Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Ikhlaas (sincerity) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ikhlaas (sincerity) (861 Views)

Explanation Of Soorah Al-ikhlaas (purity Of Faith) / Five Steps To Achieve Sincerity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ikhlaas (sincerity) by pristinecreed(m): 6:56am On Nov 16, 2017
Introduction

And they were not commanded but that they should worship Allah, and worship none but Him alone[1]
Narrated Ameerul Mumineen Umar bn Khattaab:

I heard the messenger –commendations and peace of Allaah be upon him- say:

Indeed actions will be judged according to intentions, and every person will only be rewarded for his intentions. So whoever his migration is to Allaah and His messenger –commendations and peace of Allaah be upon him- then his (reward is the reward of) migration to Allaah and His messenger –commendations and peace of Allaah be upon him- but whoever his migration is for the worldly life or a woman he wishes to marry then his (reward is his) migration to what he has migrated to.[2]
Ibadah (worship) must satisfy two conditions otherwise it will be rejected and will be a source of regret. We ask Allaah for safety. These conditions are:

# Ikhlaas (sincerity) and

# Conformity with the Quran and Sunnah (mutaaba’ah).
Definition of Ikhlaas (Sincerity)

Firstly,
Ikhlaas (Sincerity) is that the servant intends to get closer to Allah with his deeds[4]. Ikhlaas is when you perform an act worship in order to get the love, pleasure and reward of Allah and to be saved from the anger and punishment of Allah especially in the hereafter.

Dangers of not Being Sincere

The messenger of Allah –commendations and peace of Allah be upon him- said in a hadith narrated by Abü Hurairah:

“Allaah, Blessed and Exalted is He, said[5]:

“I am the least in need of a partner. Whoever does any deed in which he associates someone else with Me, I will reject him and his deed.”[6]

Ways to Achieve Ikhlaas (Sincerity)[9]

Supplication to Allaah especially using the authentically reported prophetic supplications and also striving to increase in supplication at the recommended hours and places
Seeking knowledge of the Quran and Sunnah as understood and practiced by the companions (Allaah be pleased with them)
Pondering on the Verses and Hadiths that are related to Ikhlaas (sincerity)
Always having in mind that Allaah has perfect knowledge of the concealed and revealed, and He will reward each person based on his intentions and actions

Constant checkup on ones intentions and aims in every deed because a person might start a deed with sincerity but later deviate due to evil whisperings from the cursed shaytaan. May Allaah save us from his evils.
Reading aspects of seerah (prophetic biography) which are related to the topic of Ikhlaas (sincerity)
Constant reading and listening to stories of our righteous predecessors such as the companions (Allah be pleased with them) and those who came after them
Reading some books written on the topic of Ikhlaas (sincerity)
Always remembering that death can come suddenly and there is no way to make amendments once it strikes

Conclusion

This is what I have been able to compile in the works of our past and present scholars. I ask Allah to forgive whatever shortcomings are found therein. Aameen Aameen.

(1) (Reply)

Mssn / The Story Of Abu Hurayrah And His Mother / Funny Salah Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.