Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced (2405 Views)

Owoyemi Tajudeen, From Plumber To owner of 3 Radisson Hotels / When Femi Otedola Was The Largest Owner Of Oil Tankers In Africa (Throwback Pix) / Biography Of Taiwo Afolabi, SIFAX Group CEO, Owner Of Shipping Company, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by annie74(f): 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2017
Good evening everyone,
Yesterday I made a post about receiving a credit alert from an unknown person
www.nairaland.com/4185874/credit-alert-unknown-person

Here's the update
This morning, I called a friend of mine that works with my bank. I narrated everything to him and asked him to help me trace the source of the money and find out if there was a mistake from somewhere. After a while, he called to tell me that it was not a mistake and I can spend the money if I like. I still wasn't satisfied so I asked for the depositor's phone number. He sent it to me and I called. A woman picked up. Initially, she was skeptical about revealing details cause I asked specific questions. I asked for her name and guess what we have the same first name and surname plus we are from the same state. It's funny cause when she asked for my name and I told her, she was like 'how can we bearing the same name? What is the meaning of all this'.

Well she opened the account recently. After collecting her contribution money(she had been saving the money since the beginning of the year) she went to the bank, asked for her account details and she paid in the money. She said she was surprised she didn't get any alert and she felt she would resolve it later not knowing that the money wasn't even in her account at all.
Upon confirmation(teller) her money has been returned to her. She has been praying for me both through calls and messages. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I will end with this quote from George Washington

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be
honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to
be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when
things go wrong"
Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

9 Likes

Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by Felixalex(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2017
Weldone sis., I know many people would say "Na God dash me", Na dis kind situation dem de know say God exists....

It pays to be good, may this good and kind gesture bring u good fortunes...

Imagine someone losing 100k in dis current condition shocked

2 Likes

Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by xxxtedyxxx(m): 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
You did the right thing.

Proverbs 22:1 says...

King James Bible
A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

It's is also much better to give than to receive. You will never know the unknown forces this your good gesture has set into motion. You will surely reap a bountiful harvest in no time.

PS.

I remember with clarity, back in 2008, when I happened on a brand new Sony Ericsson K750i phone. The phone was right there under my reading desk all along. I never knew. I waited for the owner to call, but no one did, so I ended up taking the phone to my hostel.

The owner called late in the night. She was begging me with all seriously, and telling me stories how of how she used her last savings to purchase the device. I laughed at her jokingly, and told her to go back to sleep. I assured her I would hand the phone over to her the next day.

Luckily, we happened to be in the same department. She never believed she would see her phone again. She ended up giving me 2OOO naira for my good gesture.

Two months later, I lost my own phone. After several attempts to reach the line, a man picked up. I explained my predicaments to him, and he laughed. He gave me directions to his house at Bariga.

Without much ado, I set out for Bariga. After several wrong trips, I finally found his house - It was a mansion. After several knocks at the gate, a pot bellied huge man opened the gate. His looked jovial. I introduced myself to him, and he responded with a reassuring smile.

He handed over my Nokia 2200 fluorescent phone to me, then nudged some cash into my dried palms to use as transport back to school. To say I was overjoyed was an understatement.

It Truely Pays To be Good.

4 Likes

Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by annie74(f): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2017
Felixalex:
Weldone sis., I know many people would say "Na God dash me", Na dis kind situation dem de know say God exists....

It pays to be good, may this good and kind gesture bring u good fortunes...

Imagine someone losing 100k in dis current condition shocked

Amen. Thanks
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by forghon: 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2017
I will like to congratulate u cos u have a gift dat millions re lacking. Annie u will succeed in life abeg no forget me ooo. U re one of a kind may God bless u.
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by eezeribe(m): 7:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
You have obeyed the Golden rule... Do unto others what you would want them to do for you... God bless you
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by biggerboyc(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2017
Thanks for this. Are you married, if not we can do our E-wedding on nairaland and prophet Lalasticlala will do the usual
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by khome(f): 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
May God reward u sis
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by rane06(f): 7:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
I followed your previous thread and read comments too. I may not know You, but I just have to say this: I'm proud of You
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by kingofthejungle(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
Lalalalalaa
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2017
smiley

With the power vested on me as the Master of the earth and the caretaker of the universe,

I bless the day you were born
I bless the ground on which you step on.
It will always obey you and do your bidding.
You will never know an unnecessary loss.

