Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

The Trouble With Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Trouble With Nigeria (409 Views)

Funke Akindele Gets Into Trouble With UK Police +annie Idibia Receives Knocks / Talking About The Trouble With African Development / Google Celebrates Independence With Nigeria (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Trouble With Nigeria by Fairygist(m): 6:34pm On Nov 16, 2017
The trouble with Nigeria is simply and squarely of leadership. There is nothing basically wrong with the Nigerian character. There is nothing wrong with Nigerian land, climate, air, or anything else. The Nigeria problem is the unwillingness of leaders to rise to their responsibilities or challenges personally which are hallmarks of true leadership. Where this problem does lies?

Unemployment: as a young boy at early age of fourteen listen to both local and international news where my beloved country Nigeria is been rated as where unemployment is not treated as an urgent matter by her leaders rates Nigeria as a place of unemployment. For instance on 14th march, some young graduates where reported dead as a result of stampede in a bid to get employment by Nigeria immigration service both in Abuja and Lagos centers. This is one of the numerous information and records about unemployment

CORRUPTION: this means dishonesty or illegal behavior especially of people in authority. I got baffled when I heard that my beloved country is rated as the most corrupt country in the world.
For instance, a civil servant with the Nigerian police pension fund made away with billion of naira only for the court to ask him to pay some millions. The troubles with Nigeria lies so much on corrupt leaders.

INSECURITY: to me, the trouble with my country recently include emergence of “BOKO HARAM” sect in the North East part of the country, the kidnappers group in the southern east of Nigeria. Just to mention but a few. The government is almost spending over 70% of the countries budget on security instead of using it in other developmental project.

PATRIOTISM: in 1978 or 79 General Obansanjo paid an official visit to the University of Nigeria Nsuka. Of the Academic community assembled in the Niger room of continuing education centers and rose respectively to its feet on his entry, General Obasanjo made a total unexpected demand. He asks them to recipe the national pledge! A few ambiguous member followed and then strong silence.
“You see” said the general bristling with hostility; you do not even know the national pledge.

WHO IS A PATRIOT? He is a person who loves his country. He is not even a person who shouts or swears or recites or sings his love of his, country. He is one who cares deeply about the happiness and well being of his country. And its people. What I am saying is that Nigeria is not beyond change I am saying that Nigeria can change today if she discouvers has the will, the ability and the vision. Such people are rare to come by. But is the duty of enlighten citizens to lead the way in their discovery and to create an atmosphere where if effort is made, good leader would create an enabling environment for the society to forge ahead. Whenever two Nigerians meet, their conversation will sooner or later slide into a litany of our national deficiencies. The trouble with Nigeria has become subject of our small talk much the same way as word is for the English.

Source

http://www.naijagistloaded.com.ng/the-trouble-with-nigeria/
Re: The Trouble With Nigeria by Ekugbeh(m): 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2017
The trouble with Nigeria is Electricity, fix it, then the rest is history.

(1) (Reply)

As We Approach 2018, Pls Keep This In Mind. / Horoscope For Saturday,jan. 6, 2018 / David Oyedepo Reacts To Herdsmen Attacks: Nigeria Sitting On Keg Of Gun Powder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.