Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Can Any Of Our Leaders In Nigeria Do This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Any Of Our Leaders In Nigeria Do This? (387 Views)

Religious Leaders In The North Appeal To Davido For Help / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Money Ritual In Nigeria: Do You Have Any Evidence It Works? (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Any Of Our Leaders In Nigeria Do This? by DrGaius(m): 3:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
In his farewell speech, Samuel said in 1 Samuel 12 (NIV):

12 Samuel said to all Israel, “I have listened to everything you said to me and have set a king over you.

2 Now you have a king as your leader. As for me, I am old and gray, and my sons are here with you. I have been your leader from my youth until this day.

3 Here I stand. Testify against me in the presence of the Lord and his anointed. Whose ox have I taken? Whose donkey have I taken? Whom have I cheated? Whom have I oppressed? From whose hand have I accepted a bribe to make me shut my eyes? If I have done any of these things, I will make it right.”

4 “You have not cheated or oppressed us,” they replied. “You have not taken anything from anyone’s hand.”

5 Samuel said to them, “The Lord is
witness against you, and also his anointed is witness this day, that you have not found anything in my hand. ”
“He is witness,” they said.

Now my question is, can this happen in Nigeria?

Can our leaders both past and present be bold to say this in the open like Samuel did?
Re: Can Any Of Our Leaders In Nigeria Do This? by greatnaija01: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2017
WHO ARE YOU ASKING?

DO YOU THINK THEY ARE ON NAIRALAND?

IF YOU WOULD BE A LEADER TOMORROW THEN ASK YOURSELF THE QUESTIONS BY THEN.

DrGaius:
In his farewell speech, Samuel said in 1 Samuel 12 (NIV):

12 Samuel said to all Israel, “I have listened to everything you said to me and have set a king over you.

2 Now you have a king as your leader. As for me, I am old and gray, and my sons are here with you. I have been your leader from my youth until this day.

3 Here I stand. Testify against me in the presence of the Lord and his anointed. Whose ox have I taken? Whose donkey have I taken? Whom have I cheated? Whom have I oppressed? From whose hand have I accepted a bribe to make me shut my eyes? If I have done any of these things, I will make it right.”

4 “You have not cheated or oppressed us,” they replied. “You have not taken anything from anyone’s hand.”

5 Samuel said to them, “The Lord is
witness against you, and also his anointed is witness this day, that you have not found anything in my hand. ”
“He is witness,” they said.

Now my question is, can this happen in Nigeria?

Can our leaders both past and present be bold to say this in the open like Samuel did?
Re: Can Any Of Our Leaders In Nigeria Do This? by DrGaius(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
greatnaija01:
WHO ARE YOU ASKING?

DO YOU THINK THEY ARE ON NAIRALAND?

IF YOU WOULD BE A LEADER TOMORROW THEN ASK YOURSELF THE QUESTIONS BY THEN.

Obviously, bro, am asking Nairalanders and not the leaders.

Re: Can Any Of Our Leaders In Nigeria Do This? by Nutase: 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
Buhari and main a cheesy grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: Can Any Of Our Leaders In Nigeria Do This? by 0temAtum: 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
If not that Saul was afraid to speak, he would have countered all the things that Samuel Ekwueme spoke up there.

Samuel:

Saul: Baba Samu are you for real or you had short term memory? The donkeys, oxen and goats which belong to Agag and his people, were you not the person who said that we should take it from them and kill all of them? Baba Samo, from the day I began to rule as king till now, you haven't stopped tormenting and oppressing me. You keep on threatening me baba. You threatened that Yahweh will remove me from my position. You even oppressed me by anointing another person as king while I am still a king. Can any form of oppression be more than this? Did you not kill Agag whom I spared? You did this against my wish baba Samo. How can you murder someone in cold-blood baba Samo? cry cry cry

@OP, if you are in position of power, no matter all the evil you have done, you can still say all these and go scot-free, because the people you offended will be scared of challenging you to your face because of the danger they would be subjecting their lives to. In my own perspective, Samuel in the bible only wielded the power of authority on the people and they dare not challenge him to his face. Those he didn't harm at all were the people who said, you have not cheated us, bla bla bla, but those he harmed actually kept mute because they were scared of losing their lives.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(tue. 21/11/2017) Look To Jesus And See Heaven / Anybody There? Please I Need Your Help Urgently. / Shiloh 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.