Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,510 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka (4734 Views)

Brother Wale / Wole Soyinka: "InterInventions", My New Book Will Draw Blood / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Prize In 1986 (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka by ekene16(m): 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2010
who is the best between wale soyinka and patrick obahiagbon in termr of verbosity
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka by emiwanlee(m): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2010
obahigbon is a nonentity soyinka is an entity
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka by phraoh(m): 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2010
Even though there shouldnt be any basis for comparison between those two as Soyinka is clearly a living giant and an iroko in the literary world.In terms of verbosity,i will give it to Patrick as dat guys English is long-winded and throws the listener off his/her feet.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka by slap1(m): 7:32am On Mar 25, 2010
emiwanlee:

obahigbon is a nonentity soyinka is an entity
Take it easy.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka by thiscounts(m): 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2010
Wole Soyinka speaks English but Partric adds new trend to English Language.I think Patrick is great speaking what has never been spoken before.Kudos bros pls produce a dictionary for Wole Soyinka and the rest of us to learn
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka by alanrewaju: 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2010
The whole essence of speaking is to communicate. Wole speeches enlightens while Pat on the otherhand ends up comfortly confusing his audience.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka by phatmukoro: 10:07am On Sep 03, 2010
obahiagbon is a grandilouent speaker not a communicator
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka by agboifo(f): 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2010
Soyinka speaks to communicate ideas, Obahiagbon speaks to assure himself he has not lost his voice.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka by omofat: 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2010
Absolutely no contest. It is even an insult to put those two names together.

OP please don't do that again
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2010
When it comes 2 d use of big grammer no doubt give it 2 patrick bt when it comes 2 speakin grammer that make sense 2 d ears give it 2 wole shoyinka.I believe d essence of speakin is 2 communicate.Patrick doesn't communicate he only speak while Wole speak n communicate.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 12, 2010
Hmmm. . .two of them bad no be small. I could remember back in the days, precisely FUTO, first year. I had my toughest English exam ever (GST 101 abi 102).

There were about six questions and the printers, or whoever was responsible, forgot to include in the instructions that we should answer just three. Wetin man go do now, we begin attempt all. Mehn questions plenty. You go see like (2.a. iii) and the question will be to draw-up a time-table for an entire weeks activity. It was that bad, a.iii.

I never really don feel Wole Soyinka until [/b]that blessed day. There was this particular emm. . ., wetin dem dey call am sef, shey na passage. Yes, ebi like. The question was to contrast the [b]two cities mentioned in the Wole-Soyinka passage, for where! Nobody in my department saw even one city, not to mention two! Some people can blow grammer o.

As for Patrick Obiahiagbon, his own is a different kettle of fish altogether. The bros never fails to crack me up. In terms of thunderous verbosity and sheer comic appeal, I give it to him, no doubt. Come, you go dey hear stuffs like lugubrius [/i]and [i]kpaskiaris, you wan try! grin.

More seriously, as yorke rightly said, the objective of speaking (most times) is to communicate clearly. If it is so, then your goals would have been defeated if your audience cannot understand what your saying most of the time.

On the other hand, our home boy has gained a lot of notoriety, and even fame, from the character he has created. Do not be surprised that that guy knows EXACTLY what he is doing. If you know the amount of free publicity that character has generated for him, you will be completely shocked. Remember he is a politician and there's nothing like good [/i]or [i]bad [/i]publicity.

"[i]50 Cent is a character I created, and soon it will be time to destroy it and create something else
" - - - Curtis Jackson (50 Cent).

"Even when am railed at, I get my own quota of renown!" - - - Pietro Aretino.

(1) (Reply)

Misty's Stories / Literature To Nigerian Leaders. / The True Meaning Of "SWAG" And Its Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.