Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

O Boy! Na We Dey Spoil This Lagos True True - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / O Boy! Na We Dey Spoil This Lagos True True (532 Views)

How This Lagos Clergy Man And 10 Others Lowered Their Blood Pressur / This Thing Wan Spoil My Fine Boi Abeg Help Oo / Dont Allow Erectile Dysfunction Spoil Your Role In The Other Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

O Boy! Na We Dey Spoil This Lagos True True by Konverge: 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
Sumn just happened right now and I am very very hangry. This woman was just carrying big black bag this evening and I sinzerely thought she just got back from grocery shopping honezzly, the bag was so big, I was perplexed that shey people have started to do Christmas shopping so early ni?, they should give us time to gather small money nau, please it’s not a competition o jare.

My people, I cannot even make this one up, the next minute, she has looked left and right as if she was crossing express, her eyes shining like ‘thief man’ torch... but it was middle of street, so I just dey watch with keen surprise as Oyinbo man take talk am.

Waaawuuu, the next thing, she dumped the full bag on the ground and walked away innocently, I was shooketh in my inside, apostle must hear this!

Well, I wanted to go and carry the bag and give her back because I am a good person, but then I realize that someone cannot coman leave something important like that in the middle of the street and go away, something must be up… as I waka near am, the bag dey smell like say tomorrow no dey!!!! Na me play myself…

Are you mad? Are you even mad? May God not dump your blessing inside gutter or in the middle of the street! Are you mad? What is strong with you?

Why we dey do like this? Why we no dey respect our environment, wetin our environment do us? this our Lagos, na we get am o, nobody go maintain am for us if we no join hands together to make Cleaner Lagos a reality.

The matter tire me, but I will end this rant with the wise words of Egbon Olamide “Who do we blame for all the wrong we do to our environment? we blame everything but ourselves for not doing enough to take care of the environment… Kiloshele gan gan?

But jokes apart, let's do think about it, you step out of your house and your neighbours have leaked their soakaway pits cos it rained. Meanwhile, the Lagos State Government is hiring and training 27,500 Community Sanitation Workers (CSW) who will be evenly distributed within the 377 wards in the state to sweep the streets of Lagos (and many are our brothers and sisters o), distribute over 100,000 new trash cans throughout the city over the next 6 months to make sure trash goes where it belongs, cracking down on illegal dumping, creating new landfills, transfer loading stations, and material recovery facilities.

As much as these efforts are by the Akinwumi Ambode led administration, everyone needs to contribute their part to complement these efforts and make it an all-round success; A Cleaner Lagos is possible. Let’s quit the blame game, let’s do more than just talk and pointing fingers to create a Lagos state that we can all be collectively proud of.

I just tire walahi!

1 Like

Re: O Boy! Na We Dey Spoil This Lagos True True by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2017
I have seen that trend at the Awoyaya/Sangotedo areas of Lekki Epe expressway. That is when I know that most humans living on that axis are complete mad people. They dump refuse on the highway intersection.

Why people refuse to use their brains, baffles and marvels me.

1 Like

Re: O Boy! Na We Dey Spoil This Lagos True True by dingbang(m): 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
Come to Aluu road.. You will weep.. Why can't the government begin to task the citizens to pay for refuse disposal.
Re: O Boy! Na We Dey Spoil This Lagos True True by RichAsh: 6:51pm On Nov 21, 2017
Its just crazy that even with the amount of bins and all some people just act really ignorant and choose to dump things wherever they see or choose like its their right.....We need to cleanup lagos people
Re: O Boy! Na We Dey Spoil This Lagos True True by Taal17: 7:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
People are just stubborn and avoid paying waste disposal fees
So they dump on public roads and say it's government problem.

May I add.
For those of us that don't do what they do please add sorting your waste to it.
Separate your plastic bottles in big plastic bags. There are those who reuse and recycle them, it's easier for them to do that when those bottles are not mixed up with other waste

(1) (Reply)

Phobia Of Liking Comment And Being Traced / How To Heal Tooth Cavities/decay Naturally / Amazing Facts About Leprosy You Didn't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.