Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. (142823 Views)

My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by bily(m): 6:03pm On Jan 29, 2018
Geofavor:

He said you deleted his thread in the ads section. Is posting ads in that section illicit as well?

This is the part that's not really clear to me. I would appreciate if the MOd can update us on this

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Justanodadude: 6:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
Ishilove:
Iron man grin
Anoda mod Anoda mod.

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Justanodadude: 6:46pm On Jan 29, 2018
Ishilove:
Iron man grin
Anoda mod Anoda mod.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Geofavor(m): 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2018
bily:

This is the part that's not really clear to me. I would appreciate if the MOd can update us on this
Honestly, it's confusing.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
!

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
AbuchiDavid:
Hey guys!

Anyone going to study in Russia for this 2018 September academic semester? I will be going to study English Philology at Perm State University, Perm Krai. But first I will be enrolling for the one year intensive Russian preparatory course, learning the language — although I know, speak, and understand Russian a bit. If you will be going to study in Russia for the September intake, write me here let's relate and share information.

Bless up.
hey bro. I'm also applying to school in Russia. Please can one work and study at the same time?

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
eosigwe:
hey bro. I'm also applying to school in Russia. Please can one work and study at the same time?

Hey!

To the best of my knowledge, a student cannot work with a study visa. In Russia it is illegal and can lead to your deportation. To study and work you need a special permission from the authorities. Meanwhile, there will be no chance for you to work as lectures spawn from morning to evening.

Which school are you applying to?

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2018
AbuchiDavid:

Hey!

To the best of my knowledge, a student cannot work with a study visa. In Russia it is illegal and can lead to your deportation. To study and work you need a special permission from the authorities. Meanwhile, there will be no chance for you to work as lectures spawn from morning to evening.

Which school are you applying to?
non for now. Just need where I can school and work
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 17, 2018
eosigwe:
non for now. Just need where I can school and work

While in Russia, if you're able to get a job with your university; therefore you don't need a permit card. But outside your university you'll need a permit card. What you need to do is to check Russian states and choose the one you think will be of great opportunities for you. You must know that jobs are never waiting for you anywhere in Europe, you must toil out something for yourself.

Good luck.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Feb 28, 2018
Moranc:
Please give me ur email address i need you to put me through just gt admitted into tomsk state university. Thanks

Hey!
You just got admitted in Tomsk State University? When? I don't think Russian universities have started admissions for the 2018 academic session. How did you work out your admission?
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by FrankByMonster: 10:22am On Mar 07, 2018
I love Moscow. I've been here for a few months already. Came from Morocco and preparing to enrol at University. So far I greatly enjoy the courses in Russian language school in Moscow http://russian-language-school.com/en/
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by abike12(f): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
smh. I was reading and enjoying this thread only to find out that awon dem dem killed the writer's spirit. OP please enjoy yourself and best of luck in all your projects.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by TochiPhotos(m): 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2018
My people, how una dey? It’s been a while and I hope everybody is good.
A lot has happened these past few weeks so let me bring you guys up to speed with what’s going on with me.
I will start with some useful information for prospective students who want to study in Russian universities. I get emails every now and then, from people who want information about the admission procedures in Russian universities, I believe there is a dedicated thread for this somewhere but let me still add the little I can.
Right now, admission has started in every university in Russia, admission procedure varies from one university to the other so I’ll recommend every prospective Master or Bachelor's Degree seeking student visit https://www.bachelorsportal.com/ and https://www.mastersportal.com/ and then search for their desired course while ticking Russian as destination country. Visit the school’s website and then get all the information they need.
Here is the step to apply to my University.
Visit hse.ru then go the apply for admission link and create your student APA with all the required info. For Bachelor's degree you need to write an exam in Mathematics and English, some Masters program too or if your masters program does not need an exam, then you need to pass an interview. Also note that to study in Russia you first need to go to Ministry of Education in Abuja and certify your WAEC result and your BSC cert if you are going for masters, then proceed to Ministry of Foreign affairs to Legalize the waec and bsc and you also need to legalize those documents at the Russian embassy in Abuja before applying for visa.

Trust me the process isn’t as hard as you might think and you don’t need any agent to do it for you, when I applied, I did everything myself and you too can do it. All the information you need is on the school’s website. Russian student visa application is transparent and DIY friendly so don’t fall victim to agents who will charge you exorbitant rates to do this for you, as long as you’re not lazy, all the information you need is ready available online and you can process everything yourself.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by TochiPhotos(m): 7:53pm On Mar 18, 2018
Back to my diary,

The cold has been brutal, sometimes I sneeze and instead of mucus, a little blood comes out from my nose. Only thing I hate about Moscow is the cold. My World Cup Project has been good, I’m really grateful to God the project took off really well even after all what happened on here. My partner and I were able to fill the slots through word of mouth and twitter.

