Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

What Does My Blood Group Mean? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Does My Blood Group Mean? (363 Views)

Why Does My Hand Shake Tremendously (propanol) / Why Does My Vagina Smell? 8 Causes Of Vaginal Odour / What You Need To Know About Your Genotype And Blood Group. Pictorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does My Blood Group Mean? by drsamba: 6:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
Blood group (also called blood type) is simply the category within which a person’s blood falls based on the presence or absence of certain inherited substances called antigens on one’s red cell covering and presence or absence of antibodies in one’s plasma(the liquid component of blood that bathes the blood cells).Several systems exist for classifying or typing blood but the most commonly used systems are the ABO and the RhD (rhesus) system.

I know that the information above may be confusing,but the good news is that you can continue this walk with me as l give you simple but useful information about blood group that may save your life or that of a relation or friend.

Why do I need to know my blood group?

1.Your blood type helps health workers to know what type of blood to be transfused you when you require blood transfusion
2.blood type or group helps health workers to decide with precision if a particular donor blood matches the recipient’s.

3.In emergency situation like a road traffic accident or terrorist attack where victims suffer massive blood loss,victims with their blood group captured on their I.D cards.
More @ http://9jawow.com.ng/2017/10/27/what-does-my-blood-group-mean/

(1) (Reply)

FDA, Stakeholders To Make Ghana Unfavourable Destination For Fake Drugs / BAD Breath--causes And Symptoms / Save Shaibu Abdulrahman: An Urgent Appeal For A Helpless Ailing Kogi Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.