Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Tips On How To Have A Good Nysc Camping Experience - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Tips On How To Have A Good Nysc Camping Experience (709 Views)

Advice On Good NYSC PPA In Lagos That Offers Free Accommodation. / NYSC Officially Announces 2019 Batch C Stream 1 Camping Date / NYSC Calender 2018 For Camping & POP of all streams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Have A Good Nysc Camping Experience by Princezoi(m): 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2017
Whats up! Whats up!! TGIW…... Thank God its Wednesday *I hope there is anything like that* Nwanne Ke Kwa nu… yeaaahhh I have been learning a few Igbo language, but I don’t really understand this dude that calls me “Hakeem” like how does “Kunmi” and “Hakeem” sound the same? Well Nysc orientation camp opened yesterday and I hope you are at your respective state of deployment. I will be sharing a few tips that will help you have a safe and wonderful camping experience.

DOCUMENTATION: After you must have settled down in your hostels and found a bed space, the next thing for you is to start your documentation process, now there are so many misconceptions about this, someone told me to make at least 20- 30 copies of all my documents, well I made like 20 each, during documentation I ended up using just 5 copies each. So I’ll advise you to make 5-7 copies of ALL your documents, also come with original copies of your documents just to show them for verification but don’t submit them.

LUGGAGES: Please when you are coming to camp don’t over pack yourself with luggage, I laugh when I see people with big boxes, are you planning on staying there for the rest for your life?? Travel light, all the things you need will be available for sale at the camp, let’s not kid ourselves, you will probably not use most of the things you brought from home.

NO FRIVOLOUS SPENDING: Money is a very important factor, people will give you gist of how they spent more than 80-100k in camp, excuse me did you buy a land there?? i am not saying you shouldn’t spend at all, but don’t spend frivolously, that fact that you came to camp with loads of cash doesn’t mean you have to spend everything at a 3 weeks’ camp, who says you can’t save.

POWER BANKS: Most of the camp hostels do not have electric sockets for charging, so it will be wise to go with a long lasting power bank, though you will get places where you can charge, but with you power bank, it will save you a lot of stress.

MEDICATIONS: Health is wealth, if you know that you have an illness and there is a special type of medication for it, please go to camp with these medications. Asthmatic patients should always carry their inhaler with them, if you start to feel symptoms of illness, please go to the camp clinic and receive proper treatment, do not engage in self-medication.

THE SOLDIERS: *sighs* they say the fear of soldiers is the beginning of wisdom, well this is so true, that your uncle, brother or father is in the navy or army does not give you the right to insult any of them o!!!! I was told that the soldiers are very brutal and wicked, well it was the opposite, they were very friendly and funny, always happy and ready to work, I still don’t know how they do that, but don’t take advantage of that and be rude to them.

BE OPEN MINDED: NYSC happens one in life time, so why don’t you just take the moment and enjoy it, I know it doesn’t look like your big mansion, but hey!! A little change of environment wouldn’t be that bad. One of the things that affected my camp experience was that I wasn’t open minded, just like you I was angry of where I was posted, everything irritated me, but it also affected me, I didn’t get to have fun like others did, when people share their experiences, I keep wondering if it’s the same camp we are in or not, I guessed I missed out on a lot of things. Partake in camp activities, if not all, at least most of them, join a unit in camp, they will enlighten you on these various unit, join anyone that appeals to you, for me I was an OBS member.

On a final note be prayerful, don’t let the excitement take you from God, and be wary of those you work with, make friends but don’t make bad friends.

www.bleechreports.com/2017/11/tips-on-how-to-have-good-nysc-camping.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Access Bank Commences 2017 / 2018 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Self Contain Apartment For Rent In Port Harcourt, Rivers State / 30 Ondo Corp Members Given Extension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.