Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth (1308 Views)

Fans React As Mayorkun Cuts Off His Dreads, Shares Pix With Front Teeth Missing / Timaya Buys A Maybach And G Wagon For Christmas / Gordons: I Was Born With 7 Teeth & My Parents Wanted Me Dead Because Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth by seunmohmoh(f): 4:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
A PRETTY young model is desperate to get her smile back after her teeth were smashed out in an alleged 'hit and run'.

Brunette Maz Smith was knocked unconscious when a van struck her as she stepped onto a zebra crossing outside Lewes Station, near Brighton.Maz, 23, took this snap as she waited for an ambulance after a van ploughed into her face.When the 23-year-old lingerie designer came around, she was covered in blood with a laceration to her lip and a tooth scattered on the ground.

After police tracked down the culprit, who - according to witnesses - was speeding and didn't stop after he mowed Maz down, the company employing him promised they would cover all her dental costs.

"All I want is my teeth back and an apology before Christmas," Maz told The Sun Online.

Maz added she was grateful for the offer and didn't blame the driver, who she thought was probably unaware of the damage he had done.Describing the horrific smash, she claims she quickly checked oncoming traffic and noticed cars slowing down for her as she stepped onto the crossing.

"Then everything went black," she said, as a vehicle slammed into the right side of her head.

"The entire impact was to my face. My head hit the floor which is why it's now swelling."

A witness has has given further details about the crash, which happened outside metres from the station entrance at 9:30am on Thursday morning.The pretty designer took this grinning selfie - with her pearly whites intact - just two days before the alleged hit and run Waitress Rosie Vaughan, 24, was standing outside the Lewes station on her break when she witnessed the crash.

She told The Sun Online: "I heard a bang but I didn't really know what it was. When I looked over I saw a van or a car driving off and a guy was helping her up.

"I initially thought she'd fallen over but I saw she had blood all over her face and it registered in my head that she had been hit by the car.
"I went over and she was crouching on the floor and I was like 'are you alright' and she said 'no I've just been hit by a van'.

"There was another lady there who gave her baby wipes because she was just covered in blood.

"She split her lip open, like full on split it in the corner. Her tooth was out... it was on her leg.
"Everyone kind of stopped and just said 'what the hell just happened?'

"There was another lady there who gave her baby wipes because she was just covered in blood.

"She split her lip open, like full on split it in the corner. Her tooth was out... it was on her leg.
"Her other teeth were knocked sideways and chipped.

"The guy that helped her up said 'someone phone an ambulance'.

"The car didn't stop. I just saw it driving off. It was definitely hit and run."

When she eventually came round, Maz said she remembers people around her saying: "He swore at you and drove off. What an a***hole".
"Another lady wrapped it in tissue and put it in her bad. Police told Maz the motorist later returned to the scene asking if he had been involved but was turned away by officers who thought he wasn't connected.

But the driver was 'caught' when police checked CCTV footage taken outside the train station and spotted his van.

A spokeswoman for Sussex Police confirmed a hit and run was initially reported at the scene. Over an hour later officers spoke to the van driver when he returned to the scene, she added.

Maz also blasted the NHS after her ordeal was made worse when she was rushed to St James Hospital, in Brighton. She claims she was discharged without scans or a proper check and was forced to tend to her own wounds and even remove a tooth fragment lodged in the lacerated area.

"I was waiting in A&E for hours and saw people whose conditions seemed less urgent than mine being prioritised. I thought it was weird as I was bleeding profusely from my face with teeth missing and broken," she said.

When she was finally seen, she claims docs only gave her a quick 3-minute check to see if she was concussed.

"It really was not thorough at all. [The nurse] just looked at my lip, looked at my head, briefly looked at my spine and was like 'go home you need to see a dentist'.

Maz says she was told she didn't need stitches on her lip and was refused a referral to the emergency dentist.

To her horror, medical staff then said too much time had passed for them to realign her teeth.

"I kind of flipped out a bit as I was leaving and slammed the door and started crying hysterically.

"One of the paramedics came up to me and asked what's wrong, and I said 'You f***ing people! I'm half tempted to vote Tory to watch you guys crumble!'

"I was sent home and I was unable to close my mouth. There was actually a big chunk of tissue missing from my lip.

"I had to sterilise it myself with salt water and pick a fragment of one of my teeth out with tweezers."

Luckily, one of Maz's pals came to the rescue and told his mum - a dentist - about what happened. She was seen and given free treatment her teeth have been partially realigned.

The private practitioner was reportedly "horrified" that she had not been given stitches and installed a reinforcing splint behind her battered teeth.

"It's never gonna be the same as it was, but she straightened up my front teeth. I'll take what I can get at this point," Maz added.

Re: All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth by seunmohmoh(f): 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
more pic

Re: All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2017
all i want for christmas is 10gb of MTN data 2 watch shiloh 2017 and the experience live on my phone since i was not able 2 get permission to come to cannanland. 08169827645 IS MY number . tanx in anticipation.
Re: All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth by kllinxman(m): 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2017
A good chance to take your modeling career to the next level..... Get a gold teeth...
Re: All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth by Virus777: 5:40am On Nov 27, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:
all i want for christmas is 10gb of MTN data 2 watch shiloh 2017 and the experience live on my phone since i was not able 2 get permission to come to cannanland. 08169827645 IS MY number . tanx in anticipation.

It's obvious all you need for christmas is a husband.
Re: All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth by HRHQueenPhil(f): 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2017
Virus777:

It's obvious all you need for christmas is a husband.

must u comment?

(1) (Reply)

Winner Of BBNAIJA 2018 To Go Home With 45M / Love Is In The Air - Cristiano Ronaldo And Girlfriend Stylish In New Photo / Where Is Ooni OF Ife's EX Wife, Queen Zaynab Otiti Obanor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.