Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,693 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million (10194 Views)

2 Yahoo Boys Kill Their Friend In Osun For Being Richer Than Them / Court Jails 2 Yahoo Boys For N1.3 Billion Fraud In Benin. / 2 Yahoo Boys Fight Over Stolen Clients In Ibadan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Ahamefuna0001(m): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2017
A US-based Nigerian businessman was dazed in Lagos, when land agents led him to the lagoon after the part-payment for 150 plots offered for N787.5 million.

Kennedy Chukwuemeka Nwabuoku told detectives led by DCP Abutu Yaro, at the Force Criminal Investigations and Intelligence Department (FCIID), Alagbon, how he had paid N577, 590, 792 in installments among other charges, plus another N18million for bush clearing in February, and how the agents were sending him pictures and videos of caterpillars in action at the purported site at Ifedele Agunbiade Village, Sangotedo, in Eti-Osa area of Lagos.

Nwabuoku told the police that he bought the unseen land with a foreign partner and had paid in fiduciary trust, sending monies on different occasions through his company, KenBouk Global Investment Ltd.
Identified as Emeka Okoronkwo and Michael Owolabi Alonge, the agents, according to Nwabuoku, had offered the land for sale at N5, 250, 000 per plot with Certificate of Occupancy (C of O).

NewsmakersNG learnt that members of Nwabuoku’s family in Nigeria who wanted to see the site were told that the land was in an area bought by prominent Nigerians like former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Oba Riliwanu Akiolu, and it was cordoned off so that ordinary citizens could not gain access.

When he became suspicious, Nwabuoku sent the C of O to a friend to verify, and the friend found that no such land or location described in the document existed.

He decided to visit Nigeria and inspect the land for which he had paid the property agent, Okoronkwo, who was identified as owner of Kings Court Realtors at Plot 321A, Akin Ogunlewe Street, Victoria Island.
When he was quizzed by the police on November 8, 2017, Okoronkwo allegedly admitted that he collected N603, 000, 000 for 100 plots, agency fees and legal fees through transfers to Kings Court Realtors’ accounts in two banks.

Detectives found that Nwabuoku transferred the monies in the following order over a period: N229, 000, 000, N86, 000, 000, N120, 000, 000, N41, 300, 000, N11, 291, 000, and N90, 000, 000.
They also found that the C of O given to Nwabuoku is a fake one, and that Alonge who introduced him to Okoronkwo “masterminded the fraud”.

According to the detectives, fictitious persons were listed in the Deed of Assignment that the suspected fraudsters also gave to Nwabuoku.

When Nwabuoku arrived and insisted he must see the site before further payments, Alonge allegedly took him to a location far inside a wooded area that led to the lagoon with canoes going back and forth.
“Mr Michael Owolabi Alonge started pointing around and towards the lagoon, as if he was not sure where the land is anymore,” Nwabuoku stated in his petition to the police.

When Nwabuoku, who had been given no receipt, asked for a refund, he said that the suspects had threatened to kill him if he fails to keep quiet on the transaction.

Detectives have completed their investigation and the matter has been charged to court with Sgt Morufu Animashaun as police lawyer.

NewsmakersNG learnt that Alonge is on the run.
There was an arrest warrant for Okoronkwo who allegedly received the payments, and he will appear in court on December 5.

The case is pending before Chief Magistrate (Mrs) Abimbola Komolafe of Magistrate Court 3, Igbosere, in Lagos.

Culled from NewsmakersNG

http://gossipmillnigeria.com/2017/11/fraudsters-reportedly-sell-lagos-lagoon-for-n787million/

Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Ahamefuna0001(m): 10:16am On Nov 18, 2017
more

1 Share

Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 18, 2017
sad

These boys are my heroes for the week.
Don't ask me why?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by thesicilian: 10:19am On Nov 18, 2017
Lol. Reminds me of this song by Nkem Owoh:

Verse 1
I don suffer, no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all, no
Na him make I join this business

419 no be thief, it's just a game
Everybody dey play am
If anybody fall mugu,
Ha, my brother I go chop am

Chorus
National Airport na me get am
National Stadium na me build am
President na my sister brother
You be the mugu, I be the master

Oyinbo man I go chop your dollar
I go take your money and disappear
419 is just a game
You are the loser, I am the winner

The refinery na me get am
The contract, na you I go give am
But you go pay me small money make I bring am
Na me be the master oh

Verse 2
When Oyinbo play wayo
Dem go say na new style
When country man do him own
Them go dey shout
Bring am, kill am, die!
But Oyinbo people greedy (dem greedy)
I say them greedy (dem greedy)
I don't see them tire
That's why when they fall into my trap o
I dey show them fire

11 Likes

Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Papiikush: 10:22am On Nov 18, 2017
Y'all Gees are getting too good in this grin
Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Larryfest(m): 10:22am On Nov 18, 2017
Boys don hammer be dat...

1 Like

Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by MaryBenn(f): 10:33am On Nov 18, 2017
You want to buy a whole lagoon grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don't have the fear of God oo grin

4 Likes

Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by RaaGhu: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2017
Well, this one na combined effort!

No victor, no vanquished!
Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2017
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Sirseedorf(m): 9:37am On Jun 19, 2023
grin grin angry angry angry angry grin

A whole lagoon, some people potential abode for jumping when hearing good news...

Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Caleb15(m): 10:08am On Jun 19, 2023
[quote author=thesicilian post=62486837]Lol. Reminds me of this song by Nkem Owoh:

[b] Verse 1
I don suffer, no be small
Upon say I get sense
Poverty no good at all, no
Na him make I join this business

419 no be thief, it's just a game
Everybody dey play am
If anybody fall mugu,
Ha, my brother I go chop am

Chorus
National Airport na me get am
National Stadium na me build am
President na my sister brother

Oyinbo man I go chop your dollar
I go take your money and disappear
419 is just a game
You are the loser, I am the winner

The refinery na me get am
The contract, na you I go give am
But you go pay me small money make I bring am
Na me be the master oh

Verse 2
When Oyinbo play wayo
Dem go say na new style
When country man do him own
Them go dey shout
Bring am, kill am, die!
But Oyinbo people greedy (dem greedy)
I say them greedy (dem greedy)
I don see them tire
That's why when they fall into my trap
Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by mysticwarrior(m): 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
This one na higher profiled fraud.

1 Like

Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Fintiri: 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
And helinues is still looking for a job ?

1 Like

Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by emperor4love(m): 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
U liv ur homeland go buy land fr another man land
Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by delpee(f): 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
He should have asked his people to confirm the validity of the C of O at the Land Registry in Alausa before payment.
Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ahamefuna0001:
A US-based Nigerian businessman was dazed in Lagos, when land agents led him to the lagoon after the part-payment for 150 plots offered for N787.5 million.

Kennedy Chukwuemeka Nwabuoku told detectives led by DCP Abutu Yaro, at the Force Criminal Investigations and Intelligence Department (FCIID), Alagbon, how he had paid N577, 590, 792 in installments among other charges, plus another N18million for bush clearing in February, and how the agents were sending him pictures and videos of caterpillars in action at the purported site at Ifedele Agunbiade Village, Sangotedo, in Eti-Osa area of Lagos.

Nwabuoku told the police that he bought the unseen land with a foreign partner and had paid in fiduciary trust, sending monies on different occasions through his company, KenBouk Global Investment Ltd.
Identified as Emeka Okoronkwo and Michael Owolabi Alonge, the agents, according to Nwabuoku, had offered the land for sale at N5, 250, 000 per plot with Certificate of Occupancy (C of O).

NewsmakersNG learnt that members of Nwabuoku’s family in Nigeria who wanted to see the site were told that the land was in an area bought by prominent Nigerians like former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Oba Riliwanu Akiolu, and it was cordoned off so that ordinary citizens could not gain access.

When he became suspicious, Nwabuoku sent the C of O to a friend to verify, and the friend found that no such land or location described in the document existed.

He decided to visit Nigeria and inspect the land for which he had paid the property agent, Okoronkwo, who was identified as owner of Kings Court Realtors at Plot 321A, Akin Ogunlewe Street, Victoria Island.
When he was quizzed by the police on November 8, 2017, Okoronkwo allegedly admitted that he collected N603, 000, 000 for 100 plots, agency fees and legal fees through transfers to Kings Court Realtors’ accounts in two banks.

Detectives found that Nwabuoku transferred the monies in the following order over a period: N229, 000, 000, N86, 000, 000, N120, 000, 000, N41, 300, 000, N11, 291, 000, and N90, 000, 000.
They also found that the C of O given to Nwabuoku is a fake one, and that Alonge who introduced him to Okoronkwo “masterminded the fraud”.

According to the detectives, fictitious persons were listed in the Deed of Assignment that the suspected fraudsters also gave to Nwabuoku.

When Nwabuoku arrived and insisted he must see the site before further payments, Alonge allegedly took him to a location far inside a wooded area that led to the lagoon with canoes going back and forth.
“Mr Michael Owolabi Alonge started pointing around and towards the lagoon, as if he was not sure where the land is anymore,” Nwabuoku stated in his petition to the police.

When Nwabuoku, who had been given no receipt, asked for a refund, he said that the suspects had threatened to kill him if he fails to keep quiet on the transaction.

Detectives have completed their investigation and the matter has been charged to court with Sgt Morufu Animashaun as police lawyer.

NewsmakersNG learnt that Alonge is on the run.
There was an arrest warrant for Okoronkwo who allegedly received the payments, and he will appear in court on December 5.

The case is pending before Chief Magistrate (Mrs) Abimbola Komolafe of Magistrate Court 3, Igbosere, in Lagos.

Culled from NewsmakersNG

http://gossipmillnigeria.com/2017/11/fraudsters-reportedly-sell-lagos-lagoon-for-n787million/

He no wise, jus young looking but na [b]"70 years old man" [/b]u know the rest.
Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by AQUMLA(m): 11:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
Was this real or a cooked story pls
Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Countyguy: 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
AQUMLA:
A cooked story of course. The sory don't just just add up
Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Countyguy: 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2023
AQUMLA:
A cooked story of course. The story don't just just add up
Re: 2 Yahoo Boys Sell Lagos Lagoon To American Based Business Man For N787million by Digixtreme: 1:03am On Jun 21, 2023
Seriously!!! This is trash story

(1) (Reply)

Court Hears Kidnapper Evans’ Case Against Police On July 13 / U.S Pastor Shot Dead By Wife & Boyfriend After Having 3Some(Pics) / Shocker!!! My Husband Is A Serial R.a.p.i.s.t

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.