Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) (10310 Views)

Tiwa Savage OPPRESS Davido As Wizkid Take Her Out For Dinner In Lagos As Davido / Does Wizkid Age At All? Fans Ask As He Releases Throwback Pictures / 14-Year-Old Davido Begged D'prince & Wande Coal For Pic, But Now...- Davido Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by censeakay(m): 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
lovely17:
WizKid frustrates me honestly so much talent ,best producers around him yet his songs are crap

still beats me how Americans like the guy

for ur info Americans dont like Wizkid the Sound from the other sound wasnt consume in America or Nigeria not even anywhere in the World.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by ruggedadventure(m): 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
peacesamuel94:

he doesn't need to, he should maintain his style of music just like when he started....But if he wants to, he can.
When the rules of the game changes bro......you gotta change your approach and tactics too

If the likes of M.I, Vector, Dr sid, Banky W dbanj etc knew this..... They would have been in a better and higher rank by now.
These days, it's no longer about the music they make, it's about their crowd and the money they make.
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by Saverin: 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
Robi65:
NB. This is not a team frog voice or Team fela reincarnation sh*t...
But honestly boy needs a reset.. he keeps dishing out trash that leaves me wondering whether he considers his consumers before stepping into the studio..
Or is it that he is loosing it and the inspiration has stopped coming?
Honestly I won't like to say this.. but the "Frog voice" guy seems to understand the gimmicks and psychology of good music .. this is why I keep respecting all the time

Wizkid please the hip-hop consumers has no time to dwell on your past Hits. Give us something interesting else you drop like Olamide

If I tell you say I love u oh... grin

u too fine
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by lovely17(m): 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2017
censeakay:

for ur info Americans dont like Wizkid the Sound from the other sound wasnt consume in America or Nigeria not even anywhere in the World.

So where is all the hype coming from
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by censeakay(m): 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
lovely17:

So where is all the hype coming from
am nothing talking about free download,
in an interview with one of the underground rapper in USA, he mention people dont buy the album, and truely the album turnout was low, the album didnt reign for 2 month in Nigeria here
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by oluebubeneo(f): 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
my favorite wizkid song is holla at your boy shaa...
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by macof(m): 11:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
peacesamuel94:

So since Rihanna is an international star, bigger than wizkid by every standard, and her consumers scatter across wider regions. Do you see her singing in Ibo, Hausa, or French to cater for foreign consumers?

did fela ever change his style to become the international musician he became?

Does a musician necessarily need to loose his personality, deny his ethnicity, or change his style of singing to become international?

This one doesn't know what music in 2017 is sha (commercialization). Abi the Davido you are hailing is it not commercialization that he is using, he isn't good at singing, he just has musical ideas and money to push them forward and buy lyrics and dope beats

1 Like

Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by peacesamuel94(m): 6:04am On Nov 25, 2017
macof:
This one doesn't know what music in 2017 is sha (commercialization). Abi the Davido you are hailing is it not commercialization that he is using, he isn't good at singing, he just has musical ideas and money to push them forward and buy lyrics and dope beats

Please show me where I "hailed" Davido.
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by Threebear(m): 7:01am On Nov 25, 2017
censeakay:

I tire for his fans sha .An album that didn't make it to billboard top 100 is loved by Americans? Nawa
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by Alwaysking: 7:16am On Nov 25, 2017
nikkypearl:
Olamide bin sipping coffee on top the op head...

The op is a lover of Barbeque...just check my signature grin

#teamfrogvoice#
Lol Bighead grin
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by censeakay(m): 7:22am On Nov 25, 2017
Threebear:

I tire for his fans sha .An album that didn't make it to billboard top 100 is loved by Americans? Nawa
am telling u
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by nonxo007(m): 8:52am On Nov 25, 2017
Robi65:
But honestly boy needs a reset.. he keeps dishing out trash that leaves me wondering whether he considers his consumers before stepping into the studio..
Honestly I won't like to say this.. but the "Frog voice" guy seems to understand the gimmicks and psychology of good music .. this is why I keep respecting all the time

Wizkid please the hip-hop consumers has no time to dwell on your past Hits. Give us something interesting else you drop like Olamide

So this is your current life problem?? Fyi WizKid is a heavy millionaire, same goes for Davido...so your opinion doesn't count, at all
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by Noaril(m): 10:13am On Nov 25, 2017
dbaeous:
Funny bro, obviously we have different definitions to music, the album is trash from my view and yeah the mo je dodo has a nice beat but trashy. Listen to good musics bro, this album is below olamide
that is why its called wobe sound. na for the streets.. but u can never understand since u still dey collect money to barb from ur daddy
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by nikkypearl(f): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2017
shocked sad sad
Alwaysking:
Lol Bighead grin
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by ola12(m): 11:57am On Nov 25, 2017
macof:

He has talent too, not evribody wit money nd musical ideas can bcum as successful as he is
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by greencard: 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2017
peacesamuel94:

Music is more than the language it was written in bro, it is a universal language.

