Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

Governor Fayose's Expectations Of President Buhari. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Governor Fayose's Expectations Of President Buhari. (291 Views)

Lagos Traffic: Former Governor, Fayose Pictured On Okada (photos) / Breaking : Former Governor Fayose Involve In Accident, Escapes Death / Photos Of Governor Fayose Dancing 'shaku-shaku' At His Daughter's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Fayose's Expectations Of President Buhari. by uneeking(m): 4:26am On Nov 16, 2017
Many people must have been taken aback by what the Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose had to say about his expectations of President Buhari as he (Fayose) celebrated his 57th Birthday Anniversary.

But then, I am very sure many well-meaning Nigerians must have applauded his statement as it proves that we have a Nigerian Governor who does not believe in “Politics of Bitterness” or the “Do or Die” type of politics. I hope the masses and other politicians take a cue from this act.

Let’s take a look at what he actually said;

While speaking to to journalists at the Government’s House in Ado-Ekiti, Governor Fayose said;

“My wishes on my 57th birthday as Ayo Fayose are many but one of them which will interest you is that I wish ‎President Buhari’s congratulatory call would have woken me up today as one of the governors in the country and as a leading ‎opposition figure in the country: a fearless young man who believes that things should be done rightly.

“I expect the president to show himself as a father of all, preaching that we must extend love to everybody – not only those in his political party.

“The president would have made a difference if he had extended such gesture to others beyond his political party. Such a congratulatory message should have been conveyed through his Minister of Information (Lai Muhammad). I would have loved to either wake up receiving a congratulatory call from him or read it in the papers. But since it is not coming, it is not a big deal to me and I take no offence on it.”

Now, that is how to play politics in a progressive society and I repeat the wish to see Nigerian politicians take a cue from this sometimes controversial governor. That would make a huge positive difference on the way politics is practiced in the country.

http://uneekomunikations.com/uneekomunikations-governor-fayoses-expectations-of-president-buhari/

Re: Governor Fayose's Expectations Of President Buhari. by uneeking(m): 4:29am On Nov 16, 2017
Kudos to Governor Fayose for this gesture. How I wish President Buhari would reply him as a fatherly figure. Better late than never.

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Appoints SSA On Illegal Migration / Menstrual Cycle And Ovulation Period / To Remember January Is The Beginning Of Wisdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.