Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Didier Drogba Announces Retirement: 'at Some Point You Have To Stop' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Didier Drogba Announces Retirement: 'at Some Point You Have To Stop' (329 Views)

Victor Osimhen Finally Meets His Hero Didier Drogba After Ivory Coast Clash / Drogba Announces Separation From Wife, Lalla Diakite, After 20 Years Together / Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Didier Drogba Announces Retirement: 'at Some Point You Have To Stop' by theLegion(m): 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2017
Chelsea legend Didier Drogba reveals he will retire at the end of the season: 'At some point you have to stop'
Source - https://www.veeinsider.com/news/didier-drogba-reveals-he-will-retire-at-the-end-of-the-season/

Chelsea legend Didier Drogba - now at United Soccer League side Phoenix Rising - has announced that he will retire from football at the end of the season.

Drogba told RMC Sport: "Ah, do you want a scoop? I think next year will be my last season.

"At some point you have to stop. I need to have time for my other projects."

The 39-year-old became the first player-owner at an American club when he bought a stake in Phoenix this year.

He added: "I need time for my other projects. It's good to play, but at 39, it holds me back a bit."

The 39-year-old frontman made his name as a talismanic striker at Stamford Bridge, claiming 12 major trophies in a stunning nine year stint for the west London club.

Following his incredible stint at Stamford Bridge, the former Ivory Coast international enjoyed spells at Shanghai Shenua, Galatasaray and Monreal Impact before arriving in Phoenix.

Didier Drogba has been playing for Phoenix since the turn of the year, where he has scored 10 times in his 14 appearances.

Source - https://www.veeinsider.com/news/didier-drogba-reveals-he-will-retire-at-the-end-of-the-season/

(1) (Reply)

Dailypremierleague News/sports/reviews/goals!!tag Along Folks / See The Best Sporting Friends You Never Knew About / Highlight Saint-etienne Vs Monaco 0:4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.