That explains why phyno has fans in Ghana and western Nigerian, that explains why Sarkodie have fans in Nigeria. That explains why some Nigerians love Indian music...

However my point actually was not solely about language, it was more about the artist being himself and not changing his style of music to become international, because when you're good at what you do, everyone(no matter where they are in the world) will appreciate it.

mydear i understand your point of view, truth is most people won't see from your stand points. That an artiste has a large fan base isn't a yardstick that he sings well. Some maybe due to natural love, others may be cos of sentiments they share about the said artiste or what have you.

I personally fell in love with the wizkid that sang halla at your boy, pakurumo, and other afro hits..i don't like the one that is tryna be foreign cos of what I can't really say it is for.

Having super sounds and good production is what is keeping wizkid relevant aside fame and wealth. Take it or leave it.

If wizkid never had a pedigree of good songs we wouldn't have criticized the new wack songs he is dishing out. We cant say same for terry g or konga no disrespect, just sake of emphasis.

Wizkid be living on fame and past glory. He needs to get his act together. Buy songs if he must anything to improve his art. For the love of his brand.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by Dollyyo(m): 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
Twizzy30:
wizkid is shiit rn, thats why u see most of his fans are these stupid ladies and kids. all he does is shout yeah yeah yeah from beginning to end. He's using his sweet voice to scam us.

Precisely �����
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by peacesamuel94(m): 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
greencard:
mydear i understand your point of view, truth is most people won't see from your stand points. That an artiste has a large fan base isn't a yardstick that he sings well. Some maybe due to natural love, others may be cos of sentiments they share about the said artiste or what have you.

I personally fell in love with the wizkid that sang halla at your boy, pakurumo, and other afro hits..i don't like the one that is tryna be foreign cos of what I can't really say it is for.

Having super sounds and good production is what is keeping wizkid relevant aside fame and wealth. Take it or leave it.

If wizkid never had a pedigree of good songs we wouldn't have criticized the new wack songs he is dishing out. We cant say same for terry g or konga no disrespect, just sake of emphasis.

Wizkid be living on fame and past glory. He needs to get his act together. Buy songs if he must anything to improve his art. For the love of his brand.

spot on bro.... this is exactly my point.
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by MistrHighfee(m): 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2017
Robi65:

sincerely u are extremely annnoying......ok we shu cook stone habi!!!!
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by macof(m): 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2017
ola12:

He has talent too, not evribody wit money nd musical ideas can bcum as successful as he is
my guy if you listen to songs and not just follow hype you will find at least 20 nigerian male artiste that sing better than Davido but arent at his level of sucess
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 26, 2017
Noaril:
but u can never understand since u still dey collect money to barb from ur daddy
Funny bro, either you are a kid or a broke immature adult. Peace
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
nikkypearl:
Olamide bin sipping coffee on top the op head...

The op is a lover of Barbeque...just check my signature grin

#teamfrogvoice#
Osheey!!
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2017
Sharplakezy:
Are you talking about the same wizkid? most streamed afrobeat artist. his consumers are not only Nigerians, so he needs to put them all in consideration when doing music. but you guys that like noise making will complain till you die. if you don't like his songs, listen to others. ain't by force

thank you,you took the words out of my mouth #wizzyforlife
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by Effizy12(m): 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2017
peacesamuel94:

he doesn't need to, he should maintain his style of music just like when he started....But if he wants to, he can.
How does he started? He started with Hola at your Boy incase you have forgotten.
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by Ryocaj(m): 11:29pm On Dec 01, 2017
HORLADSTAR:

see dis guy o.i bet u haven't listen to fine fine girls ft tiwa,mo je dodo,Wo spiritual(that really move me into the spiritual realm).and for ur info bro,that album sound meaningful to me.
RATING-9.8/10
Olamide sings nonsense now.. D Lagos Nawa album was pathetic.. Only d Lagos Nawa track got my attention.. I'll give d album 2/10
Re: What Does Wizkid Take Us For? (PIC) by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 02, 2017
Robi65:
Honestly I won't like to say this.. but the "Frog voice" guy seems to understand the gimmicks and psychology of good music ..

Haha,I laugh @ u.Davido/good music....those words don't go together
So "banana fall on you" is now good music abi?
Mtcheeeeeewww,RUBBISH.Davido should go & f**k a transformer

#starboyalltheway

(1) (2) (Reply)

'See Yansh- Tiwa Savage Flashes her Black Pant in See through Gown, Fans React / I Would Have Been Disqualified If I Were In The House With Neo & Tolanibaj - Vee / "You're A Disgrace" — Moyo Lawal Under Fire As She Twerks In Transparent Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.