School has also been good but stressful, I hate that no matter how cold it gets, someone cannot just miss class unless you have a doctors reporting showing that you are sick.

Dating someone from a different culture is not easy to be honest, and my relationship with B has not been a bed of roses. We have issues like in every relationship but I often feel that the things that usually cause our issues are usually trivial but she disagrees. All the problems we usually have in our relationship is always about me not spending enough time with her, jealousy and the most annoying one when is when she always gets jealous and angry when my female friends from school or the girls working on my project with me text me or take pictures together. Like if I’m showing her something on my phone and she scrolls up and sees a picture of me and any of my female friends or classmates she will get moody etc I tell her constantly that I do not want anything with those girls, they are just my classmates, friends and some we work on my project together, she knows some of them but still she still gets upset.. The biggest problem we have is her constant complain that I don’t visit her often. I’m usually busy on weekdays but on weekends I go to their house on Friday, then go to my dorm on Saturday evening and each time she tries to make me stay till Sunday but I tell her I have to do my assignments, go to Church, and work and she gets angry and say that I don’t care about her.

It’s not been easy mehn, we have our up and downs but each time we always try our best to understand the situation and make things work. It hasn’t been easy but to be honest I won’t trade our relationship for anything.

On February 14th Valentine’s day I took her on a dinner date, it was a memorable night. The dinner date was on a cruise ship aboard the RDN Royal Flotilla, and for 3 hours we cruised and sailed on the Moskva River, aboard the RDN Royal Flotilla. It was really a magically night, a night. Before we went to the dinner date, we exchanged gifts. I gave her flowers and bought her a jacket and she bought me some clothes, and a gift pack with men’s cream and some other stuff.
Then her dad drove us to our date. We wanted to take the metro to our date but her dad didn’t want us to walk in the cold to the metro and he drove us for over an hour to the city center for our date.

One good thing about Moscow is how inexpensive things and experiences are. The tickets for the cruise ship on the Moskva River were less than 5 thousand naira and I’m sure if it were in Lagos, it would cost more than 20k.
Moscow have so many memorable places and things you can visit for wonderful experiences most are free and the other fee paying ones are so inexpensive. Only thing I hate about Moscow is cold.

On the 23rd of February Men’s day in Russia. It is a day women celebrate the important men in their life. Women usually buy gifts for the men they love on this day and do things for the man. I didn’t know about this holiday till B told me to get ready and come to her that she’s taking me out. When I arrived she gave me some gifts she bought for me to celebrate men’s day. She bought me some clothes. It is customary for women to buy the men they love gifts on this day. Then we went to a bar in the city center and danced and drank and because it was men’s day she said we didn’t have to share the bills because it’s her treat for the man in her life. It felt really good, we danced and danced, and she said so many good things to me. We got drunk then went home late in the night and slept off, we didn’t wake up till Saturday afternoon with a heavy hangover lol.

Another important holiday in Russia is March 8th. Women’s day. This is one of the most important holidays in Russia and on this day women all over Russia are celebrated. March 8th is also a national holiday and men are expected to give the women they love flowers and gifts. It was a long holiday, the holiday was 2 days Thursday and Friday + the weekend so I went to B’s house to spend the holiday. I gave her a flower (A Tulip flower) it’s spring right now so it is the best flower to give. I also gave her a perfume then we went to out. The holiday was on Thursday and Friday so were all at home.
On Saturday the parents wanted all of us to do something together so they took us to the Aqua Park. The Aqua Park is big and it is indoors obviously cos of the cold lol. We went there in the morning and returned at night. There was so much to do, we played in the water slides, we went to the Sauna and had lunch and dinner their lol. I was the only black man their and so many kids were looking at me as if it were their first time to see a black man. It felt weird sha but I always smile at the kids. It was a really memorable day then the day drove us home and we had a large dinner then called it a night.
It was a really memorable day for those on my snap, I posted videos and pictures of the trips on my snapchat.

I have an exam in 2 weeks and I really hope it goes well. Also my special and wonderful friend S helped me find a Nigerian store where I can buy Nigerian food ingredients. She’s my best friend and most important friend I have, she calls me her son and is like a mom to me. She is an absolutely wonderful woman with the kindest heart, I will tell you guys about this my wonderful friend later. I went to the store and I bought yam, garri and pepper. I will buy egusi and cook when next I go there.
My Russian friends kept asking what yam is when I was cooking in the kitchen, apparently they don’t know what yam is lol. I cooked my Nigerian yam and ate with sauce and now I’m enjoying my ijebu garri with sugar and cold water.

