Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation (2216 Views)

World Bank Group Admin Officer Assessment Invitation / Zidora Travels Job Interview Tomorrow At Ajah Is Suspicious. Please Don't Attend / Workforce Hr Operations Executive Assessment Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation by alagbasuyi(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2017
Good day,

I applied to a position at Babban Gona. The advert of the opening was posted here on nairaland.

I got an invitation to write a test as the first stage the assessment. However, I find the address and direction to the venue for the test somehow suspicious as i believe the corporate office of an organisation should be well situated.
See below the address and the direction to the venue as sent to me.

Address
No 9 Prof. Olabisi Olagoke Street Oceanside Estate, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos

Direction

1. From VI/Ikoyi take the Lekki Expressway to new 2nd Roundabout. 

2.Make Right at roundabout towards Ocean /Pinnacle Filling Station

3. Make the 2nd left turn at NCA Church/Street (Green Building will be on your right).

3.At end of street go straight through a big blue gate onto DCS Road, in our Sub Estate. 

4.Go to the end of DCS road, turn right and make immediate right again I.e. U-turn, go towards the middle of the street and you will see a brown and cream compound with a black gate.

Please note that I do not reside in Lagos as such I know little about locations in Lagos.

Useful information, ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you
Re: Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 21, 2017
alagbasuyi:
Good day,

I applied to a position at Babban Gona. The advert of the opening was posted here on nairaland.

I got an invitation to write a test as the first stage the assessment. However, I find the address and direction to the venue for the test somehow suspicious as i believe the corporate office of an organisation should be well situated.

Address

Direction

3. Make the 2nd left turn at NCA Church/Street (Green Building will be on your right).

3.At end of street go straight through a big blue gate onto DCS Road, in our Sub Estate. 

4.Go to the end of DCS road, turn right and make immediate right again I.e. U-turn, go towards the middle of the street and you will see a brown and cream compound with a black gate.

Please note that I do not reside in Lagos as such I know little about locations in Lagos.

Thank you
Check the company's website. Websites usually say a lot about authenticity of a company. When is the day slated for your interview
Re: Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation by Donkastrow: 10:40am On Nov 21, 2017
alagbasuyi:
Good day,

Address

Direction

Thank you

I would've given this a shot if I were you. The advert wasn't only posted on Nairaland. It was also posted on all the reliable job sites I'm familiar with.

1 Like

Re: Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation by betty616(f): 11:29am On Nov 21, 2017
Most places in Lekki are very difficult to locate. I currently got a job in Lekki phase 1, I remember vividly that I couldn't locate the place of the interview easily. I kept calling the number I saw on the invite because bikes don't go into every area of Lekki. At a point I was even scared. On so many occasions I've been invited for an interview at Lekki and out of fear I run back home forfeiting the interview because of fear. That's how I'd have lost out on getting a job if had done same thing for the one I just had. What I told myself was that I'll go, I'll be vigilant, look around to know how the place is. Just be careful anyway. Most offices in Lekki doesn't have sign post and as such you won't know for sure if there's an office there or not till you ask. Don't miss it. It might be the job you've been praying for all along

1 Like

Re: Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation by Yorubabhoy: 11:46am On Nov 21, 2017
alagbasuyi:
Good day,

Address

Direction

Thank you

The address is correct, I was there last year for an aptitude test, for the position finance analyst.

2 Likes

Re: Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation by alagbasuyi(m): 1:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
Yorubabhoy:

The address is correct, I was there last year for an aptitude test, for the position finance analyst.

Brodaly,

What's up with those guys, are they worth the stress.

Thank you
Re: Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation by manwonder: 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2017
alagbasuyi:

Hi Alagbasuyi,

How did the aptitude test go?

I also received an invite for the test.

Useful tips and heads up as regards the whole assessment procedure and the nature of the test will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation by abdulazizyahaya(m): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
I wrote my test since on Monday but no reply yet, did anyone hear from them, I mean those WHO wrote the test
Yorubabhoy:

Re: Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation by AOMP: 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2017
[quote author=alagbasuyi post=62571463]Good day,

Address

Direction

Babban Gona (“Great Farm” in Hausa) is an
agricultural franchise, developed by Doreo
Partners an Impact Investing Firm with a proven
track record of exclusively investing in profitable,
high growth, early stage businesses that improve
the livelihoods of Nigerian smallholder farmers.
Babban Gona inspires and enables hardworking
smallholder farmers reach their full potential by
providing a private sector channel for cost
effective delivery of enhanced agricultural
technologies and end-to-end services that
optimize yields and labor productivity, while
simultaneously improving market access.

It is very legit pls go.....u can also check their website

www.babbangona.com
Re: Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation by Uyi2017(m): 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2018
Good day bro... How was the aptitude test?
Re: Suspicious Address Of Assessment Invitation by omigyman(m): 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2018
abdulazizyahaya:
I wrote my test since on Monday but no reply yet, did anyone hear from them, I mean those WHO wrote the test

Yoo bro please aw was there test like I mean was it brain wrecking

(1) (Reply)

MERCHANDISERS / Mathematics Teacher Job Vacancy At Broadoak Schools / 1% Club Scam Or Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.