Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF (13516 Views)

Epidemic Looms In Ita'adu Over Open Defecation / Desist From Using Ordinary Water For Hand-washing After Defecation – Unicef Warn / India And Not Nigeria Is The Worlds Capital Of Open Defecation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by AFONJACOW(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
Yoruba demons contribute to 90% of open defecations in Nigeria.... quote me wrong

2 Likes

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Litmus: 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2017
No doubt, Nigeria would likely rank high on any such Public Defecation Table if research is carried out. And this is my concern - RESEARCH or lack of one, as the case may be. I'm intrigued and doubtful that any research is ever carried out in Nigeria that justify the placing Nigeria receives on all the other Ranking Tables out there - in the Web and real life - some of which makes their way frequently on Niaraland. Ironically, I've always felt that Nigeria owes here continued survival and her successes, that surprises the world occasionally, due to the Ignorance people have about Nigeria informed by belittling news put about by sheer dislike of the Nation and her people. If you want to defeat the Lion, you first need to know what the Lion is, it is pointless emboldening yourselves with Make-believe that the Lion is a cat, a muggy cat, flea-bitten,mangy and barley able to meow let alone raise a claw to swipe at anyone. Take such a view to the fight and you'll be mauled and consumed by the Lion. Just such and example is found on Henry's Military thread where, presumably, a Nigerian and a Sudanese were debating on which Nation, of the two, is the superior militarily. Both made good point until the Sudanese began to lose, in my mind, just when he began to believe he was winning. The Sudanese began to paste numerous Tables on Nigeria of the sort that I mean above. Tables that invariably portrays Nigeria like a basket case, informed as they are by statistics, that you'd be equally valid if you ticked either A, B or C in a multiple choice where A ) is Expectation B) Wishful Thinking and C) Actual Research.
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by go4success(f): 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2017
If you want to see real open defecation, go to "Kudeti" river in Ibadan grin. It flows through Gege, Oranyan, Orita Aperinn etc. Majority of houses in that Beere/ Oje axis don't have toilets wink. Just go to that river and defecate openly lipsrsealed, or you do it at home and go and throw it there. During my stay there, the whole compound keeps their sh* in a basket grin, and someone goes to throw it away the following morning. I asked an old woman why the river is called Kudeti, she said a white man once passed through the place and exclaimed,"this place is too dirty!" The natives who couldn't understand him nodded their heads happily at the new name of the river. Ahh "Kudeti" grin. The famous Oranyan market is just across the river. If you don't want to climb the bridge, there's a shortcut through the river. You will see live buttocks of people defecating openly and practically see different types of poo floating past your legs. That place is one of a kind. Anybody that knows those areas in Ibadan will understand. embarassed However, that is where the whole magic happens. If you want to research on cultural stuff like "egungun,"Ifa" and more, that is the headquarters in Ibadan. No dull moment, winkI saw a lot of festivals. cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 23, 2017
abejide1000:
For all good things, we'll be ranked so low, but when it comes to bad things, we always keep high profiles.

Corruption.................A1
Money ritual .............B2
Hunger.......................B2
Cultism......................B3
Terrorist.....................B3
Employment..............D7
Fifa ranking...............D7
Public Health............E8
Power supply............F9
Good roads...............G10
Religion gullibility A1

Hmmm, only God can save this country cry cry
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2017
abejide1000:
For all good things, we'll be ranked so low, but when it comes to bad things, we always keep high profiles.

Religion gullibility.........A1

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by alenwup(m): 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2017
The ranking is unfavorable. Must we be denied of our position every year? We suppose carry 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions �

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Jaideyone(m): 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Under Buhari, this country has continued to rank high in abnormal things.

Go to Daura, no toilet. They have shot put system of toileting. Even Aso villa toilet is nothing to write home about.
we've been third for at least 7yrs now. stop displaying your ignorance. buhari is not responsible for all your life troubles
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by ehissi(m): 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2017
TANTUMERGO007:
We suppose be number one

Go to those railways for mile 2 and orile down, not to even mention obalende or those water areas like third mainland bridge.
We suppose they number 1-5

Heeey!! Stop that nonsense you hear.......... angry

Are you trying to tell us that we dey kaka pass india?