And here a few pictures of the trips. 1st 2 pictures Valentines day (Moskva River) 3 and 4th With B (Aqua park) and with B's parents and B.

Take care guys, later!

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by daamazing(m): 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2018
Hello helloo
oga tochi is back again..Roger Roger

! it's what i heard somewhere oo, they said your abs are photoshopped grin
JustJoking tho
Nice update, cool to know you're back.

7 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by cyberhike(m): 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2018
yay!!! another season of tochiphotos in Russia is out... welcome back bro..

Mehn... that your shima skin fresh o... see levels.. lol

8 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by error4040: 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2018
TochiPhotos:
Back to my diary,

The cold has been brutal, sometimes I sneeze and instead of mucus, a little blood comes out from my nose. Only thing I hate about Moscow is the cold. My World Cup Project has been good, I’m really grateful to God the project took off really well even after all what happened on here. My partner and I were able to fill the slots through word of mouth and twitter.

School has also been good but stressful, I hate that no matter how cold it gets, someone cannot just miss class unless you have a doctors reporting showing that you are sick.

Dating someone from a different culture is not easy to be honest, and my relationship with B has not been a bed of roses. We have issues like in every relationship but I often feel that the things that usually cause our issues are usually trivial but she disagrees. All the problems we usually have in our relationship is always about me not spending enough time with her, jealousy and the most annoying one when is when she always gets jealous and angry when my female friends from school or the girls working on my project with me text me or take pictures together. Like if I’m showing her something on my phone and she scrolls up and sees a picture of me and any of my female friends or classmates she will get moody etc I tell her constantly that I do not want anything with those girls, they are just my classmates, friends and some we work on my project together, she knows some of them but still she still gets upset.. The biggest problem we have is her constant complain that I don’t visit her often. I’m usually busy on weekdays but on weekends I go to their house on Friday, then go to my dorm on Saturday evening and each time she tries to make me stay till Sunday but I tell her I have to do my assignments, go to Church, and work and she gets angry and say that I don’t care about her.

It’s not been easy mehn, we have our up and downs but each time we always try our best to understand the situation and make things work. It hasn’t been easy but to be honest I won’t trade our relationship for anything.

On February 14th Valentine’s day I took her on a dinner date, it was a memorable night. The dinner date was on a cruise ship aboard the RDN Royal Flotilla, and for 3 hours we cruised and sailed on the Moskva River, aboard the RDN Royal Flotilla. It was really a magically night, a night. Before we went to the dinner date, we exchanged gifts. I gave her flowers and bought her a jacket and she bought me some clothes, and a gift pack with men’s cream and some other stuff.
Then her dad drove us to our date. We wanted to take the metro to our date but her dad didn’t want us to walk in the cold to the metro and he drove us for over an hour to the city center for our date.

One good thing about Moscow is how inexpensive things and experiences are. The tickets for the cruise ship on the Moskva River were less than 5 thousand naira and I’m sure if it were in Lagos, it would cost more than 20k.
Moscow have so many memorable places and things you can visit for wonderful experiences most are free and the other fee paying ones are so inexpensive. Only thing I hate about Moscow is cold.

On the 23rd of February Men’s day in Russia. It is a day women celebrate the important men in their life. Women usually buy gifts for the men they love on this day and do things for the man. I didn’t know about this holiday till B told me to get ready and come to her that she’s taking me out. When I arrived she gave me some gifts she bought for me to celebrate men’s day. She bought me some clothes. It is customary for women to buy the men they love gifts on this day. Then we went to a bar in the city center and danced and drank and because it was men’s day she said we didn’t have to share the bills because it’s her treat for the man in her life. It felt really good, we danced and danced, and she said so many good things to me. We got drunk then went home late in the night and slept off, we didn’t wake up till Saturday afternoon with a heavy hangover lol.

Another important holiday in Russia is March 8th. Women’s day. This is one of the most important holidays in Russia and on this day women all over Russia are celebrated. March 8th is also a national holiday and men are expected to give the women they love flowers and gifts. It was a long holiday, the holiday was 2 days Thursday and Friday + the weekend so I went to B’s house to spend the holiday. I gave her a flower (A Tulip flower) it’s spring right now so it is the best flower to give. I also gave her a perfume then we went to out. The holiday was on Thursday and Friday so were all at home.
On Saturday the parents wanted all of us to do something together so they took us to the Aqua Park. The Aqua Park is big and it is indoors obviously cos of the cold lol. We went there in the morning and returned at night. There was so much to do, we played in the water slides, we went to the Sauna and had lunch and dinner their lol. I was the only black man their and so many kids were looking at me as if it were their first time to see a black man. It felt weird sha but I always smile at the kids. It was a really memorable day then the day drove us home and we had a large dinner then called it a night.
It was a really memorable day for those on my snap, I posted videos and pictures of the trips on my snapchat.

