Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,196 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

A Mistake About Tricycle ? (keke) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / A Mistake About Tricycle ? (keke) (684 Views)

Piaggio Tricycle Keke Available Here @ 2.5mil / Tvs King Tricycle Keke Maruwa For Sale / Tricycle(keke Maruwa) For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Mistake About Tricycle ? (keke) by CrEaToRmalden(m): 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2017
Recently, the rate of accident has reduced to it best minimum in some parts of the country, all thanks to keke as we all term it here in Nigeria, even though accidents still occurs, but the areas where these THREE WHEELER MOTORCYCLES operate has a lower chance of experiencing any critical road accident.
One might wonder why I opted in to using an upper case for the above words, well, the reason is because I want to emphasize on it and also learn as well. Most road users call this auto "keke" and formally refer to it as tricycle forgetting that a tricycle is actually a three wheel drive without an engine. If a cycle with two wheels and no engine is called bicycle and a cycle with two wheels powered by an engine is called motorcycle then the official name for "keke" should not be tricycle but something else right ?
This I know is something we shouldn't bother about but we sometimes need to be aware of the right thing, due to recent increase in the marketing of these autos especially here in Uyo, the wholesalers now label it as TRICYCLE and the public now see and know it as tricycle which is wrong, this might just be the case of the BISCUIT BONE or BRISKET BONE ish where we all accepted the right thing at the end. with all this being written, the actual and formal name for Keke is A THREE WHEELER MOTORCYCLE not TRICYCLE.
If tricycle were to be correct, then a QUAD BIKE will be QUADCYCLE.
As long as a keke has an engine or is engine powered, it can't be a tricycle.
some of us own tricycles at home and we call it bicycle. forgetting that Bi, Tri means something. Anything powered by engine mostly have motor named after it.

below are tricycles.

Re: A Mistake About Tricycle ? (keke) by Mexzy4sho(m): 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2017
So brother, whats the new name?
Re: A Mistake About Tricycle ? (keke) by Turks: 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2017
Lol
Re: A Mistake About Tricycle ? (keke) by CrEaToRmalden(m): 8:06pm On Nov 17, 2017
Mexzy4sho:
So brother, whats the new name?

lol, it's actually THREE WHEELER MOTORCYCLE.
Re: A Mistake About Tricycle ? (keke) by Ssathugit: 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2021
Before riding a bike, you should follow important rules. My wife doesn't know how to ride a regular bike and so I decided to buy her a tricycle on https://buytricycle.com/ with free shipping. The most important thing I learned is that the tires must be properly inflated

(1) (Reply)

Pristine 2008 Accord For Sale @ 1.490m / SOLD!!!: Camry LE 2005 Leather 4 Plug Toks #I.75M 08096577304 / Neatly Used 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe. Available In Port Harcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.