Dont just try and say it, because for your information India is number one on that Defecation table and they will not be seeing relegation in a billion years........ undecided
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by demsid(m): 7:13pm On Nov 23, 2017
tiwiex:

Lol. Nice photo trick. You will make a great movie producer or director. Don't lose your talent oh.
thanks
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by EmeraldKing7(m): 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2017
This Unicef people recommended pay and use latrine....Chai...this 1 is even worse..The average standard of public latrines in naija is ....... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by GOFRONT(m): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
I dey com make i go do shalanga.

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2017
plice01:

Nigeria again sit high up there on a world ranking no country can be proud of – third on world open defecation ranking.

And instead of Nigeria’s government getting worried, it is the United Nations Children’s Fund, UNICEF, that is worried on their behalf and have urged urgent action to curb the practice as the country can no longer withstand its effects.

Zaid Jurji, UNICEF’s Chief on Water and Sanitation Section pointed out that the practice is unhealthy and has negative effects on people’s health.

Meanwhile, UNICEF has suggested that Nigeria adopt the pay-and-use latrine system to curb the menace.

Source: https://www.24buzzng.com/open-defecation-nigeria-worries-unicef-says-country-cannot-withstand-practice/

They wanted to type Lagos n they made a mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by ofuonyebi: 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2017
Buhari govt should sue those country that stole our NO.1 position..

most dangerous country to live...NO.2....best economy nko??

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by 3kay945(m): 9:02pm On Nov 23, 2017
Offpoint:
I'm dedicating this space to NwaAikpe, the Lord has finally delivered him from whatsoever he was suffering from. I can see changes in his comments these couple of days. please Nairalanders join me and celebrate his deliverance. truly no condition is permanent. I'm currently praying for sarrki too.

grin
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Rozaytee: 9:34pm On Nov 23, 2017
Niyinficient:

Especially University ladies....90% of girls in schools (Secondary and tertiary institutions) are well grounded in the act 'short putting'
guys too
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by brojoshua: 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2017
A corrupt country will always be last in all things

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Henry1006(m): 9:45pm On Nov 23, 2017
Augustflame:
Who ranks first and second? Those countries must be very skilled to outranked us.
No1 is India grin

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 23, 2017
rozayx5:
Well we know the region who don't have toilets sha

shocked shocked

Only one Local Government Area in Nigeria is officially certified to be open defecation free and it's in Cross River State.
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by BlackAce31(m): 12:56am On Nov 24, 2017
abejide1000:

Good roads................Absent
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Ejanla07: 5:33am On Nov 24, 2017
short put republic of ibadam

1 Like

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Ejanla07: 5:53am On Nov 24, 2017
triple996:
Nawawoo Some ipob idiots will always find a way of faulting afonjas for everything Am in d north come and beat me

but open defecation is afonjas work
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Maski87: 6:39am On Nov 24, 2017
All these rich people now the don't want poor man to enjoy shitttiing in peace
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by sirusX(m): 9:22am On Nov 24, 2017
But when they built the 'Ultra-Modern' floating toilet in Bayelsa, people complained grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3942562/kate-owoko-builds-floating-toilet

Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Niyinficient(m): 9:43am On Nov 24, 2017
Rozaytee:
guys too

Its a known fact that ladies do it most...they dont use the hostels and facilities toilets.
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by mgbadike81: 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2017
triple996:

So what's Your point?
If You have nothing to say continue with You hate speech
As if it will Bring anything reasonable.hate speech only brings violence, disunity and tribalism,ipob should have learned 4rm that.
If You hate Nigeria,pack to south-sudan or Somali
RIP English.
Re: Open Defecation: Nigeria Ranks 3rd - UNICEF by Charleys: 6:44pm On Nov 19, 2019
Lovya

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nasarawa Conjoined Twins Eventually Die / APETAMIN weight gain Syrup(supplement) / My 'Pikin Syrup' Maker Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.