Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Poetry Lovers Of The 90s, Who Can Recall This Poem? - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Poetry Lovers Of The 90s, Who Can Recall This Poem? (553 Views)

Poet Lover Appraise And Critize This Poem By A Nairalander / Poetry Group Chat. (bringing Nigerian Poets And Poetry Lovers Together) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poetry Lovers Of The 90s, Who Can Recall This Poem? by Ishilove: 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
I dreamt i saw an eye, a pretty eye,

In your hands. Glittering, wet and sickening,

Like a dull onyx set in a crown of thorns.

I did not know you were dead

When you dropped it in my laps . . .

Why do you now weep

And offer me this little gift

Of a dull onyx set in a crown of thorns?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Poetry Lovers Of The 90s, Who Can Recall This Poem? by Ishilove: 12:14pm On Nov 22, 2017
Don't use google o cheesy

The morbidity of the subject matter is part of what enamoured me to this particular piece of poetry. I would sit down after classes and reread it over and over again.
Re: Poetry Lovers Of The 90s, Who Can Recall This Poem? by TheHistorian(m): 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2017
Seen.
Re: Poetry Lovers Of The 90s, Who Can Recall This Poem? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2017
Ishilove:
Don't use google o cheesy

The morbidity of the subject matter is part of what enamoured me to this particular piece of poetry. I would sit down after classes and reread it over and over again.

grin

Infact I'm discombobulated with your vocabulary.

1 Like

Re: Poetry Lovers Of The 90s, Who Can Recall This Poem? by Ishilove: 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2017
OrestesDante:

grin

Infact I'm discombobulated with your vocabulary.
Don't be grin

Hint: The poem was a recommended text in Nigerian secondary schools for many sessions

(1) (Reply)

Love Mistaken / Get Inspired: Stay Glue To The Rules / >>>short End-rhyming Poem, U Can't Avoid To Miss This<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.