Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,740 members, 7,955,825 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

How Do I Remove 'ghost (inactive) Followers' On Instagram? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Remove 'ghost (inactive) Followers' On Instagram? (751 Views)

Google To Delete Inactive Gmail Accounts By December 1 / Meet Qai Qai, The Black Doll That Has Over 120,000 Followers On Instagram. / Please Guys How Do I Remove This From My Phone (screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Remove 'ghost (inactive) Followers' On Instagram? by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 18, 2017
There is a large margin between my followers and the likes/comments I get on post. My Instagram account is mainly to promote my brand n not for slayking paparazi so I try as much as possible to get enough audience but it isn't working to an extent.

I read about an algorithm that Instagram uses to push post on followers timeline. I might not explain well but try n follow. For instance, you have 2000 followers and on a average you get 200 likes/comments i.e 10% of your Instagram followers. Instagram uses that percentage to push your post to your followers thus it is likely your post comes first on their feed.

On the other hand, if you increase your follwership (I'm sure that word ain't correct) to about 10,000 with the hopes of more activities on your post n it happens that you don't get it, then the percentage of your likes/comments to your followers would drop n might even be 2% according to the previous figures. This new development would definitely reduce the number of followers that would be able to view your post n that 2% can even reduce to 0.02. Ain't that scary?!

For me, as I've mentioned earlier, my IG account is precious to me n it's mainly to build my brand cause the most effective form of advertisement now is the internet n you'd agree that getting 'active followers' is the main deal.

So I really wantu know how to remove them from my followers list and build a really good active 'followers' base
Thank you.

lalasticlala
Re: How Do I Remove 'ghost (inactive) Followers' On Instagram? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
Unfollow them first, but the numbers helps though, i get to think your brand its big when the numbers are big
Re: How Do I Remove 'ghost (inactive) Followers' On Instagram? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2017
CarlyX8:
Unfollow them first, but the numbers helps though, i get to think your brand its big when the numbers are big

I beg to differ.
Here's why.
Most of the followers you might have would end up being ghost followers that do not see your post neither do they male any attempt to like your post at all.

So the numbers would end up being numbers without value
Re: How Do I Remove 'ghost (inactive) Followers' On Instagram? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2017
Gbadegesin19:

I beg to differ.
Here's why.
Most of the followers you might have would end up being ghost followers that do not see your post neither do they male any attempt to like your post at all.

So the numbers would end up being numbers without value
True, but that they do not like your post does not really mean that they didn't see it.
If it's on Facebook, they will tell you who viewed your post, even if they didn't like it.
For me i rather have many followers than less followers, whether they give me likes or not, i just hope they see it.
Re: How Do I Remove 'ghost (inactive) Followers' On Instagram? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2017
CarlyX8:

True, but that they do not like your post does not really mean that they didn't see it.
If it's on Facebook, they will tell you who viewed your post, even if they didn't like it.
For me i rather have many followers than less followers, whether they give me likes or not, i just hope they see it.

That's the problem.
Instagram is for business, the owners makes money from it with above algorithm it'll keep reducing those who can see your post at the top of their timeline immediately they come online.

Does it make any sense to have 4000 followers and be having just 20-40 likes?

This is the reason why you must be able to identify your audience n sell your brand directly to them instead of the much followers.
Re: How Do I Remove 'ghost (inactive) Followers' On Instagram? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2017
Gbadegesin19:

That's the problem.
Instagram is for business, the owners makes money from it with above algorithm it'll keep reducing those who can see your post at the top of their timeline immediately they come online.

Does it make any sense to have 4000 followers and be having just 20-40 likes?

This is the reason why you must be able to identify your audience n sell your brand directly to them instead of the much followers.

It does not, maybe your target followers are not really into the type of products your brand is advertising
But bro make we swap followers, if it's possible
Re: How Do I Remove 'ghost (inactive) Followers' On Instagram? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2017
The app i mentioned here https://www.netsocialblog.com/2017/09/find-people-who-who-unfollowed-on-instagram.html though is to help fish out those who Unfollow you on Instagram

I think it still allows you to find out those who are ghost followers (not interacting with your post) and also to Unfollow them

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Web Browsers For Android Devices In 2018 / Lenovo P1m For Sale In Kaduna. 2gb Ram, 16gb Rom,etc. / Instagram Introduces Text-only Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.