Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

She Plans To Commit Suicide: Help - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Plans To Commit Suicide: Help (567 Views)

Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges / Catholic Church Plans To Transfer Mbaka / There Are Plans To Assassinate Buhari – Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Plans To Commit Suicide: Help by AloyEmeka5: 11:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
My medical study hangs for switching to Christianity

I am a medical student in one of the Northern based universities in Nigeria.

The problem I am about to share started while in secondary school, when I developed interest in Christianity. This was despite being from a very strict Islamic family with a father who wasn’t only an Islamic teacher, but also a very fanatical one ready to do anything in the interest of his religion.

I sometimes sneaked to church when he wasn’t around or the coast sufficiently clear enough for me.

Somehow he found out and I instantly became his number one enemy so much so he threatened to stop me from going to school and marrying me off to a man his age.

Shortly after he found out the particular church I was sneaking to for service, it was gutted by a mysterious fire said to be an accident, yet I know who must have sent people to set the place ablaze.

During my brief interactions with Christians, I leant something important: prayer is the key to solving all problems.

Agatha, right now I’m so scared. I have come to cherish the freedom of Christianity where I really want to be.

I have begged my father to allow me complete my programme, but he has given the condition that he would only agree to my request if I denounce my new faith and return to Islam. He called me a disgrace to the family. Although I don’t want to go back, I have dreamt of becoming a surgeon.

I am so confused. Do I commit suicide? Would I go to heaven if I take my own life? I need help, advice and encouragement from real Christians. Is this what it takes to became a Christian-so much suffering and emotional torture? I might not have the chance to read your advice on your page, that is why I am giving my number, 07055657904 and email alayuaminna@yahoo.com, just for your prayers because the pressure is to much on me now.

I decided to share my own story and problem with you after I read about one Mr. Abdul sometime last year. I called him; he sounded so happy as told me his new life in Christianity is the best now. He told me to be strong that God will see me through. He also told me about who helped him. Beg I want to join the Christian family because that is where my heart belongs.

Amina.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/mar/23/401.html
Re: She Plans To Commit Suicide: Help by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 23, 2010
wow just wow!

something struck me -

Is this what it takes to became a Christian-so much suffering and emotional torture?

My dear YES - James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Even the Saviour did not find the road easy but he that endures to the end . . . the same shall be saved. I pray that Jesus keeps you, continues to uplift you and hold you in His loving arms. This is only temporary.

On the corollary . . . i'm sure you might be asking too . . . is this what it means to be a Muslim - so much violence, hatred and suffering?
Re: She Plans To Commit Suicide: Help by AloyEmeka5: 11:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
davidylan:

On the corollary . . . i'm sure you might be asking too . . . is this what it means to be a Muslim - so much violence, hatred and suffering?

is this not the Islamic definition of love?
Re: She Plans To Commit Suicide: Help by benodic: 1:06am On Mar 24, 2010
it is a real pity that many people has not learnt how to give others their spiritual freedom. i hope that moslems will read this post and ponder over it viz-a- viz trying to convert people to their religion. of what use is it to join a religion that will not allow you to leave when you want to. it is quite pathetic. every soul has the right to join any religion that he/she wants to and no body has the right to deny anyone that right.
Re: She Plans To Commit Suicide: Help by AloyEmeka5: 1:41am On Mar 25, 2010
I might not have the chance to read your advice on your page, that is why I am giving my number, 07055657904 and email alayuaminna@yahoo.com, just for your prayers because the pressure is to much on me now.

If you can, do write her an email. Please, if you don't know what to write, just let it be instead of abusing her for changing her religion.

(1) (Reply)

Elton John:Jesus Was Gay / Are You Saved? And You Want To Keep It? Then Read This / Pope Benedict (xvi) Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.