I have an exam in 2 weeks and I really hope it goes well. Also my special and wonderful friend S helped me find a Nigerian store where I can buy Nigerian food ingredients. She’s my best friend and most important friend I have, she calls me her son and is like a mom to me. She is an absolutely wonderful woman with the kindest heart, I will tell you guys about this my wonderful friend later. I went to the store and I bought yam, garri and pepper. I will buy egusi and cook when next I go there.
My Russian friends kept asking what yam is when I was cooking in the kitchen, apparently they don’t know what yam is lol. I cooked my Nigerian yam and ate with sauce and now I’m enjoying my ijebu garri with sugar and cold water.

And here a few pictures of the trips. 1st 2 pictures Valentines day (Moskva River) 3 and 4th With B (Aqua park) and with B's parents and B.

Take care guys, later!

Dammn Bro your Abs are LIT!! cool cool cool (No. Homo)

Welcome Back!!

18 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by alfonso36(m): 11:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
He's Back with a Bang!! Knocking Franknetter and Blowjobs of the perch with one three Shots directly on Target, Well-done Tochiphotos, You didn't let us your fans down, Fire us more interesting shots and dribble us with more stories about your bae and how Easy it is for black guys like us to get this Beautiful things jah has made

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by revontuli(f): 1:20am On Mar 19, 2018
Nice photoshop bro! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Now I gotta read this diary, FrankNetter diary is great but not enough text. You write a lot of everyday life details and the local culture which is good.
Is the Nigerian yam the same as American yam?
You gotta cover your mouth and nose with a thick woollen scarf to avoid the nosebleeds or worse (the dreaded frostbite!)

Kids will stare at anyone who looks strikingly different.
An old friend of mine married a lady from Kenya. He said all the kids stared at him when he went to visit the wife's town. She was not from a big city like Nairobi but some smaller one where they never see white people. Not just kids but everyone looked at him.
Once a Japanese coworker of mine went to India for a work trip, not a touristy place but the much smaller city where we opened shop. The folk there have never seen an East Asian before. He said everyone stared at him as if he came from another planet.
A black American family went to China for sightseeing and they wrote everyone wanted to take selfies with them cause they never ever see black people there. They were treated like celebrities.

TochiPhotos:
Back to my diary,

Take care guys, later!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Adams2018: 6:39am On Mar 19, 2018
Can i live and work in russia
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by daamazing(m): 7:11am On Mar 19, 2018
Adams2018:
Can i live and work in russia
You guys have started again°°

28 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by Saintsquare(m): 7:56am On Mar 19, 2018
niceee
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by suyamasta(m): 4:20am On Mar 20, 2018
So much good stuff in here, i like how u find time to balance every every, You both look good too
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by DeutscheFrau(f): 11:02am On Mar 21, 2018
yaaaaay welcome back....
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by mcdreeezy: 1:45pm On Mar 21, 2018
Nice. Good thing you came back.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by suxes2005(m): 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
@TochiPhotos, why won't she be jealous ?

Even NL guys are helping her to be jealous cause of
your 7 packs.

6 for stomach, 1 for under!

SHALOM

19 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. by simiolu1(m): 9:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
TochiPhotos

I'm still quite angry with you with the way you abandoned the Humans of Lagos thread. I am a photography buff so I was very interested in that project and also thought we could work on it together at some point.

I'm quite proud of what you are doing. I am a Software Developer (Web) myself so I understand how stressful coding + schooling + new culture + relationship can be. Coding + hosting + maintenance + bug fixing is enough headache to last a lifetime. I work from home and I'm slowly turning to a recluse. I don't have a girlfriend but wish I did and honestly, I always feel relieved whenever I shoot my shot and it bounces!!! Imagine...

All the same, I'm still looking forward to that day I'm gonna get my full frame DSLR (has to be a Canon) and the whole nine yards [telephoto lens (180-300mm), 25mm/50mm portrait lens, 28mm-135mm general purpose lens, flashguns, tripod and filters]. I know this would be quite expensive so I plan to assemble the gear little by little. Writing it alone is giving me goosebumps!

And that six-packs... I'm jealous already embarassed embarassed

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

Top 10 African Countries With The Finest Men / Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.