All the forces of nature will always defend and protect you and all that matters to you.

Keep being good and good will never elude you.
Congratulations.
I sign this on this day, the 20th of November 2017. It is hereby approved by the creator.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by Addme: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2017
In your earlier posts,you wrote you received the money in your account some days back which means the money had stayed in your account for more than 2 days before you posted on nairaland that you didn't know how to go about it.
After like 4 days the imaginary money had been in your account, you just simply remembered that you have a friend in the same bank.
You posted the first one with no screenshots and also this with no screenshots.Ayaf heard.
What nairalanders will do for frontpage and attentions..........
You have passed a nice message though.
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2017
Addme:
In your earlier posts,you wrote you received the money in your account some days back which means the money had stayed in your account for more than 2 days before you posted on nairaland that you didn't know how to go about it.
After like 4 days you just simply remembered that you have a friend in the same bank.
You posted the first one with no screenshots and also this with no screenshots.Ayaf heard.
She has gotten the attention. Oya do your worse.
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by annie74(f): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2017
Addme:
After like 4 days you just simply remembered that you have a friend in the same bank.

SMH! I got the alert on Thursday afternoon. After I confirmed that it wasn't from anyone I know, I waited hoping it would be reversed and since it wasn't I decided to ask for advice here. You don't need to believe. It's not by force
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by krasican(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2017
I swear u a RARE GEM
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by krasican(m): 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2017
annie74:
Good evening everyone,

Here's the update
This morning, I called a friend of mine that works with my bank. I narrated everything to him and asked him to help me trace the source of the money and find out if there was a mistake from somewhere. After a while, he called to tell me that it was not a mistake and I can spend the money if I like. I still wasn't satisfied so I asked for the depositor's phone number. He sent it to me and I called. A woman picked up. Initially, she was skeptical about revealing details cause I asked specific questions. I asked for her name and guess what we have the same first name and surname plus we are from the same state. It's funny cause when she asked for my name and I told her, she was like 'how can we bearing the same name? What is the meaning of all this'.

Well she opened the account recently. After collecting her contribution money(she had been saving the money since the beginning of the year) she went to the bank, asked for her account details and she paid in the money. She said she was surprised she didn't get any alert and she felt she would resolve it later not knowing that the money wasn't even in her account at all.
Upon confirmation(teller) her money has been returned to her. She has been praying for me both through calls and messages. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I will end with this quote from George Washington

things go wrong"
Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

I swear you a RARE GEM
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by krasican(m): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2017
FortifiedCity:
She has gotten the attention. Oya do your worse.

Oga even though she is seeking for attention the attention make sense
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by Addme: 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2017
annie74:

SMH! I got the alert on Thursday afternoon. After I confirmed that it wasn't from anyone I know, I waited hoping it would be reversed and since it wasn't I decided to ask for advice here. You don't need to believe. It's not by force
So the person you know would have written "SELF" in the depositor's name i.e. the person you know would have written that he's paying himself.And you rushed to Nairaland on Sunday to know how to go about it forgetting you have a friend that works with the same bank.Like I said,the message is clear.
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by ifex370(m): 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2017
Addme:
So the person you know would have written "SELF" in the depositor's name i.e. the person you know would have written that he's paying himself.And you rushed to Nairaland on Sunday to know how to go about it forgetting you have a friend that works with the same bank.Like I said,the message is clear.

