Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Head Of Fish - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Head Of Fish (1323 Views)

Who Have Seen Or Eat This Type Of Fish Before / 6,800 Kilos Of Fish Spilled Onto Guizhou Road Surprisingly, None Were Taken Home / What Are The Benefits Of Fish Oils? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Head Of Fish by kemisuga(f): 4:06pm On Mar 23, 2010
Why do many guys/men like eating head of fish rather than the fish tail. Anytime I go to my office canteen, the men order for fish head. My brother at home loves fish head. The day I bought fish tail for my Boss in the office, he lamented.

Is there any special thing in the head of fish, cause to me I believe it is just bones with little flesh.

What are your views please.
Re: Head Of Fish by kemisuga(f): 4:27pm On Mar 23, 2010
Someone told me, cause he is the head of the family. Is it true?
Or it is just greediness cos the Head is always big and fat, especially crocker fish. grin
Re: Head Of Fish by WAVixen: 1:34pm On Mar 24, 2010
I too love fish head, especially cat fish, those huge ones. Yummmmmmmmmy. The tail and middle is boring, nothing exciting, but with the head, there is adventure, disecting and sucking on the flesh.
Re: Head Of Fish by boy1(m): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2010
i don't eat ORI EJA .
Re: Head Of Fish by dominique(f): 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2010
this the first time i'll be hearing that (guys like fish head)
Re: Head Of Fish by EmmaSun1(m): 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2010
Last week I went to my Auntie's place to buy Akara (Beans Cake) and Yam, I ordered for fish tail and few Akara and Yam, surprise to me I saw a lady walked in and ordered for Potato and yam with two fish Head (Isi Azu) when I asked why the the Head, You know what she said, "My dear bible says You shall be the Head & not the tail" since that last week I have been demanding for Isi Azu rather than the Tail or center,
Isi Azu is really sweet taste & see, your life will never remain the same, grin grin grin grin
Re: Head Of Fish by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2010
why quoting bible for fish head na. grin

it's tasty- end of story.

people are so funny.

but fish tail is also good though-especially the big mackerel one.

all this talk about fish is making me hungry.
Re: Head Of Fish by vocalist(f): 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2010
Speed up UP>>>>>> FOOD IS READY
Re: Head Of Fish by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
[size=13pt]I remember when i was a KID i alway's like dragging the head of dried fish insisted to throw away when preparing a pot of soup . ha ha. . .those days . well , the most sweetest thing inside the head of fishes over the world is the milkie brains and the chocolate taste strong eyes.

mmm. . . Cracking me teeth up !! cheesy wink
[/size]
Re: Head Of Fish by dominique(f): 12:05am On Apr 01, 2010
i still can't understand how people can actually enjoy all that gooey stuff in the fish head tongue
Re: Head Of Fish by aieromon(m): 9:50am On Apr 01, 2010
Yuck!!!
They claim its juicy,i say its irritating and full of bones.
Re: Head Of Fish by iice(f): 3:18pm On Apr 01, 2010
Don't eat it. Don't understand the obsession with it either undecided
Re: Head Of Fish by Moyola(f): 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
lol! itz actually 9z! tongue
Re: Head Of Fish by Linguist(f): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2010
head of fish increases intellectual, mean brilliancy and increases ones height or growth. good for children too. i love it so much. there's something we normally do; we make pepper soup with the fish head, OMG delicious hummmmmmm cool
Re: Head Of Fish by Linguist(f): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2010
head of fish increases intellectual,  mean brilliancy and increases ones height or growth. good for children too. i love it so much. there's something we normally do; we make pepper soup with the fish head, OMG delicious hummmmmmm cool
Re: Head Of Fish by iice(f): 4:33pm On Apr 01, 2010
Well thank goodness i don't eat it if that's the result grin
Re: Head Of Fish by fishaboi(m): 7:28am On Apr 04, 2010
It's a wonderful adventure beginning with the fleshy bits at the end of the fish head, then bending back layers of bones to reveal tasty slabs to enclosed flesh. there are also juicy bits of flesh to be sucked off the bones.

then you find yourself at the center of the fish head, and you crack the suckah to get at the brain.

you do all this, sit back pleased with yourself as you look at the havoc you've wreaked and you take a good long swig of your favourite lager.

pure bliss.
Re: Head Of Fish by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2010
[size=13pt]You call it gooey stuff. . . .OK! i advice you taste the brain. cheesy cheesy wink[/size]
dominique:

i still can't understand how people can actually enjoy all that gooey stuff in the fish head tongue
Re: Head Of Fish by masido(f): 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2010
I love it,especially that of cat fish, hmmmm, very nice.
Re: Head Of Fish by WhiteOne(f): 11:49am On Apr 08, 2010
Well in Europe the fish head is cut off and put in the dust bin and in West Africa and South East Asia it is the best part of the fish, which is keep for the guest of honor or for the head of the family - LOL -  of course you boss was unhappy about the fish tail - many nigerians see a meaning in every thing or aspect of there live and by giving the fish tail to your boss or line manager or colleague you are telling them "they are coming last in live or at the workplace ect you are giving them a "bad prayer and your are refusing success for them ect" - Oh, dear - that is an insult for some and than . . . well, you should know nigerian man and there way of demanding respect . . .
Re: Head Of Fish by Fhemmmy: 6:25pm On Apr 09, 2010
Cos it is big and makes their stew looks good.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Foods That Require No Cooking And Less Chewing / Benefits Of Eating Bananas / Have You Tried Cooking With Coconut Oil. What Was It Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.