Corp members.

He wore determination, stepped into his dream of building a lodge, sat on the seat of discipline, held the steering of never turning back spirit and drove his vision through the high mountains and heavy storms, to success.
The Lodge which was commissioned on November 11, 2017, had so many dignitaries in attendance. Below, is the speech delivered by Idiegie Steven Omang on the commissioning of his project:

" Good morning,
The NYSC State Coordinator, Edo state,
Hon. Commissioner for Oil and Gas Edo state,
Member Edo State House of Assembly, representing Etsako Central,
The Assistant Director (CDS) Edo state,
Other Assistant Directors from NYSC
The Zonal Inspector, Auchi zone,
The Local Government Inspector, Etsako central LGA,
All religious leaders here present,
All sponsors and donors,
Leaders and members of the community,
All other NYSC officials here present
Members of the press
And my fellow Corps members.
Ladies and gentle men

After passing out from camp on the 14th December 2016, on arriving Ekperi at about 8pm,we were taken to a lodge where about 8 of us slept in a room, it was very congested. As a result of this, many were seeking for reposting because of accommodation problems and there was another case of the former Education Development Group President who rented an apartment but within a period of 4 months, he was chased out of his apartment by his landlord for no genuine reason without refunding his money, this accommodation money was even part of his monthly allowance. Having seen all these discomfort experienced by the corps members posted to this area, I became motivated to strive and put a stop or at least reduce this self instrumental rejection drive by corps members on grounds of lack of accommodation.
The journey was not smooth at all, I faced a lot of challenges, like opposition, discouragement, unfulfilled promises, running around and having countless number of sleepless nights but to the glory of the Almighty God who has made this project a success to Him I return all the glory. My unreserved appreciation goes to my LGI, Mrs Maryam Momoh, who was always there to run to, talk to and receive all the necessary encouragements, the Assistant Director (CDS) NYSC Edo state, Mrs. Isede, who was also there to guide and direct me, to the community chairman, Comrade Oboh Modu who was always available whenever I called for his fatherly advise and assistance, like the saying goes, 'an elderly man cannot sit and watch a goat deliver while tied to a stick' he is a father indeed, to all religious leaders who supported this project financially and spiritually, God will strengthen you all. To the entire Azukhala Community elders and youths who made sure this project come this far, all other sponsors, donors, and my fellow Corps Members and friends, the likes of Idowu Oyetayo, Ogukanmi Kayode, Ayatu Omale, Ebouku Chukuka, Ishau Aderonke, Oboh Abdulazeez, Yakubu and many others too numerous to mention, I say a very big thank you and God bless you all.
I am indeed grateful to the NYSC Edo State Coordinator for personally coming around for the commissioning of this project, it shows the importance to the scheme and your dispotion to all Corps Members irrespective of where they are posted to
My speech will not be complete without appreciating the NYSC scheme for affording me the opportunity to identify my latent skills and put them to reality for the benefit of humanity. I give God all the glory.
My advice goes to youths all over the world. 'Nothing is impossible when you have the mind of starting it, nothing is unachievable when you set your mind to do it. No mountain is too big to climb, all you need to do is to start and never give up'.
Thank you all and God bless you as you return back to your various destinations."

Idiege received a Certificate of Honour personally signed by Edo State governor and was awarded the Best Serving Corp Member in Edo State. His laudable project has been entered for the NYSC national award competition. Idiege Steven Omang has set a fine example for all of us, most especially, the Nigerian youths.

I, Chukuka Chuks Ebouku, is very happy to have witnessed and contributed my little effort to the success of this project and to have met the great man, Idiege Steven Omang. Thanks to all who assisted in one way or the other to the development of this project, may God bless you all. The greatest thanks goes to God Almighty who made all these possible.

Congratulations to all batch B, stream 1, on a successful service year.

Long live NYSC

Source https://www.afrotonez.com/

Re: A Corp Member By Name Idiege Steven Omang Built A Gigantic Lodge In Edo by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
laudable

(1) (Reply)

Check NYSC Senate Approved List Of All Institutions For The 2020 Batch ‘A’ / I Graduated With A 2.2 / 2017 Batch A Mobilization And Printing Of Call Up Letters..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.