This guy sef
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by annie74(f): 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2017
Addme:

Now I know who the attention seeker is. Yes I admit that I asked people I know if they sent money to me despite the fact that the title was 'self'. Also, I came to Nairaland after trying to contact this friend of mine. He didn't pick on Saturday and Sunday. He picked his call this morning and when he found out I was the one, he apologised and explained that he misplaced his phone and he didn't have my number any longer. Meanwhile, he doesn't pick calls from strange numbers which is understandable. Will upload pictures(teller)to support everything if I can. Finally,don't ever associate the title 'attention seeker' to my moniker.
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by annie74(f): 9:04pm On Nov 20, 2017
Addme:
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by MilesLamar(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2017
Choi... me I want to marry the op and I want seun and lalasticala to sponsor our wedding
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2017
annie74:
Good evening everyone,

Here's the update

things go wrong"
Cc: Lalasti.clala, My.nd44
you are a good and honest Nigerian, thumbs up
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by TellMeNothing: 10:26pm On Nov 20, 2017
Bravo girl! You did well

Funny thing is even the bank did not solve issue o because, if you had not pressed further to get deep details you for still no know.. You no see as your guy man banker dun even give you speedy confirmation and go ahead to spend the money grin
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by Addme: 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2017
annie74:

Seriously you shouldn't blame me as some things sound weird in your statement.Even, imagine your banker friend that advised you to spend the money despite narrating to him that it was mistakenly paid to your account. Being a banker,I believe he should know the consequence that no matter how long it may take,it will still be detected.
There are so many inconsistencies but anyhow I will let it slide.
Kudos to you.
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by annie74(f): 10:54pm On Nov 20, 2017
Addme:
Seriously you shouldn't blame me as some things sound weird in your statement.Even, imagine your banker friend that advised you to spend the money despite narrating to him that it was mistakenly paid to your account. Being a banker,I believe he should know the consequence that no matter how long it may take,it will still be detected.
There are so many inconsistencies but anyhow I will let it slide.
Kudos to you.

He said that after he had confirmed from the branch where the deposit was made that it was not a mistake. No complaint was made until I called the woman. Remember I and the woman have the same initials
Anyway, thanks.
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by Addme: 11:07pm On Nov 20, 2017
annie74:

He said that after he had confirmed from the branch where the deposit was made that it was not a mistake. No complaint was made until I called the woman. Remember I and the woman have the same initials i.e Eni Rachael C.
Anyway, thanks.
Keep it up,Nigeria will be great with people like you.
lalasticlala,do the needful
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by sainty2k3(m): 12:56am On Nov 21, 2017
You did well, do not let anyone make you feel otherwise.
You acted rightly
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by Donald3d(m): 3:36am On Nov 21, 2017
You are awesome ma'am, God bless you . The things we do are the most important things of all. They are more important than what we say or what we look like. The things we do outlast our mortality. The things we do are like monuments that people build to honour heroes after they've died. They're like the pyramids that the Egyptians built to honour the Pharaohs. Only instead of being made out of stone, they're made out of the memories people have of you. That's why your deeds are like your monuments. Built with memories instead of with stone.

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by ElsonMorali: 9:39am On Dec 07, 2017
annie74:

He said that after he had confirmed from the branch where the deposit was made that it was not a mistake. No complaint was made until I called the woman. Remember I and the woman have the same initials i.e Eni Rachael C.
Anyway, thanks.

Wow! I'm impressed. Beautiful and honest. Please marry me already. embarassed kiss

Oh BTW, It's "...owner of the money HAS been found".
Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by annie74(f): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Wow! I'm impressed. Beautiful and honest. Please marry me already. embarassed kiss
Oh BTW, It's "...owner of the money HAS been found".
Lol... Yes I do. Let's get married. Thanks for the correction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATE: Owner Of The Money Has Been Traced by ElsonMorali: 10:20am On Dec 07, 2017
annie74:

Lol... Yes I do. Let's get married. Thanks for the correction.

Lol. That'd be an honor, really.

That was a Nice thing you did though. Thumbs up. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diabetic Patient Testimony Using Norland Products / Wine Business / 21 Reasons Why Network Marketing Is For You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.