Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,314 members, 7,829,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

User Experience Of Mercedes GL450 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / User Experience Of Mercedes GL450 (2059 Views)

Price slash!! Accident free Full option Mercedes GL450 for 5.8m / SOLD!!!Registered 2011 Mercedes GL450 4matic (Grand Edition). Asking: ₦5,500,000 / »»» Neat Mercedes GL450 09 @ N4.5M Negotiable ««« (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

User Experience Of Mercedes GL450 by Yababoy(m): 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2017
I am about to get a Mercedes Benz GL450, 2008 Model. Is there anyone that has experience about this ride here in terms of reliability, ruggedity, maintenance cost and possibly resale value?
Re: User Experience Of Mercedes GL450 by Kufie(m): 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
Yababoy:
I am about to get a Mercedes Benz GL450, 2008 Model. Is there anyone that has experience about this ride here in terms of reliability, ruggedity, maintenance cost and possibly resale value?

Reliability - check
Ruggedity - check
Maintenance cost - high but worth it
Resale value - Relatively weak/low.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: User Experience Of Mercedes GL450 by Yababoy(m): 10:27am On Nov 21, 2017
Kufie:

Reliability - check
Ruggedity - check
Maintenance cost - high but worth it
Resale value - Relatively weak/low.
Thanks for your reply. I deeply appreciate it...Just a further question on the resale value, do you have any idea why it is weak. Thanks again.
Re: User Experience Of Mercedes GL450 by essegis(m): 10:33am On Nov 21, 2017
Yababoy:

Love this topic. I'm doing one for myself too but so surprised why there are many naija used in the market. So I went to YouTube to find out more about it. Saw a woman lamenting about buying it, swore never to drive a Benz again because of it. But she also advised that the 2007-2008 were just the problematic ones, others are better.

I like the car myself but presently in limbo about still going for it as the 2009 and above are beyond my budget. Also the car remains expensive.
Re: User Experience Of Mercedes GL450 by Yababoy(m): 10:45am On Nov 21, 2017
essegis:

Love this topic. I'm doing one for myself too but so surprised why there are many naija used in the market. So I went to YouTube to find out more about it. Saw a woman lamenting about buying it, swore never to drive a Benz again because of it. But she also advised that the 2007-2008 were just the problematic ones, others are better.

I like the car myself but presently in limbo about still going for it as the 2009 and above are beyond my budget. Also the car remains expensive.
We are definitely in the same state. smiley I guess there are people that are willing to share their first hand experience of the ride here.
@ Kufie: Another additional question, I am getting it for the Mrs and she drives about 30km to work and for school runs daily. Do you think its an ideal ride for this. I know there are other options, but we both are in love with the ride and would like to know more before we commit to getting one.
Re: User Experience Of Mercedes GL450 by Kufie(m): 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
Yababoy:

Thanks for your reply. I deeply appreciate it...Just a further question on the resale value, do you have any idea why it is weak. Thanks again.

I can't say exactly but if I had to point out some factors, it'll be the engine. You know how the average Nigerian is afraid of anything above 4 cylinder (because e dey drink fuel). Another reason is maintenance cost. People want to pay less to keep their cars running not minding if they're paying this "less" more often than people who pay more. Now about using it as a daily driver, it's great in my opinion being that it's a spacious and comfortable ride Still a bliss for the long road trips. Try to go for models higher than the first issue (2007-2008). It's advisable to do so for cars that are newly introduced as possible errors/faults are likely to be corrected in later models.

1 Like

Re: User Experience Of Mercedes GL450 by Yababoy(m): 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2017
Kufie:

I can't say exactly but if I had to point out some factors, it'll be the engine. You know how the average Nigerian is afraid of anything above 4 cylinder (because e dey drink fuel). Another reason is maintenance cost. People want to pay less to keep their cars running not minding if they're paying this "less" more often than people who pay more. Now about using it as a daily driver, it's great in my opinion being that it's a spacious and comfortable ride Still a bliss for the long road trips. Try to go for models higher than the first issue (2007-2008). It's advisable to do so for cars that are newly introduced as possible errors/faults are likely to be corrected in later models.
Thanks for this. Very helpful comment.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pre-order Tesla Model S: 60, 60d, 75d, 85d, 90d, 100d... (28m) / »»» Neat Venza 010 @ N3.5M Non Negotiable ««« / Ad Renewed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.