Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Extreme Jealousy In Relationships - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Extreme Jealousy In Relationships (405 Views)

Better Health: Secrets Of Success In Relationships & Marriages! / Heavily Pregnant Lady Shares Extreme Workout Photos / 7 Ways To Prepare For Extreme Heat, As Dry Season Approaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Extreme Jealousy In Relationships by drtee247(m): 8:39am On Nov 20, 2017
After the news of the woman who murdered her husband broke, we all ( I inclusive) went emotional and were condemnin her for the ungodly act. It is indeed horrendous and abhorrent, but later in the night I read elsewhere that a similar scenario had played out in Kano a few weeks ago where the culpritis the husband and the wife being the victim. The woman's action was said to be incited by jealousy and the writer asked what could have instigated the cold-blooded murder of the woman by her husband? I also remembered a scenario when a newly weddedlady called in a live radio program at past midnight onLiberty Radio asking that the listeners should pray for her as she has been pummeled and locked up in her house by her husband. She said what led to that was because he met a young man by his car ( the husband's) trying to ask her out after the husband has left to place order in one of the eateries. The husband made sure he got the unfortunate young man detained before he proceeded to maul the woman. The callers were divided as some blamed the woman while others blamed the husband and some shared the blame among the couple proportionately.Only last night after reading about the other unfortunate case from Kano did I remember Dr. Jika's lecture when he took us on delusional disorders, pathological jealousy ( Othello syndrome) in particular.What is pathological jealousy?Pathological jealousy is a psychological disorder in which a person is preoccupied by jealousy of a spouse/partner to an abnormal degree to an extent where the patient suspects his partner of infidelity even though he/she cannot establish an evidence to that in most cases. This leads to stalking on a partner, restriction of a partner's social circle, interrogation of phones and other items for evidence, accusations and subsequently violence which if left unchecked may culminate in homicide.Is it possible that what we have in hand are cases of pathological jealousy? Is it possible that those wives/husband being abused by their spouses on suspicion of unfaithfulness are victims of pathological jealousy?MY TAKE:We should be quick to note, report and avoid a partner who exhibits jealousy in the excess of normaluntil they seek treatment with a psychiatrist.We should not stick with the abuser because of love as most cases of pathological jealousy culminate in homicide.And the society has to recognize and accept pathological jealousy as an illness just like we do depression and therefore the need to help the sufferer (abuser) and the victim(abused) access andattain medical intervention from a qualified medical professional ( a psychiatrist )
Dr Anas Ibrahim Jumare
cc lalasticlala mynd44 dominique ishylove

(1) (Reply)

List Of Foods That Can Help You Lower Your Blood Pressure Quickly / Why I Don’t Believe In Strict Diets & You Shouldn’t Either / Qa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.