Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please (8380 Views)

Which WordPress Shipping Rate Plugin Is Best For Nigerian E-commerce Sites? / Help Review My Blog Please / Web Masters! Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For An Entertainment Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by WealthPhillips(m): 7:16pm On Nov 14, 2017
I really need this, I have searched online endlessly.. Please help if you can, I will really appreciate..
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Dmayor7(m): 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
WealthPhillips:
I really need this, I have searched online endlessly.. Please help if you can, I will really appreciate..

Go to https://mythemeshop.com/?ref=darlingtonokafor and search for..

Newsonline

SociallyViral

Lifestyle

Viral

I will advise you go with "Viral" because it has so much features to engage and keep your site visitors coming back again and again.

Others I listed here have it too but to me Viral surpasses them.

Note that I will receive a little commission when you buy the theme using re link above, but at no additional cost to you.

Mythemeshop is a great theme maker and always bring out the best WordPress themes around

Responsive

Fast loading

Light weight

Nice and much needed features

Easy to configure and use

Good customer support 24/7 via live chat, email, and phone call.

If you need help in customizing any of their themes, just contact me via

darlington@w3programs.com

and I will help you do it FREELY

Kudos

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by WealthPhillips(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2017
Dmayor7:

Go to https://mythemeshop.com/?ref=darlingtonokafor and search for..

Newsonline

SociallyViral

Lifestyle

Viral

I will advise you go with "Viral" because it has so much features to engage and keep your site visitors coming back again and again.

Others I listed here have it too but to me Viral surpasses them.

Note that I will receive a little commission when you buy the theme using re link above, but at no additional cost to you.

Mythemeshop is a great theme maker and always bring out the best WordPress themes around

Responsive

Fast loading

Light weight

Nice and much needed features

Easy to configure and use

Good customer support 24/7 via live chat, email, and phone call.

If you need help in customizing any of their themes, just contact me via

darlington@w3programs.com

and I will help you do it FREELY

Kudos

Thanks a lot sir.. Blessings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2017
The best theme for entertainment WP site is Zox News

It is used by the popular http://dailypost.ng

Costs around $59 or so the last time i checked but i can sell it for you for a cheaper price

Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Dmayor7(m): 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
WealthPhillips:

Thanks a lot sir.. Blessings

My pleasures.

If you need any help in customizing anyone of them. Just hola me up
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Ogbeide85(m): 6:38pm On Nov 15, 2017
Tuham:
The best theme for entertainment WP site is Zox News

It is used by the popular http://dailypost.ng

Costs around $59 or so the last time i checked but i can sell it for you for a cheaper price
How is the cost for zox-news theme I need it for my website
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Ogbeide85(m): 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
Dmayor7:

My pleasures.

If you need any help in customizing anyone of them. Just hola me up
Can you get me a zox-news theme. Or any good theme for news and entertainment
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by cogbuagu: 7:49am On Nov 16, 2017
Y
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by dHustle: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2017
Use coolmag
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Doubleoo(m): 7:53am On Nov 16, 2017
If you don't want excessive complexity, i recommend Exra from eleganttheme.
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by dHustle: 7:53am On Nov 16, 2017
Check my blog, if you like the theme, Holla

http://g*00gle.com.ng (remove the *)

1 Like

Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Scholar01: 8:01am On Nov 16, 2017
In my experience,

Newspaper by tagDiv
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 16, 2017
Customizr shud be good for you because it gives freedom to customise the theme like adding and editing the entire page like
1..adding menus,sub menus,headings, subheadings, color,page links,footers,side menus,side links etc.

But u shud have a basic knowledge of php,html n css
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Webman007: 8:06am On Nov 16, 2017
Googling always ought to be the first thing to do whenever you have tech related questions...

The only substitute is your circle of techie friends and a forum Nairaland...

So ask google
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by VeeInsider: 8:07am On Nov 16, 2017
Hello, I created my wordpress blog months ago and getting a theme for it was the most difficult part, don't use any theme you find online, make sure you use "ThemeCheck" to check if the theme is a good one and also use "Google mobile test" to check if the theme is optimised for mobile device.
I had so many links to 200 plus quality wordpress themes but I deleted it when I finished setting my blog up.
You can use this one ( https://colorlib.com/wp/wordpress-newspaper-themes/ ) and also use Google to search for quality themes, AND MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE QUALITY FIRST. You don't even need anybody to tell you the one they like, just do the search for yourself and you'll end up with something you love.
You can ask me any question you wanna ask, it's nothing helping out.
One last thing, don't pay anybody for a theme that's free, most of them don't even know how to check a theme before using it, good luck.

1 Like

Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Bigajeff(m): 8:09am On Nov 16, 2017
news mag, true mag
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by wunderkiind(m): 8:10am On Nov 16, 2017
danjumakolo:
Customizr shud be good for you because it gives freedom to customise the theme like adding and editing the entire page like
1..adding menus,sub menus,headings, subheadings, color,page links,footers,side menus,side links etc.

But u shud have a basic knowledge of php,html n css

Pls, what about for a tech blog?
And are free themes advisable, or must they all be paid themes?

cc tuham Scholar01 dHustle Dmayor7
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Mobsync(m): 8:11am On Nov 16, 2017
WealthPhillips:

The best themes are paid themes, that is, the ones you pay money to use. I suggest you check out Extra by Elegant themes.

Optionally, you can check out more paid themes on sites like theme forest. You should get a good one for around 50 dollars.

One good method of finding themes is by visiting websites several sites and finding out the theme they're using.

Once you find a site with a theme you like, go to wpthemedetector.com and enter the address of the site. It'll give you the name of the theme and where you can find it.

UPDATE.

Doubleoo:
If you don't want excessive complexity, i recommend Exra from eleganttheme.

Yes, this is the theme I recommended above. I mistakenly called it Elegant theme by Divi. Your comment made me realize my error. grin
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by dHustle: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2017
wunderkiind:

My theme there is a premium but nulled, you can download premium themes online for free but before uploading them to your blog, make sure you scan it with virustotal

https://virustotal.com

1 Like

Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by AnodaIT(m): 8:19am On Nov 16, 2017
Webman007:
Googling always ought to be the first thing to do whenever you have tech related questions...

The only substitute is your circle of techie friends and a forum Nairaland...

So ask google
Do you know that most times Google would refer you back to nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by yomalex(m): 8:26am On Nov 16, 2017
Depends on what you want your site to look like
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 16, 2017
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 16, 2017
wunderkiind:

There are so many.Just download WordPress and go to the control panel of your webpage and search.

It's difficult to be satisfied with a particular theme as u will always wanna add pluggings n features.

The below site can give u so many awesome themes

https://colorlib.com/wp/technology-news-wordpress-themes/

1 Like

Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by meettosin87(m): 8:30am On Nov 16, 2017
Send Free Text Messages to any Mobile Network Worldwide. Engage, communicate and interact with your friends, family, your current customers, prospective customers and gain more customers in any part of the world. www.bansmsg.com

Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Ignyte(m): 8:37am On Nov 16, 2017
Newspaper 8 is all you need sir
Re: Which Wordpress Theme Is Best For A News Blog Please by Webman007: 9:08am On Nov 16, 2017
AnodaIT:

Do you know that most times Google would refer you back to nairaland?

Not always but it depends on what the question is..Google always returns best results that suits users search.....it could be from Nairaland here or from stackoverflow

In this case which is WP related and theme in particular ...am sure and certain he will get loads of quality results from google

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Php Random Script To Generate Pin No. / How Often Do You Google Yourself? / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.