Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers (1030 Views)

Telecommunication Companies Lose 8 Million Subscribers in Q2 2021 / GSM Booster: NCC Warns Against Unauthorized Use Of Telecommunication Boosters / So This Is How Glo Decided To Stop Their Social Responsibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers by PhonePlanet(m): 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2017
Subscribe to ShakeTV, see signature!

So a few days ago I noticed my remaining balance on my Glo 2nd line was 100 box instead of on N200 that I recharged earlier. this is my second Glo line and I barely do anything with it except I need it. I recharged the 200 box there by mistake. anyways 100 box was missing so I called Glo customer care and they told me "the usual"

"Sir from here I can see you subscribed for a service and you were charged 100 naira for that service"

I'm sure if you are reading this now, you must have heard this statement when you call to complain about missing credit. How will I dial a code to subscribe to a service and I don't know? or send a text and I won't remember? I was not even sent a confirmation text saying "I successfully subscribed to anything" no text on my phone

well this is not the first time this is happening, about last month I was sent a message on my first Glo sim after recharging that i have successfully subscribed for a newspaper service at 20/day, and I was deducted, I called Glo immediately that I did not subscribe for anything, they said they were yet to see the transaction on their PC, that issue slipped my mind until the following week, Glo deducted N50 for the same service but this time per week.

think about it! how is it possible I will subscribe to a newspaper service? then while I was still trying to correct the first error of per day, I now subscribed to a per week version? this is exactly what the customer care would tell you! they make you sound like a fool like you are dumb! they try in every possible way to convince you that indeed you subscribed for the service, like you "sleep press phone", like you're illiterate and don't know how to operate a mobile phone. luckily I'm none of the above, what of those that actually are? because the truth is I who whoever this also happens to did not subscribe to this service, in fact, who subscribes to these so-called "Value Added Services"? Nobody! these services are scam! so these networks can steal from you!

it's as simple as
step 1: deduct your credit
step 2: its either you notice or you don't notice. If you noticed, go to step 3. If you did not notice, go to step 5
step 3: its either you call customer care or ignore it (maybe because N20 means nothing to you). Called customer care go to step 4, you ignored, go to step 5
step 4. the customer care try to convince you that you actually did subscribe for the service, or fake that they reported the issue to their technical team and nothing is done about it and you keep calling till you finally give up.
step 5. you have successfully been stolen from!

they call the issue when reported "V.A.S activated without intent"
NO!! they actually deduct your credit and blame it on "subscribing for a value-added service" on purpose
if not?
why is it that you don't get credited without intent?
why does your internet not connect without intent?
why do you not get subscribed to a bundle plan without intent?
why is it only V.A.S that can be done "without intent"?

Computer Programs don't edit or code themselves its how they are programmed that they will run so there is no "by mistake" or in Glo words "without intent" with a computer program. only humans make mistakes! or are they saying that a person that has to take your request, process it and give you a solution? it does not add up! these people actually steal from you!

Last month after calling Glo customer care about 4 times daily for more than 1 week, shouting and complaining bitterly each time, calling NCC three times, my credit N70 was actually refunded.

Now I'm currently disturbing them again for my N100, I will update you guys when I get refunded. if you don't disturb them, they will ignore you.

you might say N100 is too little for the trouble, but I'm a student and I'm not the only one having this issue, times N100 by maybe a million subscribers, how much is that? and people who load and call a lot might not even notice this theft, same as people who dont check/remember their balance.

the image below is the text they sent me after complaining, the darker colour is from my first sim (last month). its many, to show how much i called them

2 Likes

Re: How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:12am On Nov 15, 2017
About time we speak out about the Injustice.

They've done this to me severally, I didn't complain because I didn't have the strength to but because of that I don't use my glo line for calls, just data subscription. If load, I sharperly used it to sub instantaneously.

Lalasticlala Oya come carry am to fp make glo see how them take dey rubbish thier image.
Re: How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers by PhonePlanet(m): 7:36am On Nov 15, 2017
Mods, front page please!
Re: How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers by youngcizza(m): 7:42am On Nov 15, 2017
you still using glo??...
issa normal thing with our service providers.....
just look at it this way
just like the way Nigerian police like 100
na so our service providers like 20-50 naira
mine has grown worse dah i just recharge my mtn line and wait for the idiots to remove 50 naira for how to get rich sms...
Re: How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 15, 2017
Not just glo but other networks. The funniest thing is that ncc are backing them indirectly
Re: How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers by PhonePlanet(m): 11:58am On Nov 16, 2017
and that was how the mods, did not take this topic to the fp sad
lalasticlala, honsule, dragnet, puskin.

this topic is very important abeg cry
Re: How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers by Samunosuke(m): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2017
Substitute Airtel for Glo in your write up and you just told my tale. I just quietly abandoned the sim.
Re: How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers by MorataFC: 6:46pm On Nov 16, 2017
Op, u nail it, they have never credited my line by mistake and they want to convince me that I subscribe for the service I don't need by mistake.

Check my own screenshots

Re: How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers by OCTAVO: 7:49am On Nov 17, 2017
Hmmmmmm
Re: How Glo And Other Telecommunication Companies Steal From Subscribers by PhonePlanet(m): 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2017
same issue happened to me again this night

(1) (Reply)

Huawei To Unveil Three Smartphones With Triple Cameras / Can't Install Asphalt 8 On Cx Air Help! / Techno Spark K7 Or Infinix S Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.