Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 15/11/17 When God Is Silent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 15/11/17 When God Is Silent (266 Views)

Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 15/11/17 When God Is Silent / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 15/11/17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 15/11/17 When God Is Silent by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Wednesday, November 15, 2017

*Topic:* WHEN GOD IS SILENT
*Read:* Isaiah 18:4-7

*MEMORISE* _I will remain quiet and will look on from my dwelling place..._ *(Isaiah 18:4)*

*EXPOSITION*
Sometimes, God's silence in our situations makes us think of Him as uncaring Father, or ignorant of what we are going through. Then, we pray like David: _O Lord, you have seen this; be not silent._ *Psalms 35:22*. In this passage, Assyria was marching against Ethiopia, *(Isaiah 18:2)*. As the army advances, God makes no effort to stop them, and it appears as though, they will be allowed to do as they wish. The Lord is watching from His dwelling place *(Isaiah 18:5)*. Isn't this a beautiful picture of God - remaining quiet and watching? The LORD told Isaiah that He would wait till the proper time to cut off the enemy *(10:12)*.

Therefore, we must understand what God's silence DOES NOT mean:
*1. He is Negligent:* But you can't be serious! You can't condone evil! So why don't you do something about this? Why are you silent now? This outrage! Evil men swallow up the righteous and you stand around and watch! *(Habakkuk 1:13;TM)*. God's silence is not a passive agreement with evil, He is simply biding His time and will arise at the most appropriate moment.
*2. He is Impotent:* _My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, Where is your God?_ *Psalms 42:3 (cf. Psalms 42:10)*. Sometimes, people confuse God's silence for powerlessness or weakness. When we are hard pressed, we forget how powerful God is - *Job 12:13*.
*3. He is Non-existent:* _Why do the nations say, Where is their God? ..._ *Psalms 115:2-3*. Is the Lord being quiet with you? Nevertheless, He is attentive and still sees everything. He has His finger on your pulse and is extremely sensitive to even the slightest change.
*4. God's Silence is rooted in His Omniscience and Omnipotence. *Isaiah 18:45*.

God waits because the influences of heat and moisture, sunshine and dew are all His own agencies. They all have parts to play *(1 Co 10:13)*.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Lord, I praise you for Your power, Your wisdom and for your omnipresent eyes on me
*2.* Lord, forgive me for taken Your silence for being negligent, powerless, or weak.
*3.* Lord, I stand in awe of you today Your strength today, and always.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Proverbs 30 - 31; Ecclesiastes 1 - 3

(1) (Reply)

Sitting At Jesus' Feet / Christianity Today: Confessions Of Security / How Religion Radicalises People- Imam Explains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.